ZMF Spring Limiteds, CanJam NYC and Estimated Release Schedule for Caldera Closed and BOKEH Open!
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #31 of 351
Can't wait for the CanJam people to give a little description of the sound of the CC. I love my Caldera Open and how the Bokeh is with Bass I hope this will be some kind of mixture between those.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #32 of 351
I hope this will be some kind of mixture between those
In one of the forums they wrote that it will be between AC and CO

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #33 of 351
The Subbass on the AC seems to be pretty insane I heard.. That in a Caldera would be pretty sick! :D

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #34 of 351
Hi, Zach.

I've been searching for a good tube amp for my 2 ZMF's (Aeolus and Auteur) at the moment. I know that the commercial version will be built by Cayin, but will it be sold by ZMF? If so, when will it be available, and at what price range? Like 6A price range? Sorry about asking this, but I currently have a Cayin 300B used in good shape for 3500€, but the ability of the Aegis to tube roll and its possibilites, and obviously sound quality, makes me wonder.

Thanks,
João

The list is going to be $3499 and there will be bundle discounts offered as well.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #35 of 351
The Subbass on the AC seems to be pretty insane I heard.. That in a Caldera would be pretty sick! :D
Yes, the bass is crazy. And I really like this. I think this will not harm the caldera either.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #36 of 351
Tentative Release Schedule for Spring and Summer:
MARCH 9th and 10th:
CanJam 2024 NYC - come check out the Caldera Closed and Bokeh Open as well as the ZMF Aegis Amplifier. All extremely exciting releases. We also will as usual have many LTD edition ZMFs for sale.

Read up on the Aegis DIY version made by @L0rdGwyn here. The version we are releasing is OEM'd for us by Cayin. It turned out great and we're very excited about it!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aegis-diy-tube-headphone-amplifier.965530/

Late March: BOKEH Closed ordering starts again. Another batch of 250 units. These will be natural figured Black Limba wood. Price will be $1099, we will have the new moulded cases available for add on with these as well and for sale to the first run owners.

Early to Mid April: Stabilized and Resin Drop for Various models.

AXPONA Audio Expo - April 12th-14th // Come see us at our local Audio Show in Schaumberg. What a time it will be! Likely will have Aegis amps available for sale by then as well.

Late April/May: Caldera Closed release. Enough said!

Mid to late summer: BOKEH Open Release.

That's all I got for now. See the youtube video for a few looks at the Caldera Closed and Bokeh open. Will be posting more info on these as well as pics as we finish the sets for CanJam.
Now that you're going into geometric shapes for headphones can i get a cup with this? :) love how the CC is looking! that thing is so unique with the triangle design.

1709307085371.png

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #37 of 351
I know they're not final yet, but I love the new Bokeh Open grille. And I'm fascinated by Caldera Closed. I'll need to work on my neck muscles for longer term sessions. :beyersmile:

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #38 of 351
No one has mentioned it here yet, but those Bokeh closed sitting on the little Cayin amp are beautiful. Is that the new stock "natural" look, or the LTD cherry run a while back? If not either, what are they??? Hot!

*** EDIT *** Now having watched the video, I see that those ARE the new natural finish Bokeh.

Screen Shot 2024-03-01 at 9.57.06 AM.png

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #39 of 351
No one has mentioned it here yet, but those Bokeh closed sitting on the little Cayin amp are beautiful. Is that from the LTD cherry run a while back? If not, what are they???

I think those may be the new alternative look for the Bokeh.

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #40 of 351
No one has mentioned it here yet, but those Bokeh closed sitting on the little Cayin amp are beautiful. Is that the new stock "natural" look, or the LTD cherry run a while back? If not either, what are they??? Hot!

Yeah Zach mentions in the video that's the look for the next 250 batch (dunno if it's 'stock' going forward) - I really dig the figuring, though prefer the stained colour of the first batch.

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #42 of 351
Mar 1, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #44 of 351
Caldera Closed, you say? And just when I thought I was done buying stuff…
I also think I’m done, after another purchase. And then Zach comes.......... :sleepy: :smile: :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back