ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Nov 21, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #8,446 of 12,524
Welp, I was able to snag a B-stock camphor burl Verite Closed this AM. Fingers crossed the magic is there for me fellas!

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #8,448 of 12,524
I would be interested in a recommended SS amp/dac for the VC as well. Based on a users' previous comments on the difference between SS and Tube with this headphone and my current listening preferences I have a feeling SS will be the right path for me. Anything folks recommend in ~$1k ballpark?

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #8,449 of 12,524
Welp, I was able to snag a B-stock camphor burl Verite Closed this AM. Fingers crossed the magic is there for me fellas!

Congrats!!! I was able to grab a B Stock Aeolus Mango this morning. Can't wait to listen to them along with the VC's I recently was able to get from the September Stabilized Batch!

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #8,450 of 12,524
Congratulations to this mornings buyers. I just bought a whole bunch of pads, bags, straps & accessories. I’ll hold off to see if my dream blue stabilized Aeolus shows up in the next round in a week.

I did buy Aeolus pads in both the solid and perf just in case.

Great sales on all the pads and accessories this year. Awesome that Zach has all of this included this year.

Happy ZMF November friends. Feels like a true celebration this year with Zach releasing the YouTube videos as well.

Nov 21, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #8,451 of 12,524
I'm highly comtemplating buying a Stabalized Verite Closed from the site.........to beautiful.

If any of you were to own only one type of Verite, would you stick with Closed or Open?

Do you think the extra sound isolation is worth the weight?

Nov 21, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #8,452 of 12,524
Is your set fully burned in? Also what DAC and tube amp are you using?

Matrix Sabre pro dac and sw51+
Have you tried tube rolling? Not all tubes are created equally (by a long shot) and not all god tier tubes sound good in all amps and on all headphones.
System synergy is king here.

I would be interested in a recommended SS amp/dac for the VC as well. Based on a users' previous comments on the difference between SS and Tube with this headphone and my current listening preferences I have a feeling SS will be the right path for me. Anything folks recommend in ~$1k ballpark?
Not all OTL amps have high impedance output. For example my GOTL is 36 ohms and depending upon tubes can be even lower. Granted that is high vs. a solid state amp, but not all OTLs round off the transient speed of the Be drivers.
I'm highly comtemplating buying a Stabalized Verite Closed from the site.........to beautiful.

If any of you were to own only one type of Verite, would you stick with Closed or Open?

Do you think the extra sound isolation is worth the weight?
The VC offers a more intimate sound and better dynamics
The VO offers more air and wider staging ( by a bit)

I would choose based upon what genres of music you listen to most frequently

Nov 21, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #8,453 of 12,524
^^ I'm totally down to try out a tube amp vs. SS as well. I guess I'm trying to see if there is a DAC/AMP combo in the $1k-$1.5k range that folks feel is a good pairing for the VC's. Right now I'm just rocking a modi/magni stack which I feel like is not gonna do these headphones justice at all.

Nov 21, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #8,454 of 12,524
Just copped a Stabilized Verite Closed, can't wait!

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #8,455 of 12,524
I have not tried tube rolling since the tubes that are stock are considered most neutral by many who have tube rolled. I was hoping for the most neutral sound when I got it but I think I need a more sharper sound. Hard to beat the look and feel of a verite closed I really hate to give it up.

Nov 21, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #8,456 of 12,524
I have not tried tube rolling since the tubes that are stock are considered most neutral by many who have tube rolled. I was hoping for the most neutral sound when I got it but I think I need a more sharper sound. Hard to beat the look and feel of a verite closed I really hate to give it up.

I don't own the VC's, so take this with a grain of salt, but if you don't like the headphones at "neutral" wouldn't you want to try tubes and/or cables/EQ to get the type of sound you're after?

Nov 21, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #8,458 of 12,524
Not sure what path changes the sound to what I want. Seems like I want less warmth above all. Whatever gives me most clarity. I don’t have any experience with eq.
Can you tell us what tubes you currently have, and what pads you have?
As a side note, I believe your amp is a SET design as opposed to OTL?

Nov 21, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #8,460 of 12,524
I think it’s otl. I have autuer solid, be2 in suede and solid, and universe solid. Says the stock tubes are 6Z51P
According to a website that one cannot mention on Head-Fi, it is described as a "simple SET" design.
Regarding the tubes,can you let us know the brand of tubes you have? The JJ's I believe are stock?

Regarding the pads, I prefer the auteur non-perf lambskin. My system leans warm, and the Auteur pads add enough sparkle to the top end for me. Perhaps @zach915m can make a pad suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back