ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 23, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #7,847 of 12,522
Has anyone used Silver plated or pure silver cable with verite closed ? What is it like ?
I have a verite silver hybrid cable. It's pretty good. It's actually super light weight and very flexible, had no memory. It's also very beautiful. It sounds like a well made cable.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #7,848 of 12,522
I have a verite silver hybrid cable. It's pretty good. It's actually super light weight and very flexible, had no memory. It's also very beautiful. It sounds like a week made cable.
Sorry “week made cable” ? So it doesn’t sound good? I was expecting to inject some airyness to VC by using silver cable. What is the main difference you found with copper cable in sound quality?

Sep 23, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #7,849 of 12,522
Has anyone used Silver plated or pure silver cable with verite closed ? What is it like ?

I have pure silver cable from Norne. It doesn't affect the sound. Please watch cable review in my signature.

Sep 23, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #7,850 of 12,522
Sorry “week made cable” ? So it doesn’t sound good? I was expecting to inject some airyness to VC by using silver cable. What is the main difference you found with copper cable in sound quality?
Hey I am having the same thought - will be interested to find out as well on the silver cable effect on VC although few actually mentioned the effect of different type of cables is less pronounced on VC compared to other cans.

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #7,851 of 12,522
Sorry that was autocorrect. I meant "well made cable". I did an ab test with the ZMF of cable. They sound the same, it's mostly just just aesthetics. As long as te cable is well made it sound sound the same. Most of the way people describe the sound changing are directly affected by the way the metal appears. Though it is possible the capacitance and inductance could maybe slightly possibly affect the sound, that would be affected more by how the cable is made i.e. beading vs twisting, rather than the material.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #7,852 of 12,522
Sorry that was autocorrect. I meant "well made cable". I did an ab test with the ZMF of cable. They sound the same, it's mostly just just aesthetics. As long as te cable is well made it sound sound the same. Most of the way people describe the sound changing are directly affected by the way the metal appears. Though it is possible the capacitance and inductance could maybe slightly possibly affect the sound, that would be affected more by how the cable is made i.e. beading vs twisting, rather than the material.
Thanks for that. I am using BE2 pads for VC and yet still feel like there is slight lack of airyness in VC. Does anyone feel this way? Is there any other closed back which has that airy quality, dynamics, slam and great resolution?

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #7,853 of 12,522
Thanks for that. I am using BE2 pads for VC and yet still feel like there is slight lack of airyness in VC. Does anyone feel this way? Is there any other closed back which has that airy quality, dynamics, slam and great resolution?
You should try the hybrid auteur solid lamb pads.

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #7,855 of 12,522
Thanks. Does that make it more airy?
I have not tried the BE pads but I do have the auteur hybrid (vs the auteur lambskin and universe hybrid), the auteur hybrid does come in 'cleaner' and thus you hear slightly better separation and each instruments / vocals are more defined and well imaged / staged. Not sure if it adds to the 'airy-ness' feels. It does not slam as hard as the universe hybrid but I guess it balanced out in other aspects.

Sep 24, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #7,857 of 12,522
Haha, it's hard to hide I'm huge fan of DT with my nickname :wink:

I agree with you about Metropolis Pt.1. A Change Of Seasons is also one of my favorite DT songs. I hope the new album will be good, but I'm a bit disappointed by the first 2 singles.
This is as good as it gets with DT these days, I think. But it's a major step up from the days of The Astonishing.

Sep 24, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #7,859 of 12,522
I tried Auteur Solid / Auteur Hybrid / Universe Solid / Verite BE2, and although Universe Solid is less bright, unfortunately I like Auteur Hybrid the most. Problem is... the mid-high still annoys me. Now the headphone has around 115-120 Hrs and this issue doesn't seem to subside. Believe it or not... my Utopia with Dana Reference has less fatiguing mid-high than the VC! It's "NOT" unbearable, but this freq sticks out so much that it ruins my listening enjoyment (may be it's just me).

I know many people said headphones cable doesn't make any difference and AudioScienceReview even measured this, but for me, it's not the case at all... I tried the VC with my Cardas Clear SE (copper), and immediately, the mid-high is tamed down, but the Cardas Clear cannot compete in all other areas against my Lavri Silver Grand XLR. As I heard some praise of WyWires Platinum (copper-based), I will order it soon and see if it helps.

If WyWires doesn't help, it's a good time to sell my VC Stab and re-purchase the VO (I had VO Silkwood and loved it with my Lavri cable). I "upgrade" (can we say upgrade?) to VC merely for the look. Hopefully Zach releases VO Stab soon! I'd be first in line!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #7,860 of 12,522
I "upgrade" (can we say upgrade?) to VC merely for the look. Hopefully Zach releases VO Stab soon! I'd be first in line!

Probably it is really down to different preference, just like how I tried out the VO and find that it is not my cup of tea. I wouldn't put either one on top of another (VC and VO) and they should be in the same tier, just that it is interesting how a closed and open can using same driver can sound so much different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back