ZMF Pendant by Ampsandsound; impressions, tube-rolling, and general discussions
Jul 12, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #1,546 of 2,619
I don't have bat ears and I know I need BIG, not subtle, differences for me to actually hear and get excited. I am surprised that there is a 30 return policy but still not gonna go down that rabbit hole for $300.
That's 2/3 of a G-73R and my old ears could hear that!!!

Jul 12, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #1,547 of 2,619
Order has been placed for an SR Purple fuse. Shipped today. 30-day return policy, so I may return it for the M1. I will be most interested to see what Wesley has to say about the M1. The M1 has an 8-14 day manufacture/wait time. This will be my first time trying a fuse upgrade, and my anticipation prevented me from waiting for the M1. Fun times ahead for me, too. :grin: Impressions pending.
I'm intrigued. Who gives a 30 day return policy?

Jul 12, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #1,548 of 2,619
VH Audio states that.

Jul 13, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #1,551 of 2,619
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #1,552 of 2,619
I don't have bat ears and I know I need BIG, not subtle, differences for me to actually hear and get excited. I am surprised that there is a 30 return policy but still not gonna go down that rabbit hole for $300.
That's 2/3 of a G-73R and my old ears could hear that!!!
If you can hear what the G73R can do, you would appreciate the fuse as well. They both influence the sound in a similar way, as in an obvious improvement in all areas.

Just to clarify - The 30 day satisfaction guarantee return policy is only for the SR Purple at $200, and the fuse I went with (Audio Magic M1 - $300) is made to order and does not come with the 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

I think for those on the fence the SR Purple is definitely the way to go, and for those like myself that already know how transformative a good fuse is, then go with the M1 if you want to go straight to the top.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #1,553 of 2,619
Order has been placed for an SR Purple fuse. Shipped today. 30-day return policy, so I may return it for the M1. I will be most interested to see what Wesley has to say about the M1. The M1 has an 8-14 day manufacture/wait time. This will be my first time trying a fuse upgrade, and my anticipation prevented me from waiting for the M1. Fun times ahead for me, too. :grin: Impressions pending.
Nice! I have a good feeling we are both going to be extremely satisfied. I think you would have to hear the 2 fuses back to back to actual hear which one you prefer over the other. My dealer, Alfred at Highend Electronics, told me most are preferring the M1 over the Purple. He also said, the Purple is said to bit a bit more dynamic and the M1 is said to be more balanced and organic sounding.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but it looks like many that had the Purple do prefer the M1 in this thread below. Of note, start reading at page 174, and the interesting thing is that the M1 completely took over this thread dedicated to the Purple.

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/purple-fuse-upgrade/27647/174

After reading that thread and based off what my dealer said, I just had to go for the M1 or I would always be wondering how much better it could get if I went with the Purple. Audio Magic and Synergistic Research seem to be in this never ending battle for the "best" fuse and they have been trading blows over the years by one upping each other back and forth, and it seems Audio Magic just might be on top at the moment. . .either way I know you are going to love that Purple fuse.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #1,554 of 2,619
…whatever the fuse colour, as long as AM and SR keep ‘black & bluing’ each other, that is to our benefit…😜

Jul 15, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #1,555 of 2,619
New member of the G73R club. Bought from Brent Jessee, he had one available. Arrived yesterday, so burn-in is still in process. What little hours on it sound promising

PXL_20220715_151750842.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20220715_153039758.PORTRAIT.jpg

Jul 17, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #1,556 of 2,619
Synergistic Research PURPLE Quantum Fuse.jpg

The Synergistic Energy PURPLE Quantum fuse arrived. Without hesitation, I placed it in the fuse holder and fired up the trusty Pendant SE to warm up. After an hour and ½, I donned my gorgeous ZMF LTD Ironwood Vérité OB, loaded my “Headphones” playlist and proceeded to analyze for discernible improvements.

Well, that didn’t take long. Initially, changes seemed subtle. But, with further listening and increased burn in, instrument imaging, vocals and bass became more distinct, articulate and defined, and now, obviously evident sound quality refinement. Overall, system sounds fantastic. No regrets here. Now I’m considering upgrading my DAC fuse. Closer to endgame. Now for some Telefunken G73-Rs (which are on their way in the mail).

Jul 18, 2022 at 4:42 AM Post #1,557 of 2,619

The Synergistic Energy PURPLE Quantum fuse arrived. Without hesitation, I placed it in the fuse holder and fired up the trusty Pendant SE to warm up. After an hour and ½, I donned my gorgeous ZMF LTD Ironwood Vérité OB, loaded my “Headphones” playlist and proceeded to analyze for discernible improvements.

Well, that didn’t take long. Initially, changes seemed subtle. But, with further listening and increased burn in, instrument imaging, vocals and bass became more distinct, articulate and defined, and now, obviously evident sound quality refinement. Overall, system sounds fantastic. No regrets here. Now I’m considering upgrading my DAC fuse. Closer to endgame. Now for some Telefunken G73-Rs (which are on their way in the mail).
Yeah buddy! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the G73R.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #1,558 of 2,619
Look what showed up ealry! :smiley: Just installed it and it's burning in as I type this. I did have a quick listen and let's just say I think this one is definitely legit.

More to come on the changes to the sound after the recommended 125 hours of burn in. . .

20220719_132020.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back