ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship
Apr 18, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #1,156 of 2,544
He sends you a link to it when you order a set, but I'm not sure it's meant for Joe Q Public.  I'll PM you.

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #1,158 of 2,544
Axphona?  Is that some sort of guitar meet?  As a guitar-fi kinda guy I'd be interested to see what magic axes Zach makes.  

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #1,159 of 2,544
  Axphona?  Is that some sort of guitar meet?  As a guitar-fi kinda guy I'd be interested to see what magic axes Zach makes.  

AXPONA is an audio show in Chicago.

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #1,160 of 2,544
  Zach, you okay man?  Hopefully you're enjoying a restful vacation, but I noticed the production spreadsheet hadn't been updated in a week and no new posts in a while.  Hope all is well.

I'm back I'm back!!! I'm alive!

Anyways, yes , Axpona was this weekend and all my time was dedicated to the show thursday through sunday.  Production is continuing to day per usual.  A number of sets going out later this week.

If you ordered in the last couple of days you'll be hearing from me today.  If you have earpad or t50 orders they'll go out today.

I will be at the St Louis Head-Fi show coming up at the end of the month and the Portland Oregon Head-Fi meet I am hosting is May 7th!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 18, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #1,161 of 2,544
Wow you get around! Continued success! I love my Omni's btw
gs1000.gif
Does not matter what wood! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #1,163 of 2,544

I'm back I'm back!!! I'm alive!

Anyways, yes , Axpona was this weekend and all my time was dedicated to the show thursday through sunday.  Production is continuing to day per usual.  A number of sets going out later this week.

If you ordered in the last couple of days you'll be hearing from me today.  If you have earpad or t50 orders they'll go out today.

I will be at the St Louis Head-Fi show coming up at the end of the month and the Portland Oregon Head-Fi meet I am hosting is May 7th!

Oh Portland, have a Voodoo donut for me.... :)

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #1,165 of 2,544
Been listening to my new Gungnir all day (USB version 2, delta-sigma) and I am just so impressed with how resolving it has made my cherry Omni sound. The powerful and highly analytical sound has really transformed my listening experience from fun to fun + resolution. This is far beyond anything I have heard before.

This just makes me more excited for my Liquid Carbon on the way. Just using a Magni 2 at the moment. I'll post impressions here once I have my final setup. 

P.S.: the air around acoustic guitars that I enjoy so much in the Omni has been doubled at least. So bloody lifelike.

Apr 22, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #1,166 of 2,544
  Been listening to my new Gungnir all day (USB version 2, delta-sigma) and I am just so impressed with how resolving it has made my cherry Omni sound. The powerful and highly analytical sound has really transformed my listening experience from fun to fun + resolution. This is far beyond anything I have heard before.

This just makes me more excited for my Liquid Carbon on the way. Just using a Magni 2 at the moment. I'll post impressions here once I have my final setup. 

P.S.: the air around acoustic guitars that I enjoy so much in the Omni has been doubled at least. So bloody lifelike.

I will be interested in your Omni/Liquid Carbon impressions.  I plan to eventually use the same combo.  But first I need a new DAC...

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #1,168 of 2,544
  Hi all :)
how are you ?
Please help, what better version for ZMF Omni for Soundstage and BASS ?
Wood Choice: Cherry or Blackwood or other ?

1. Blackwood:  Smooth.  Quick/fast transients.  A dark resolving sound with OOMPH.  Most sub-woofer effect of the three, with great detail retrieval and very "black" background.
  2. Walnut:   Most neutral presentation.  Has much of the speed/depth/extension of the Blackwood and the soundstage/openness of the Cherry.  Has good speed but also a touch of decay.
  3. Cherry:  Romantic and resolving presentation.  Greater decay than Walnut or Blackwood, but with lifelike instrument timbre, especially for acoustic instruments.  A touch of bloom and warmth for that "je ne sais qois" that you need in your life.  Still fast, still deep. LARGEST soundstage due to slightly slower decay.
  4. Padauk: A hard wood, but with LARGE pores that give this wood a good solid foundation, with natural decay and very good sense of space.  A "do it all" wood that doesn't disappoint, with classy, bold looks to boot.
  5. Bocote:  Close to Blackwood with a touch of decay added and beautiful detailed yet easy going mids.  Bocote has a very nice oomph that is super natural because of the added wood pore size over blackwood.   Very resolving and musical.

From the ZMF website.

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #1,169 of 2,544

1. Blackwood:  Smooth.  Quick/fast transients.  A dark resolving sound with OOMPH.  Most sub-woofer effect of the three, with great detail retrieval and very "black" background.
  2. Walnut:   Most neutral presentation.  Has much of the speed/depth/extension of the Blackwood and the soundstage/openness of the Cherry.  Has good speed but also a touch of decay.
  3. Cherry:  Romantic and resolving presentation.  Greater decay than Walnut or Blackwood, but with lifelike instrument timbre, especially for acoustic instruments.  A touch of bloom and warmth for that "je ne sais qois" that you need in your life.  Still fast, still deep. LARGEST soundstage due to slightly slower decay.
  4. Padauk: A hard wood, but with LARGE pores that give this wood a good solid foundation, with natural decay and very good sense of space.  A "do it all" wood that doesn't disappoint, with classy, bold looks to boot.
  5. Bocote:  Close to Blackwood with a touch of decay added and beautiful detailed yet easy going mids.  Bocote has a very nice oomph that is super natural because of the added wood pore size over blackwood.   Very resolving and musical.

From the ZMF website.

Thanks for help ..
In my case why you chose?
I use 50% movies and 50% Music :/

plz help and sorry for my bad ENG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back