ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship
Apr 14, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #1,141 of 2,544

FIXED!!!!!!!

And yeah, this is Pterocarpus soyauxii not Pterocarpus macrocarpus, which is the Burmese kind.  I'm gonna do some looking around and see if I can find some though, would be fun to have Omni's in both varieties.

Zach,

You need to make the ear cups interchangeable. Then we can have what ever cup we feel like and not have to buy new phones. :)

-Jeff

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #1,143 of 2,544
Zach,

You need to make the ear cups interchangeable. Then we can have what ever cup we feel like and not have to buy new phones. :)

-Jeff

I think he mentioned that being a difficult task in itself, in its current form. It costs the same to change cups over than it does to upgrade from the ZMF Blackwood to the Omni.

I personally wouldn't mind an interchanging system - but given how reliant the drivers are to being etched into the earcups I think it might lead to instability in the positioning and sound.

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #1,145 of 2,544
I'd rebuy an omni if that was possible.

Apr 14, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #1,147 of 2,544

That would be dope but imagine,

All of the fixing Zach would have to do when we mess em up, and all of the mis-tuned models floating around in the aftermarket. I would love to be able to swap out my cups but in the end this way is best. 

I am really glad though that ZMF is on the market. Where else do you have so many options that all sound good? To top it off, unlike some other vendors he is a humble dude. 

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #1,148 of 2,544
I really need to stay away from this thread because Zach keeps showing us good ****. If I didn't just order the Cocobolo I would definitely be going for the Padauk. I mean, they all look so good how do you choose?

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #1,149 of 2,544
  I really need to stay away from this thread because Zach keeps showing us good ****. If I didn't just order the Cocobolo I would definitely be going for the Padauk. I mean, they all look so good how do you choose?

I have the cherry but I would have gone for the cocobolo if it were an option available to me, so in my eyes you chose correctly.

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #1,150 of 2,544
yeah cocobolo is dope but that padauk is gonna sell like hot cakes. These look darker than below in the house w/o direct light. under lighting they glow. 

side by side I don't know which one I will pick. If I were rich and frivolous I would have both. I wonder the differences in sound.
PADAUK                                                                           my COCOBOLO (I think they are tinted reddish)

Apr 14, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #1,151 of 2,544
yeah cocobolo is dope but that padauk is gonna sell like hot cakes. These look darker than below in the house w/o direct light. under lighting they glow. 

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

side by side I don't know which one I will pick. If I were rich and frivolous I would have both. I wonder the differences in sound.
PADAUK                                                                           my COCOBOLO (I think they are tinted reddish)

I like them both...but I'm a little bias toward the Cocobolo. Still waiting for mine. I do have a pair of blackwoods in Zebrawood that are to die for....

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #1,154 of 2,544
Zach, you okay man?  Hopefully you're enjoying a restful vacation, but I noticed the production spreadsheet hadn't been updated in a week and no new posts in a while.  Hope all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back