ZMF November // 2023 // MEGATHREAD!
Feb 12, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #2,356 of 2,414
Caldera and Atrium Closed are two of the absolute best headphones ever made. Fight me.

Been going back and forth all day between the two, and I can't decide which one is my favorite.

Atrium is like a warm hug from a best friend. It's just lovely.

Caldera is like...... just right in every way. Doesn't lack anything.

Feb 12, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #2,357 of 2,414
Caldera and Atrium Closed are two of the absolute best headphones ever made. Fight me.

Been going back and forth all day between the two, and I can't decide which one is my favorite.

You got nuthin on my face woofers! Bring it!

1707777452800.png

Feb 12, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #2,358 of 2,414

I feel exactly the same way about Caldera & Utopia. Choosing between them would be like Sophie's Choice.

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #2,359 of 2,414
I feel exactly the same way about Caldera & Utopia. Choosing between them would be like Sophie's Choice.
Utopia is a very, very good headphone. The only thing I don't like about it is that it can be a bit intense. Because of its ability to render extreme amounts of detail, it can be a hard headphone to do other things at the same time with, like work lol.

Susvara has the same levels of detail, maybe even more, but the way it presents the sound is a bit more delicate than Utopia.

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #2,360 of 2,414
You got nuthin on my face woofers! Bring it!

Someone needs to mass produce this, audiophiles would finally get the respect they deserve 😂

Feb 14, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #2,361 of 2,414
My AC came in today (Altin), these resonated with me because they reminded me of mountains and when they came I love how the light reflects as you change the angle. Also really like the bottom but they are the toughest to photograph I did my best while I was able to keep them off my head.

Overall on the sound I feel like these are still settling in and I'm getting used to them but I really love the bass and midrange and they really do complement the caldera well. The midrange is I think the part that seems to be settling in the most but it's becoming a real strength of these and it has a really great sound with acoustic music. Still really early for sound impressions but I'm really impressed with them already. I haven't started pad rolling I usually just get used to the stock pads for a while. So far some of my favorite songs have been NIN La Mer and I'm really enjoying Bonobo Animals and Tycho Easy, really the full albums sounded nice but those songs stood out. I feel like that was the best I've heard La Mer and I've listened to that song a lot but I really enjoy NIN in general through these.

1707948902059.png

12295292.png

1707949053753.png
1707949080213.png

Attachments

• 1707948916609.png
    1707948916609.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 14, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #2,362 of 2,414
My AC came in today (Altin), these resonated with me because they reminded me of mountains and when they came I love how the light reflects as you change the angle. Also really like the bottom but they are the toughest to photograph I did my best while I was able to keep them off my head.

Overall on the sound I feel like these are still settling in and I'm getting used to them but I really love the bass and midrange and they really do complement the caldera well. The midrange is I think the part that seems to be settling in the most but it's becoming a real strength of these and it has a really great sound with acoustic music. Still really early for sound impressions but I'm really impressed with them already. I haven't started pad rolling I usually just get used to the stock pads for a while. So far some of my favorite songs have been NIN La Mer and I'm really enjoying Bonobo Animals and Tycho Easy, really the full albums sounded nice but those songs stood out. I feel like that was the best I've heard La Mer and I've listened to that song a lot but I really enjoy NIN in general through these.

1707948902059.png
12295292.png

1707949053753.png1707949080213.png
Those look incredible!

Feb 14, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #2,363 of 2,414

12295292.png

Those AC's look phenomenal. The ridges on that wood are marvelous. Almost as if it was a living creature since the ridges form after the contour of the wood shape changes.

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #2,364 of 2,414
Utopia is a very, very good headphone. The only thing I don't like about it is that it can be a bit intense. Because of its ability to render extreme amounts of detail, it can be a hard headphone to do other things at the same time with, like work lol.

Susvara has the same levels of detail, maybe even more, but the way it presents the sound is a bit more delicate than Utopia.

Yeah, Utopia can be a bit "in your face", that's what I love about it. Caldera is my "slightly more relaxed" alternative. What can I say, I guess I like it rough. 🤷‍♂️:xf_wink:

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #2,365 of 2,414
I really enjoy NIN in general through these
Yes! I've been listening to NIN a lot more since I got my Calderas recently, too. Such a good match.

Really gorgeous :headphones: you've got there. Beauty in darkness. :wink:

Feb 15, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #2,366 of 2,414
Those look incredible!
Thanks I appreciate it!
Those AC's look phenomenal. The ridges on that wood are marvelous. Almost as if it was a living creature since the ridges form after the contour of the wood shape changes.
Thanks the edges where the cup changes shape weren't pictured too much when I purchased them but they are my favorite parts and you are right the edges look almost organic.
Yes! I've been listening to NIN a lot more since I got my Calderas recently, too. Such a good match.

Really gorgeous :headphones: you've got there. Beauty in darkness. :wink:

Thanks NIN sound great on ZMF in general they go together well and Caldera's are I think still my favorite HP the detail and speed on them while still having that musicality is special. I really enjoy NIN out of headphones though it seems to really scale with equipment. He records things well and then preserves the quality so while I hit the limit of a lot of recordings NIN just seems to keep sounding better as I go along.

Feb 16, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #2,367 of 2,414
Received both my atrium open and my atrium closed back!!
The atrium closed back did not come out exactly how I thought it would, but I understand the variations of the wood and color. They’re beautiful regardless. A picture for reference of the Paloma set, I’m sure lighting has a lot to do with that also but like I said, I’m extremely happy with both of them, I live very close to ZMF’s shop, so that could be dangerous. I will be at Axponia this year to look at some more.😝😎 I might have to round this set off with a Caldera!!

Attachments

• IMG_5441.jpeg
    IMG_5441.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5442.jpeg
    IMG_5442.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5443.jpeg
    IMG_5443.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5444.jpeg
    IMG_5444.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4978.jpeg
    IMG_4978.jpeg
    482.1 KB · Views: 0
Feb 16, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #2,368 of 2,414
The atrium closed back did not come out exactly how I thought it would, but I understand the variations of the wood and color. They’re beautiful regardless. A picture for reference of the Paloma set, I’m sure lighting has a lot to do with that also but like I said, I’m extremely happy with both of them, I live very close to ZMF’s shop, so that could be dangerous. I will be at Axponia this year to look at some more.😝😎 I might have to round this set off with a Caldera!!
Wow, those are lovely- congratulations! I’ll bet they sound amazing with the Holo. 👍

Feb 16, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #2,369 of 2,414
Yeah, doesn't look much like the picture (specific lighting, no doubt), but it's still gorgeous and matches your Atrium remarkably well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back