ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 17, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #631 of 12,512
Until today, I thought you're making your millions from YouTube reviews...
But now, I know you're a pro male model. Wow - so natural in front of the lens!! :wink:
Actually,im in the film Modern Girls,during the nightclub scene,with the dearly departed Bobbi Brat(RIP) Few women have ever intimidated me. She did. I was an idiot.

Im also in the opening classroom scene of the Twisted Sister video for "I Wanna Rock" I was supposed to be in it more,but Dee Snyder insisted I be moved to the back of the room,so I never went back for the 2nd day of filming.

Mark Metcalf,who played the evil,metal hating teacher,and also of Animal House fame was super cool.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #632 of 12,512
Guys - forget about Verite Closed. I just got the permission from @zach915m and @BooUrns to publish here, for the first time, some info on the next flagship headphones from ZMF.
Zach and I co-developed this one for years 3 years now!!
Meet the new closed back Thŏmás: (the hype train is built-in :wink:)

81x0qX3pQFL._SL1500_.jpg
Wow...that's a really useful headphone....

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #633 of 12,512
Great to hear this!!!! I've got a nice combo of Aeolus and VC on the way!!!* :L3000:

* "on the way" is wishful thinking. Actually I'm like 35 on both lists...
But VC will open for order on 20th right?

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #634 of 12,512
But VC will open for order on 20th right?
Correct, my wrong. I was on the list for the VO before I decided to switch to VC. No list for the VC (at least not that I know!).

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #636 of 12,512
Actually,im in the film Modern Girls,during the nightclub scene,with the dearly departed Bobbi Brat(RIP) Few women have ever intimidated me. She did. I was an idiot.

Im also in the opening classroom scene of the Twisted Sister video for "I Wanna Rock" I was supposed to be in it more,but Dee Snyder insisted I be moved to the back of the room,so I never went back for the 2nd day of filming.

Mark Metcalf,who played the evil,metal hating teacher,and also of Animal House fame was super cool.
Well well it’s so nice to interact with a star

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #638 of 12,512
Dunno about that. I grew up in Southern California and you can't throw a rock without hitting someone who has worked in the film or music industry.

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #639 of 12,512
Dunno about that. I grew up in Southern California and you can't throw a rock without hitting someone who has worked in the film or music industry.
Almost anywhere in the world, this is the typical conversation:

Person1: I know a guy who knows a guy that was an extra in a failed TV series pilot that never got picked up!
Person2: Wow! That is SO COOL!

SoCal conversation:

Person1: I know a guy who has no SAG card, isn't a struggling musician, never attempted modeling, and doesn't do catering or work in the hospitality industry to make connections!
Person2: Wait, in L.A.?
Person1: Yeah!
Person2: Wow! That is SO WEIRD!!

Sep 17, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #641 of 12,512
not at all. first, totally different price points. second, totally different sound signatures. i've not heard the VC, but i've heard every other ZMF. i can't stress enough how unique sounding each is. add in the plethora of pads to swap, which has dramatic changes on the sound, and imo it keeps all models relevant. plus outright technical ability isn't always best. for ages the HD800 was the most technically capable headphone in existence, and i still preferred the HD650 to it by a large margin. as much as i adore and love my Auteur, i still listen to the Atticus far more. i just like it's tonality and engagement factor more.

I definitely will keep the Atticus - has a mid focused sig that does not have a substitute for me, it is the Eikon vs VC, whether are these 2 very similar in freq response

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #642 of 12,512
Well I am flipping coins over here on the VC vs VO. Darthpool says they are warm and with a shimmer in the highs and Monster says they have a nice impact on the bass and a little brighter than the VO. I guess the differences are down to different pads and perhaps different systems. I would prefer the sound to be more of the added bass impact with added highs, along with the 3Dness of the VO. That sound signature would make it a go on the VC over another VO for me.
I think the difference between what @Monsterzero and I are describing also comes down to semantics. But that being said, I also am listening on completely different sources, when I say warmth I’m usually referring to how the sound has more lows, but also in that it seems to sidle up with my ears with more presence in the mids and lows. The VC does slam when you need it to, with exactly what monster describes it as. While it does have a brightness to it, I would be more inclined to think Focal bright over say HD800 bright, but that is not describing accurately the highs, as it doesn’t have either of those sound signatures. Hence me saying Shimmer lol, kind of reminds me a little bit of the sparkle of the Campfire Andromeda...keyword being reminds :wink:

At the end of the day, we are being hype-train(esque) here...as it is hard not to gush about these, but I would also temper expectations...these are fantastic, but don’t expect angels to burst from them and sing love songs in your ears...or on the flip a succubus to spring from the ground and ASMR you “in-real-life” lol

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #643 of 12,512
Do any of you with a VC have an Ether C or Ether C Flow on hand and can comment on its isolation vs the VC? Thanks.

It’s been awhile, so grain of salt, but... I think I’m safe in saying the VC has greater impact, dynamics, superior PrAT, bass, and tonality in comparison to the Ether C.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #644 of 12,512
I think the difference between what @Monsterzero and I are describing also comes down to semantics. But that being said, I also am listening on completely different sources, when I say warmth I’m usually referring to how the sound has more lows, but also in that it seems to sidle up with my ears with more presence in the mids and lows. The VC does slam when you need it to, with exactly what monster describes it as. While it does have a brightness to it, I would be more inclined to think Focal bright over say HD800 bright, but that is not describing accurately the highs, as it doesn’t have either of those sound signatures. Hence me saying Shimmer lol, kind of reminds me a little bit of the sparkle of the Campfire Andromeda...keyword being reminds :wink:

At the end of the day, we are being hype-train(esque) here...as it is hard not to gush about these, but I would also temper expectations...these are fantastic, but don’t expect angels to burst from them and sing love songs in your ears...or on the flip a succubus to spring from the ground and ASMR you “in-real-life” lol
No angels....no succubus either? Aw damn, forget the VC, I will just stick with my Shure 440's! From the sounds of it I get the feeling that the VC has a bit more slam and energy up top, than the more refined and laid back sound of the VO. Hopefully that sounds about right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back