ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Nov 13, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #11,194 of 12,597
Notice most folks here want to wait for the closed variants of ZMF. Is this because they are better or is it for your situation needs as you need to block out noise. I just bought my first ZMF veritie and only went closed as I heard they were slightly better especially with SS amp (never had closed backs before). Will soon find out as I should have time for a listen tonight when I get home.

Nov 13, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #11,195 of 12,597
Notice most folks here want to wait for the closed variants of ZMF. Is this because they are better or is it for your situation needs as you need to block out noise. I just bought my first ZMF veritie and only went closed as I heard they were slightly better especially with SS amp (never had closed backs before). Will soon find out as I should have time for a listen tonight when I get home.
What people won’t say (but is probably true), is that the closed versions look better. People like aesthetically pleasing things, and the closed backs simply look better. I’m sure that’s not the only reason, but I think it factors in.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 3:37 AM Post #11,196 of 12,597
Congratulations! What amp will you be using your Verité Closed with?

Nov 13, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #11,197 of 12,597
First and foremost, I go for the closed variants as it better suits my living situation. I have several roommates and I don't like hearing them while I listen. A plus for me is I am a big fan of wood grain and as @Ciggavelli also mentioned the closed backs look better too.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #11,198 of 12,597
What people won’t say (but is probably true), is that the closed versions look better. People like aesthetically pleasing things, and the closed backs simply look better. I’m sure that’s not the only reason, but I think it factors in.
Really? I find that difficult to believe. The closed versions look plain, the open versions look beautiful with the ornate metalwork. Subjective obviously. Of course how they sound should be a far higher priority than how they look, but I completely understand that when paying north of £2,000 for a pair of headphones one may wish to have their cake and eat it!

Nov 13, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #11,199 of 12,597
Really? I find that difficult to believe. The closed versions look plain, the open versions look beautiful with the ornate metalwork. Subjective obviously. Of course how they sound should be a far higher priority than how they look, but I completely understand that when paying north of £2,000 for a pair of headphones one may wish to have their cake and eat it!
More wood grain to see on closedbacks and many of us are all about the wood. :wink:

My 2 pairs below. :grin:

11263233.jpg

Screenshot_20210314-085342_Chrome.jpg

That being said, I am sure the use case comes first for most regardless.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #11,200 of 12,597
More wood to see on closedbacks and many of us are all about the wood. :wink: That being said, I am sure the sonics come first regardless.

And that's good too :)

I am curious about the resin headphones ZMF make. I wonder if the resin imparts different sonic characteristics in comparison to the wood. Does anyone know?

P.S. Loving the Sonnet chain. I am a Metrum guy myself: Ambre, Adagio and Forte. Cees is a wizard :)

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #11,201 of 12,597
More wood grain to see on closedbacks and many of us are all about the wood. :wink:

My 2 pairs below. :grin:

11263233.jpg
Screenshot_20210314-085342_Chrome.jpg

That being said, I am sure the use case comes first for most regardless.

What is the wood on your VC please? I do like that. The top pair are too dark for my taste. I am looking forward to see what ZMF release in VC next week. I really want a pair to provide a quiet listening option at home. My wife often comments that she can hear my music on my Arya Stealth.

Nov 13, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #11,202 of 12,597
What is the wood on your VC please? I do like that. The top pair are too dark for my taste. I am looking forward to see what ZMF release in VC next week. I really want a pair to provide a quiet listening option at home. My wife often comments that she can hear my music on my Arya Stealth.
My VC's are Ambrosia Maple and they are actually a "November Rarity" from ZMF November the year before last. There was only a few of these made and I have actually never seen another pair in the wild.

20221002_064913.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #11,204 of 12,597
I completely agree sound matters more than looks. That's why I never bought ZMF before. Thought it would be more style the substance.
When I started to look for one that's when I wanted one of the nicer woods, couldn't wait for the right one so got monkey pod for the now see how things go.

Nov 13, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #11,205 of 12,597
My VC's are Ambrosia Maple and they are actually a "November Rarity" from ZMF November the year before last. There was only a few of these made and I have actually never seen another pair in the wild.

20221002_064913.jpg

Yes, a beautiful pair of headphones. Let's see what ZMF offer for VC this time around; poised and ready :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back