ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 8, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #421 of 12,513
Thanks!

Also, that’s why I am sitting here today listening to Alphaville - Forever Young
:o2smile:
I'm old enough to remember when the 1973 Dylan song "Forever Young" was new, not to mention Rod Stewart's...enjoy!

Sep 8, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #422 of 12,513
For anyone considering these and wondering about isolation. I literally could barely hear anything when my wife was checking them out. I had the volume on the plus side or normal,and on familar track I couldnt even make out a familiar note or voice. Virtually silent.

Sep 8, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #423 of 12,513
For anyone considering these and wondering about isolation. I literally could barely hear anything when my wife was checking them out. I had the volume on the plus side or normal,and on familar track I couldnt even make out a familiar note or voice. Virtually silent.

Good news! My partner hates it when i listen to my open-backs :jecklinsmile:

Sep 8, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #424 of 12,513

The thing is the VO are for an open backed design pretty isolated too, especially compared to my HEK's, which are like wearing ear speakers. I guess the question is: Do you want relatively quiet or almost dead silent headphones?

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #425 of 12,513
Anyone tried these with the Chord Mojo? Or even the open variant as they are almost identical in sensitivity. I will most likely be using the VC with a Mojo as my holiday setup but I will have to invest in a beefier amp if it isn't powerful enough...

Sep 9, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #426 of 12,513
Anyone tried these with the Chord Mojo? Or even the open variant as they are almost identical in sensitivity. I will most likely be using the VC with a Mojo as my holiday setup but I will have to invest in a beefier amp if it isn't powerful enough...
A couple of people have previously said that the VC’s can be driven well just by daps. I imagine you wont have a problem with the mojo

Sep 9, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #427 of 12,513

Hi Monster!, how about the other way around?
like if other people can hear what you are listening to. Thx

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #428 of 12,513
Many thanks to Monsterzero and Darthpool for the very comprehensive descriptions of VC and comparisons to VO. I had decided to go for a VO but reading your comments I've decided to switch to a VC. Closed HPs are more convenient for me, as I tend to use them in places with other people, both at home and at work. And I generally like better the more full-bodied sound of closed HPs, even if it comes at the cost of a less wide soundstage.

Due to my location I mostly need to buy HPs without auditioning them, and for this HF is an invaluable resource. This is especially true for niche and new HPs, as the ZMF (and the Vérité in particular).

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #429 of 12,513
Sep 9, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #430 of 12,513
Due to my location I mostly need to buy HPs without auditioning them
Sure it must be really hard to find headphones to demo "somewhere".
[jk - sorry Admiral I couldn't resist]
Totally agree about the forums being an invaluable resource. Once you find people whose sound preferences you can interpret, it gets easier to figure out what you'd personally like.
Of course I'm discovering that I pretty much like anything ZMF...

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #431 of 12,513
Sure it must be really hard to find headphones to demo "somewhere".
[jk - sorry Admiral I couldn't resist]
Hahaha good one!!! Unfortunately "my somewhere" is pretty short on hi-fi resources!!!

Of course I'm discovering that I pretty much like anything ZMF...
From all that I've read I'm betting on the same. Got an Aeolus on the way, and now hopefully a Vérité. Those two should give me a pretty broad sample of ZMF...

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #432 of 12,513
Hahaha good one!!! Unfortunately "my somewhere" is pretty short on hi-fi resources!!!

From all that I've read I'm betting on the same. Got an Aeolus on the way, and now hopefully a Vérité. Those two should give me a pretty broad sample of ZMF...
Congrats, I think you'll be pleased! I adore my Aeolus, and I've been itching for a Verite. I'm leaning towards an open, but this thread could definitely give me pause...

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #433 of 12,513
Hi Monster!, how about the other way around?
like if other people can hear what you are listening to. Thx
Thats what I meant. My wife had them on her head,with a pretty good amount of volume. My wife is a freak for The Who. She wanted to hear "Who Are You",a song we all know pretty well. Standing right next to her I couldnt ID any part of the song. I'd hear a note here or there,but nothing I couldnt fall asleep next to.

As far as hearing outside noise with these on while music is going at normal volume....no chance.

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #434 of 12,513
Sounds vastly better than my Beyerdynamic T5p Gen2 are and my Sony Z1R were.

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #435 of 12,513
Thats what I meant. My wife had them on her head,with a pretty good amount of volume. My wife is a freak for The Who. She wanted to hear "Who Are You",a song we all know pretty well. Standing right next to her I couldnt ID any part of the song. I'd hear a note here or there,but nothing I couldnt fall asleep next to.

As far as hearing outside noise with these on while music is going at normal volume....no chance.

At the risk of ruining any surprises in my video review,after my wife finished the first song,she took them off and asked "Can I hear another song"? Kinda like Folgers coffee,my wife never asks for a 2nd song. So I gave her a 2nd song. She then asked for a 3rd song!!!!
After the 3rd song she said "Thats the most exquisite sound Ive ever heard! It feels like im high!" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back