ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 23, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #916 of 12,586
Pretty ironic I'm #69 on the list and I bought them for my 50th birthday and was born in 1969. I guess I was meant to buy them! Also surprised how many iron wood sold compared to monkey pod. I may just be lucky enough to get my monkey pods in the first batch. I'm right on the cusp of how many cup sets Zach said he had ready. The VC will be my first ZMF headphone. I've been eyeing them for a long time. I currently listen to a pair of Mr. Speakers CX from MassDrop and the SendyAudio Aiva Black Beauty. For amps I use the MassDrop THX AAA789 and the Monoprice Cavali Liquid Platinum. Those are fed from my MacBook Pro to a Schiit Yggy

It says in the email not to share the spreadsheet. If you didn't get it, check your junk mail. It came from Zach himself, not ZMF.
I hope you get it before your birthday
I’m watching “Malcolm In The Middle ” these days and I ended up somewhere in the middle.
Sorry for lame joke

Sep 23, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #918 of 12,586
Sep 23, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #919 of 12,586
Wow, looks like if you haven't ordered yet, you most likely will not get a VC this year.

Sep 23, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #920 of 12,586
Not sure what the fuss is about. He’s hardly damning about the VC, more a comment on build, to which there aren’t many who match focal but that’s fine they’re an enormous company by comparison. I don’t warm to his style of review, not enough detail on sq performance for me, but he makes some interesting points re the stellia’s transformation with burn in compared to other HPs and the importance of amplification synergy. Stellias definitely benefit from tubes over ss amps. I absolutely love mine via Feliks audio euforia (el39 powers, el11 drivers) compared to straight out of the hugo2. I’m not expecting the VCs to match every element of their performance, instead I’m hoping for a new flavouring for my music which I’ll enjoy as much or more but not necessarily instead of :)

I enjoy watching reviews including Z reviews, however I do not take them as gospel, merely as a guide. I have been lucky enough to have owned/own some really great headphones over the last few years. Including the Utopia, Empyreans, 4Z, Mr Speakers. T1’s 2nd gen and Stellias. And guess what I have enjoyed all of them. Admittedly some more than others but this was more about my preference than anything else. Budget constraints and time allowing I would have liked to keep them all but then I’d probably be divorced, lonely and sad if I had of done lol.
All I can say is when I auditioned the VC at London CanJam I was blown away by them and immediately placed an order. Very few headphones have had that effect on me.

Not sure why Z reviews is still getting anymore mentions over 2 pages. They are not the only reviewers in town. I much prefer Torq's reviews, be they on Verite or dac. Likewise there are a lot more interesting and informative reviewers. So let's move on. This is about ZMF Verite's closed headphone and not about Z reviews.

I was wondering what he was going to say about the VC,simply because he didnt like the VO. He claimed to hear things from the VO that none of us were hearing,so im not surprised. However,I find it irresponsible for him to even mention the VC,based upon a 25 second audition.

I have heard many headphones for several minutes,yet you'll never hear or see my commenting one way or the other on those headphones. IMO a person needs at least a week,preferably longer before I take their opinion seriously.

Sep 23, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #921 of 12,586
Surprised to see that a clear majority of buyers chose the Limited Ironwood version.

well... I ordered the « standard » version :wink:. As a matter of fact I was afraid of un-confort due of the extra weight of the LTD.

Sep 23, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #923 of 12,586
A valid concern ... which worries me a bit. Let’s see ... :)
I am using Verite Open Ziricote...which is 550g without cable and it sits perfectly well on my head with its clamping force and suspension starp. I am hoping extra 70-~80gm should be OK

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #924 of 12,586
well... I ordered the « standard » version :wink:. As a matter of fact I was afraid of un-confort due of the extra weight of the LTD.
An then the standard becomes more "exclusive" than the LTD, which is unexpected (I ordered a LTD)

Sep 23, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #925 of 12,586
An then the standard becomes more "exclusive" than the LTD, which is unexpected (I ordered a LTD)
African Blackwood has started getting cult following among ZMF headphone fans due to it sonic characteristics and rarity and may be similarity of ironwood with it has tempted many to go for it.
Quoting from ZMF website
"This Desert Ironwood has me more excited than I’ve been in a long time for a LTD wood. Desert Ironwood cannot be harvested unless naturally fallen, and even then finding a tree large enough to yield headphones is rare, as the trunks are usually smaller than even African Blackwood at 1-2 feet wide. Regardless of the rarity, it also sands and finishes to one of the most beautiful polishes I’ve seen. This wood is more expensive and rare in headphone form than anything we’ve ever offered!"

Sep 23, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #926 of 12,586
Scanned through the posts and didn’t see a reply to this... has anyone who ordered through Acorn Audio received the spreadsheet already?

Sep 23, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #929 of 12,586
Not sure what the fuss is about. He’s hardly damning about the VC, more a comment on build, to which there aren’t many who match focal but that’s fine they’re an enormous company by comparison. I don’t warm to his style of review, not enough detail on sq performance for me, but he makes some interesting points re the stellia’s transformation with burn in compared to other HPs and the importance of amplification synergy. Stellias definitely benefit from tubes over ss amps. I absolutely love mine via Feliks audio euforia (el39 powers, el11 drivers) compared to straight out of the hugo2. I’m not expecting the VCs to match every element of their performance, instead I’m hoping for a new flavouring for my music which I’ll enjoy as much or more but not necessarily instead of :)
Apologies for the slight off-topic, but given how much impact burn-in has on HPs and other equipment, do high-end manufacturers perform any burn-in before shipping? It seems it would make sense at least for TOLT equipment. I bought my Stellia open box and think that the original buyer might have kept it if he/she had tried it after burn-in. The improvement has been very significant.

Sep 23, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #930 of 12,586
Apologies for the slight off-topic, but given how much impact burn-in has on HPs and other equipment, do high-end manufacturers perform any burn-in before shipping? It seems it would make sense at least for TOLT equipment. I bought my Stellia open box and think that the original buyer might have kept it if he/she had tried it after burn-in. The improvement has been very significant.

Not just off topic this almost fighting talk on a VC thread! :wink: :).... but I agree and I can think of worse ways than whiling away the evenings listening to our sophisticated sounding french friends :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back