ZMF Pendant by Ampsandsound; impressions, tube-rolling, and general discussions
Aug 22, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #2,311 of 2,607
Aug 22, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #2,312 of 2,607
ZMF Pendant SE is listed for sale. Someone’s in for a treat with the NOS tube selection (same tubes @Wes S provided when I purchased from him)

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/zmf-pendant-se-mint-condition-w-upgraded-tube-set.53018/
The only way to beat the Pendant is to move to 300B.

Oh, and I still have the Brimar CV4055 in. Don't miss the G73R at all. It's now paired with a beautiful set of Funkwerk EL84 thanks to @tholt.

I added an AmpsandSound XLR to RCA converter to the mix. I now go balance out of the Yggy to the magic black box as I call it, then RCA to Pendant. It's the best addition to my system I have made in a while. It sounds fantastic! Removed the low hum I used to hear between tracks, nice black background, smooth but detailed highs and adds a more holographic stage. I wasn't expecting much when I hooked it up, but ended up pleasantly surprised.

Now I'm also waiting for a lightly used Holo Spring 3 level 3KTE to arrive! I still need to find $ to pick through @shwnwllms tube stash!

Aug 22, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #2,313 of 2,607
Some tube love...
IMG_1406.jpeg

Aug 22, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #2,314 of 2,607
I added an AmpsandSound XLR to RCA converter to the mix. I now go balance out of the Yggy to the magic black box as I call it, then RCA to Pendant. It's the best addition to my system I have made in a while. It sounds fantastic! Removed the low hum I used to hear between tracks, nice black background, smooth but detailed highs and adds a more holographic stage. I wasn't expecting much when I hooked it up, but ended up pleasantly surprised.
Ah man, don't make me want more things! I've been wanting to use the balanced output on my Gumby with this amp, and I think it'll yield similar results. Where is 4LoveofBankAccounts? I feel like I really need his input right now :sweat_smile:

Aug 23, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #2,315 of 2,607
The only way to beat the Pendant is to move to 300B.
Truth
Oh, and I still have the Brimar CV4055 in. Don't miss the G73R at all. It's now paired with a beautiful set of Funkwerk EL84 thanks to @tholt.
Today I was running the Brimar Laboratory Sample 6060 triple mica black plate square getter (the one included with my Pendant SE). There was some serious magic there with the Funkwerk Erfurt EL84’s (also included in my listing)

Now I'm also waiting for a lightly used Holo Spring 3 level 3KTE to arrive! I still need to find $ to pick through @shwnwllms tube stash!
After your Spring burns in try the Pendant with and without the black box

Spring outputs higher than the Yggy and what you are likely hearing is the added input juice increasing the dynamic range

In other words you may not need it after you add the Spring (or it may be less of a difference with the Spring than the Yggy)

Also, congrats on the Spring. I knew I would wear you down eventually 😉

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #2,316 of 2,607
Truth

Today I was running the Brimar Laboratory Sample 6060 triple mica black plate square getter (the one included with my Pendant SE). There was some serious magic there with the Funkwerk Erfurt EL84’s (also included in my listing)

After your Spring burns in try the Pendant with and without the black box

Spring outputs higher than the Yggy and what you are likely hearing is the added input juice increasing the dynamic range

In other words you may not need it after you add the Spring (or it may be less of a difference with the Spring than the Yggy)

Also, congrats on the Spring. I knew I would wear you down eventually 😉
You did wear me down. I sold my Rogue and Auteurs for the Spring so I have high expectations.

It is notorious that the Yggy sounds much better with the balanced XLR out than single ended RCA. It’s not as dramatic with the LIM than it was with A1, but still there. If I don’t need the black box with the Spring, I’ll give you a good deal on it @haasaaroni.

Aug 23, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #2,317 of 2,607
Most of the tubes I’m planning on selling are spoken for at this point (the bulk of my collection are input tubes which I plan on using with the Agartha 2021 so those aren’t up for grabs at this point)

I do however want to give this community a chance to grab a handful of sought after EL84s before I post them for sale in the next couple of days. If you are interested in any of the following please PM me

Tungsram EL84 Welded Plate Foil Disc Getter 1958

RFT EL84 Welded Plate Foil Disc Getter

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #2,318 of 2,607
I don’t think these are going to fit 🤪

IMG_3818.jpeg

Aug 24, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #2,320 of 2,607
I was quite taken with the Pendant......then the Bigger Ben........now Envy w/ Elrog ER, MO and TM 300B. I know A&S now has 300B amps and I considered the Red October and Nautilus but the footprint was too big for the table where I listen.
My Agartha 2021 (300B) will be here tomorrow. It’s the same footprint as Bigger Ben

Aug 24, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #2,322 of 2,607
Aug 24, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #2,324 of 2,607
My Agartha 2021 (300B) will be here tomorrow. It’s the same footprint as Bigger Ben
Heck yeah! Elrog's and the Agartha should be quite the experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back