ZMF November // 2023 // MEGATHREAD!
Jan 29, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #2,251 of 2,414
The right side of that AC looks INSANE. What is the black? Is it burned wood with resin in front?
If there ever is a model in that style again I need to have it.
Not sure exactly if it's burned wood, but I know the black part is resin. I love the maroon/orange color mix of the wood with the resin. The resin parts looks like you're looking into a supernova exploding. Between that and the wood - 👌

Jan 29, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #2,252 of 2,414
We are all living vicariously through you and your incredible ZMF collection. Thanks for the great shots!
😊
🤜🤛
😅😅 I just like their headphones. "Burning" in Solar as we speak lol. Takes them about 2 weeks to fully start sounding their best.

Looking forward to spring and summer releases.

Starting to run out of room. 😬

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #2,253 of 2,414
😅😅 I just like their headphones. "Burning" in Solar as we speak lol. Takes them about 2 weeks to fully start sounding their best.

Looking forward to spring and summer releases.

Starting to run out of room. 😬
.... you need another atrium for your house !! 🤣

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #2,254 of 2,414
Jan 29, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #2,255 of 2,414
I think that @OnlySoMany needs a different nom de plume:

@NeverTooMany 🤣🤣👍

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #2,256 of 2,414
I still haven’t decided on a DAC upgrade and I can’t seem to find any TT2’s in my budget. Does anyone have a recommendation for a really good DAC that pairs well with VC and AC for under $3k? Sorry for asking again

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:58 PM Post #2,257 of 2,414

Few sets arrived today. 😁

I'm going to name the one Solar, and the other Oblivion.

Better pictures to come soon.

That middle one looks like scene from a “trip” I took recently. Mesmerizing. @_@

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #2,258 of 2,414
I still haven’t decided on a DAC upgrade and I can’t seem to find any TT2’s in my budget. Does anyone have a recommendation for a really good DAC that pairs well with VC and AC for under $3k? Sorry for asking again
I stand by my Schiit Gungnir MB and Yggdrasil (pick your flavor, OG Analog 2 version seems to be the most ZMF-like in tonality). When folks who really know their Schiit like Robert Harley and other bigwigs swear by the Yggdrasil as top-notch, I do wonder about further, more sizable expenses.

If I had more hifi/head-fi dedicated cash and didn’t risk (understandably) annoying my spouse, I’d be sorely tempted to spend $1,500-1800 on a used OG Analog 2 Yggdrasil. But I realize how good my Gungnir is and how silly it is to spend more in my case. 😝

Same with Sonnet- everything I’ve read about the Morpheus leads me to think it would be an excellent fit with ZMFs.

And, while I know it’s below your budget- and it’s also either a hair lower in resolution than the Yggdrasil, potentially- but I’ll admit this looks like a steal:

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650058313-ps-audio-perfectwave-directstream-jr/

The seller looks legit, but it’s a real bargain so I’d ask for proof of ownership etc. It caused me to consider buying it and selling my Gungnir…

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #2,259 of 2,414
Hello,
I would go for R2R Dacs especially if you want something more analogue Gustard R26 and Holo Audio cyan 2 would be a good choice to stay in budget.
Maybe the unknown Merason Frerot.
It would also be good to find a Lampazitor Amber 3, which is always available at a good price.

Jan 30, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #2,260 of 2,414
Wandla seem like a super competitive offering, rivalling things like May and Wavelight for “only” 3k.

Jan 30, 2024 at 4:50 AM Post #2,261 of 2,414
Hello,
I would go for R2R Dacs especially if you want something more analogue Gustard R26 and Holo Audio cyan 2 would be a good choice to stay in budget.
Maybe the unknown Merason Frerot.
It would also be good to find a Lampazitor Amber 3, which is always available at a good price.
If I’m going to go for a Holo, it would be the Spring 3 KTE, which goes slightly out of my budget but 🤷‍♂️. But then again I’m not sure how much of a difference the transformer and capacitor upgrades actually make so going for an L2 to save some bucks may not be that bad of an idea

Jan 30, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #2,262 of 2,414
Wandla seem like a super competitive offering, rivalling things like May and Wavelight for “only” 3k.
I guess the question is rivaling them in terms of what? Detail retrieval? Sense of space? Timing?

I want to get a super holographic sound and I’m not sure if ESS chips can do it as well as other implementations.

Jan 30, 2024 at 5:20 AM Post #2,263 of 2,414
I guess the question is rivaling them in terms of what? Detail retrieval? Sense of space? Timing?

I want to get a super holographic sound and I’m not sure if ESS chips can do it as well as other implementations.
Wandla was tuned and designed basically copying sound signature of Holo May. I haven’t heard it yet, but will be comparing both units in a couple of weeks. Expecting May to have a slight edge in overall stage space, but according to the early reviews, both are close and Wandla comes with some great hqplayer oversampling filters, while May on its own is pretty much NOS only, since the provided OS options are rather bad.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #2,264 of 2,414
Not exactly related to ZMF, but I did receive the headphone stands that were recommend by another member on here. It was from a shop in Ukraine, Borykworkshop on Etsy.

Bad pics, but you get the idea. Work is incredibly solid, very high quality.

Thank you for the recommendation!

1000025518.jpg

1000025519.jpg

1000025520.jpg

1000025521.jpg

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #2,265 of 2,414
Dam
Not exactly related to ZMF, but I did receive the headphone stands that were recommend by another member on here. It was from a shop in Ukraine, Borykworkshop on Etsy.

Bad pics, but you get the idea. Work is incredibly solid, very high quality.

Thank you for the recommendation!

1000025518.jpg

1000025519.jpg

1000025520.jpg

1000025521.jpg
Damn is an AC? Is it burl or stabilized? If Burl thats prolly the best looking one I seen so far. Stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back