ZMF November // 2023 // MEGATHREAD!
Nov 24, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #1,096 of 2,414
Also snagged a purple set for the collection 😁💜

Atrium_StabilizedShopify30_1080x (1).jpg
Wow, the sapphire blue in these is mesmerizing and the purple , the PURPLE! just wow

Is the grill actual 14k gold? I haven't noticed till now ;0

Nov 24, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #1,099 of 2,414
Thanks!! I've been eyeing the resin models for two years now, had to try my luck with this one since its soooooo gorgeous !

This Marks my second pair of ZMFs and hopefully is the last haha, unless maybe a Caldera, but I tend to steer away from planars. I haven't owned much high end headphones, but the only Planar that I own, which is an Audeze hurts my ears eventually, with the pressure build up.
Caldera doesn't really sound like a planar. Takes the best of each and combines it into one.

Nov 24, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #1,100 of 2,414
Chuckle chuckle, you’ll be back 😈
I'm sure haha!

I don't have any local vendors to test headphones out, so earlier this year I flew out to another country to test the Eikons and ended up with the Auteur Classics. (loved the eikon, but the pad holes were too small for my liking)

Since I loved the Eikons, I had to have the Atriums Closed. Bit hesitant since I've never heard them, but I'm sure they're gonna be amazing!

Nov 24, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #1,101 of 2,414
Congrats to all who got their top choices!

I had the AC Confection in my cart but was too slow. My wallet can breath a sigh of relief…until CanJam NYC haha.

Nov 24, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #1,102 of 2,414
Caldera doesn't really sound like a planar. Takes the best of each and combines it into one.
Does it have any pressure ? I don't know how to explain it, but with Audeze, its almost like your under water, having pressure build up. That's my only scare with planars, which could be totally wrong and it only happens with Audeze.

Nov 24, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #1,103 of 2,414
I'm sure haha!

I don't have any local vendors to test headphones out, so earlier this year I flew out to another country to test the Eikons and ended up with the Auteur Classics. (loved the eikon, but the pad holes were too small for my liking)

Since I loved the Eikons, I had to have the Atriums Closed. Bit hesitant since I've never heard them, but I'm sure they're gonna be amazing!
Heard the closed version earlier this year and it was love at first sight, I doubt you’ll be disappointed!

Nov 24, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #1,104 of 2,414
Does it have any pressure ? I don't know how to explain it, but with Audeze, its almost like your under water, having pressure build up. That's my only scare with planars, which could be totally wrong and it only happens with Audeze.
I had the exact same issue with Audeze LCD-2's and had to sell them as a result. I've never experienced that pressure sensation with any other planar headphone thankfully.

Nov 24, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #1,105 of 2,414
Now I am wondering if I should have gone with the Ambrosia maple. The contrast between the light wood and black hardware is so eye catching

1700841593860.png

And it was somehow cheaper! Someone really should snatch it up, its really gorgeous...

Nov 24, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #1,106 of 2,414
Congrats to those purchasing today. There's some incredible units available.

On a side note if anyone is looking to offload their coffee gold Caldera give me a PM.

Nov 24, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #1,107 of 2,414
Now I am wondering if I should have gone with the Ambrosia maple. The contrast between the light wood and black hardware is so eye catching

1700841593860.png

And it was somehow cheaper! Someone really should snatch it up, its really gorgeous...
I love my ambrosia maple auteurs, but I think you made the right choice - the ironwood caldera looked choice :ok_hand:

Nov 24, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #1,108 of 2,414
To whomever got the VERGLAS - I think you purchased one of the most beautiful headphones this planet has ever seen :)

The drops keep getting better and better - you're a generational artist Sir @zach915m

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 24, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #1,110 of 2,414
I had the exact same issue with Audeze LCD-2's and had to sell them as a result. I've never experienced that pressure sensation with any other planar headphone thankfully.
Oh wow, I own the LCD-2Cs, that's good to know, thanks!

So maybe another ZMF set is in near future haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back