ZMF November // 2023 // MEGATHREAD!
Nov 28, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #1,321 of 2,414
I'm sure ZMF are busy. They probably sold around 200-300 headphones in the past month lol. Give them time.

And I say that being just as impatient as the rest of you 😂

They should do an ad campaign based around a "Got wood?" premise, and show images of the absolute best stabilized sets. Might do well.

Nov 28, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #1,322 of 2,414
I’ve had the pleasure of visiting the shop and getting a nice tour of their operations. I can vouch for not only how clean and organized a setup they have, but also they are an extremely focused group that is working their asses off lol. Rest assured they are operating at wonderful efficiency!

Nov 28, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #1,323 of 2,414
Checking empty mailbox like.....

rage-mad.gif

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #1,324 of 2,414
How many people figure out why their purchase was considered B-stock?

I haven’t gone obsessive and scrutinized every millimeter with a magnifying glass, but I’m also not sure I actually want to know. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for the discount. I’m just a little curious.

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #1,325 of 2,414
I haven’t gone obsessive and scrutinized every millimeter with a magnifying glass, but I’m also not sure I actually want to know. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for the discount. I’m just a little curious.
The master himself answered this question a few pages back.

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #1,326 of 2,414
I have noticed A-stock become B-stock if they don't sell during the seasonal drops so there likely some who's only flaws are nobody liked them enough to buy the first time around. I know that to be the case with some of the Macassar Ebony Atriums this November were offered at other times. I only keep track because the only ZMFs I buy are Macassar.

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #1,327 of 2,414
How many people figure out why their purchase was considered B-stock?

My particular B-stock AuC has unusual sap lines in the wood, so they were considered imperfect. I think it adds personality.

At CanJam, I was told that some of the A units brought to the show that go unsold would be listed as B-stock in November because they had been handled by people at the show, not that there is anything at all wrong with them.

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #1,328 of 2,414
I have noticed A-stock become B-stock if they don't sell during the seasonal drops so there likely some who's only flaws are nobody liked them enough to buy the first time around. I know that to be the case with some of the Macassar Ebony Atriums this November were offered at other times. I only keep track because the only ZMFs I buy are Macassar.
That those 2 Macassar Ebony Atriums are still up is crazy to me. Both are some of the best looking natural wood ones I've seen. Especially this one!
Atrium_BStock.jpg

Nov 28, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #1,329 of 2,414
I've been really enjoying the AC and mainly listening to that at the moment (honeymoon spell). But, I do listen to a lot of classical, jazz and and my preference is for the Elites for these genres (new angled pads). Acoustic music I can easily go with either depending on the tracks. With the Elites you get a lot better feel for large open soundstages and finer detail. If I listen to the Elites for a while and move back to the AC I can feel the smaller stage but that isn't to knock the AC, it still offers a big stage for a closed back and has lovely layering / imaging. Very holographic at times.

As has been mentioned, the sound is very organic and I like using the standard copper cable with the AC rather than the Lavricables Grand that I have for the Elites. The copper seems to provide a smoother, organic feel which seems to compliment the AC.

I use the AC for EDM, electronic and rock / pop when I want a sub bass hit. That said, I do like the Elites for these but if you're in the mood for extra weight, sub-bass for a change, the AC gets it. The Elites have a sense that they provide a faster response and while they don't have the same sub bass quantity, they do have a good quality tight bass.

Top and bottom of it, I think the AC work well with the Elites as they do provide contrasting styles and both excel in genres that the other doesn't while both being very good at the genres they don't excel at. I think over time it will become easier to know which to grab depending on mood and genre. Would I buy the AC again? Yes, without doubt. They pair wonderfully with the Aegis tube amp (as does the Elites). They scale very well. When I use the Mojo 2 with the AC it's not hard to notice what I'm missing out on compared to the Aegis etc. The Elites perform better with the Mojo 2 I feel but if you need isolation, the AC still do well with the Mojo. Hope this helps a little, if you have any specific questions just pm me 👍🏻
I have a Olivewood AC and I can listen to pretty much anything on it. There really isn't anything it isn't good with, other than maybe very fast and aggressive metal.

Nov 28, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #1,330 of 2,414
That those 2 Macassar Ebony Atriums are still up is crazy to me. Both are some of the best looking natural wood ones I've seen. Especially this one!
I almost bought the other Macassar, but instead bought a stabilized AO. I figured I needed to add a stabilized ZMF to my collection. I also needed an AO without all the lushness of the softer woods, which I don't typically like. Stabilized has the incisiveness and quick decay of the hard woods but the weight of a soft wood.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #1,332 of 2,414
When I ordered my VO ~3 years ago, it shipped like 2 days later. I always assumed someone else had ordered the same config and then canceled their order so I got it right away. Not so lucky this time, but I keep reminding myself good things come to those who wait. :wink:

Nov 28, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #1,333 of 2,414
Per FedEx, my VC’s are on the way. No delivery date yet. Would like to see that Shipping Dept with all the elves working to get all the orders out correctly.

I also bought a Woo Audio WA2 with upgraded tubes (thanks @MFranzen ). Now I can see/hear what all the hype is about OTL amps.

Christmas will be early for me!
My bubble got busted. The delivery notice I got from FedEx was for another package. Will go back to back to my regular schedule.

Nov 28, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #1,334 of 2,414
My bubble got busted. The delivery notice I got from FedEx was for another package. Will go back to back to my regular schedule.
That happened to me earlier this week. Got a random notification of a package from FedEx that I wasn't expecting and assumed it was my Caldera. Turns out my mom had sent me a random thanksgiving gift. lol Dammit, Mom! :wink:

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #1,335 of 2,414
The Bocote have landed! They look just as good in person as they did on the website. Hopefully my phone pic can do them justice.
PXL_20231128_225405731.PORTRAIT.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back