ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Dec 17, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #11,326 of 12,524
The Verite Closed, while it ‘prefers’ an OTL tube h/p/a, is a joy to listen with via Liquid Platinum (fortified with external linear power supply and Valvo E88CCs):
894823F3-C95C-4BA8-AB6D-6B5845A9E82D.jpeg

Dec 17, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #11,327 of 12,524
The Verite Closed, while it ‘prefers’ an OTL tube h/p/a, is a joy to listen with via Liquid Platinum (fortified with external linear power supply and Valvo E88CCs):
Sweet. I'm curious - how does the sound of the VC differs on the Liquid Platinum vs. an OTL? I own the VC and use it with my amps (Woo WA-23, Ferrum Oor & iFi Diablo). All of which sound great, but none of which are OTLs.

Dec 17, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #11,328 of 12,524
The Verite Closed, while it ‘prefers’ an OTL tube h/p/a, is a joy to listen with via Liquid Platinum (fortified with external linear power supply and Valvo E88CCs):894823F3-C95C-4BA8-AB6D-6B5845A9E82D.jpeg
Beautiful! How are you liking your VC and VO?

Dec 17, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #11,329 of 12,524
Anyone have any thoughts/experience pairing VC with Burson Soloist 3X GT?

Dec 17, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #11,330 of 12,524
I am
Anyone have any thoughts/experience pairing VC with Burson Soloist 3X GT?
I am currently using it with Soloist 3XP and it drives it with super easy, I have to figure out how to calm the treble little bit but it could be me, because I am a planer guy.
But detail retrieval is awesome, 3D sound is really somehting I have not heard before so it's new experience for me, Midrange is fantastic as well. I think Burons 3X GT will be great pairing.

Dec 17, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #11,331 of 12,524
I am

I am currently using it with Soloist 3XP and it drives it with super easy, I have to figure out how to calm the treble little bit but it could be me, because I am a planer guy.
But detail retrieval is awesome, 3D sound is really somehting I have not heard before so it's new experience for me, Midrange is fantastic as well. I think Burons 3X GT will be great pairing.
Thanks dude. I am hopeful treble should be OK for me given I use the Universe lambskin pads and they tend to have more relaxed treble

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #11,332 of 12,524
I am

Hi, use which pad and what is your current dac?

Dec 17, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #11,333 of 12,524
Beautiful! How are you liking your VC and VO?
I love the VC: very detailed but musical, natural, transporting. The VO has yet to arrive from the ZMF NOV/2022.

Dec 17, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #11,334 of 12,524
Sweet. I'm curious - how does the sound of the VC differs on the Liquid Platinum vs. an OTL? I own the VC and use it with my amps (Woo WA-23, Ferrum Oor & iFi Diablo). All of which sound great, but none of which are OTLs.
To me, on Woo Audio WA2 and Woo Audio WA3 - both OTL tube h/p/a - VC blossoms (occupies sonic space) a little more than with LP. I surmise that the higher output impedance of the two OTL Woos, combined with the nominal 300 ohm input impedance of the VC, leads to a lower ‘damping factor’ (load impedance divided by source impedance). I feel that this prevents the VC drivers from being ‘throttled’ thereby allowing for their ‘release’. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dec 17, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #11,335 of 12,524
Hi, use which pad and what is your current dac?
My DAC is Topping D90 with AK 4499 chips, I got the VC today it came with 4 different pads and have no clue which pads are what, the default pad which are on are leather with ring is suede and inner layer leather. I will try to find more info on pads, apologies for my ignorance.
I also tried with my RU6 dongle and was pleasantly surprise it could drive VC with ease and have much wider sound and treble is perfect but I miss now some bass impact may be I should try to get high power Cayin DAP with r2r card. Any other suggestions are welcome, these are my first ZMF headphones :smiley:

Dec 17, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #11,336 of 12,524
To me, on Woo Audio WA2 and Woo Audio WA3 - both OTL tube h/p/a - VC blossoms (occupies sonic space) a little more than with LP. I surmise that the higher output impedance of the two OTL Woos, combined with the nominal 300 ohm input impedance of the VC, leads to a lower ‘damping factor’ (load impedance divided by source impedance). I feel that this prevents the VC drivers from being ‘throttled’ thereby allowing for their ‘release’. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Cool. I appreciate your well written response - thank you! Interestingly, I'm finding only a little bit of a difference between the low and high impedance settings on my WA-23 with both the Atrium and VC vs. my other headphones (all planars). There seems to be a much bigger difference and need to match the planar headphones' ohm rating with its respective impedance setting on the amp vs. the dynamics on this amp.

Dec 17, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #11,337 of 12,524
Cool. I appreciate your well written response - thank you! Interestingly, I'm finding only a little bit of a difference between the low and high impedance settings on my WA-23 with both the Atrium and VC vs. my other headphones (all planars). There seems to be a much bigger difference and need to match the planar headphones' ohm rating with its respective impedance setting on the amp vs. the dynamics on this amp.
I wouldn’t look for / expect huge differences in low / high impedance settings. I think that the differences are noticeable - most appreciably when listening to the same music at length on low impedance setting, then on high impedance setting.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #11,338 of 12,524
I wouldn’t look for / expect huge differences in low / high impedance settings. I think that the differences are noticeable - most appreciably when listening to the same music at length on low impedance setting / on high impedance setting.
Agree with that but only with the ZMF dynamic driver headphones. The difference is indeed a lot bigger with the planars I've got (LCD2, LCD3, LCD4 and Susvara) in my experience. The sound goes from being pretty open on low impedance to sounding more compressed and in your face on high impedance (this is particularly most obvious with Susvara).

Dec 17, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #11,339 of 12,524
Agree with that but only with the ZMF dynamic driver headphones. The difference is indeed a lot bigger with the planars I've got (LCD2, LCD3, LCD4 and Susvara) in my experience. The sound goes from being pretty open on low impedance to sounding more compressed and in your face on high impedance (this is particularly most obvious with Susvara).
This would be true with most planars as their input impedance is low and mostly linear. However, the LCD-4 has a nominal input impedance of 200 ohms. I have run this enjoyably off Woo WA2 and Woo WA3. Here, I used Tung Sol 5998 / Cetron 7236 as the power tubes since their gain is higher than that of 6080 tubes.

Dec 17, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #11,340 of 12,524
This would be true with most planars as their input impedance is low and mostly linear. However, the LCD-4 has a nominal input impedance of 200 ohms. I have run this enjoyably off Woo WA2 and Woo WA3. Here, I used Tung Sol 5998 / Cetron 7236 as the power tubes since their gain is higher than that of 6080 tubes.
Nice! Good to know you've enjoyed it off those. And indeed, I notice that high/low impedance difference less on the LCD-4s than the other planars I mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back