ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 6, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #2,671 of 12,586
Duly noted! I am still gonna be saving up to a Pendant. Based on everything I’ve read about the Pendant pairing with ZMFs, I am confident my already awesome music experiences are going to be even better!

If you get tired of saving up and waiting, the Feliks Echo is an excellent budget OTL tube amp. I just added one last week and I love it so far. I’ll caveat that by saying that I listen to mostly rock music (or acoustic rock or alt country or blue grass) and the punchiness of the Echo is a great compliment to that genre.

I haven’t heard the Pendant before so I can’t comment on that amp.

And my last caveat, the Echo sounds so good with my VC’s that it’s making me want a Glenn OTL. :)

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #2,672 of 12,586
If you get tired of saving up and waiting, the Feliks Echo is an excellent budget OTL tube amp. I just added one last week and I love it so far. I’ll caveat that by saying that I listen to mostly rock music (or acoustic rock or alt country or blue grass) and the punchlines of the Echo is a great compliment to that genre.

I haven’t heard the Pendant before so I can’t comment on that amp.

And my last caveat, the Echo sounds so good with my VC’s that it’s making me want a Glenn OTL. :)

glad to see this, would like to try a VO/C on my echo one day

aeolus sounds too "thick" for my preferences even with verite pads

May 6, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #2,673 of 12,586
glad to see this, would like to try a VO/C on my echo one day

aeolus sounds too "thick" for my preferences even with verite pads

I’m not familiar with the Aeolus but I’d say the Echo does give a little bit of body or thickness to my VCs, which is something I really like. Just a FYI and YMMV.

May 6, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #2,677 of 12,586
MDR7506 was the first can I spent any kind of real money on. Used to run it straight out of my MacBook and was very proud of my commitment to better sound quality! Turns out I had a lot to learn. Incidentally @zach915m has called the 7506 his favorite headphone. I mean it’s no seashell but it is a classic for a reason

May 6, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #2,678 of 12,586
About to make my own cans out of a coconut. It'll definitely be closed. Hopefully it'll have enough juice to quench my thirst.

May 6, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #2,679 of 12,586
MDR7506 was the first can I spent any kind of real money on. Used to run it straight out of my MacBook and was very proud of my commitment to better sound quality! Turns out I had a lot to learn. Incidentally @zach915m has called the 7506 his favorite headphone. I mean it’s no seashell but it is a classic for a reason

I used to steal the 7506 from my dad's sock drawer where he hid it all the time when I was a kid. I thought it couldn't get any better at the time!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 6, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #2,680 of 12,586
May 6, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #2,681 of 12,586
I used to steal the 7506 from my dad's sock drawer where he hid it all the time when I was a kid. I thought it couldn't get any better at the time!
Headphones stored in a sock drawer may be better for the "sole."

May 6, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #2,682 of 12,586
About to make my own cans out of a coconut. It'll definitely be closed. Hopefully it'll have enough juice to quench my thirst.
I have endless amounts of coconut husks where I live. I even find them opened and discarded along the road sometimes. Perhaps I can send some to Zach and he can make an LTD "rotting coconut husk" version. The sound would probably be thicker/more gooey, and as they ooze down your face into your mouth you'll get to enjoy the delicious rancid coconut flavor!

May 6, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #2,683 of 12,586
It´s easy to drive tho
Sure, but when you get there you find it's closed. At least where I live. But I guess some like the combination of easy drive and closed, the Final Hope VI for example.

May 6, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #2,684 of 12,586
I have nothing to add here other than that the Verite Closed are just so organically and holistically amazing. The most complete closed headphone I've ever owned. Getting lost in a current session.

There is a small chance I sale them in the short term as I don't have a need for a closed headphone and I'm looking to try anything and everything during the quarantine. I'm only mentioning that so I don't seem like a hypocrite within the next month or two lol. But to have them come quite close to my opinion of much more expensive cans that are OPEN.. pretty big deal. As I've said before, at their NEW price they are a bargain. And that's something I appreciate as most newer 'TOTL' headphones are $2-3k+ despite what they actually offer.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #2,685 of 12,586
I don't understand how anyone can bash on ZMF you get a headphone with replaceable parts and a freaking life time warranty on the driver

Not only that you can tune the sound via pads and enjoy your headphones in different ways.

And the icing on the cake is zmfs customer service.. To all of you verite closed owners I am so jealous of you guys. When this covid-19 stuff dies down I can't wait to save up my funds and purchase the verite closed.

These headphones are beautiful and its awesome to see the people on this thread helping others on ideas on how to make there new toy shine.

Fingers crossed that I can convince my wife to get these (I told her it's 2k and not $2500 lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back