ZMF November // 2023 // MEGATHREAD!
Dec 23, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #1,906 of 2,414
For me the purposed custom shop is not about the ones the got away but the ones that haven't been born yet. This market caters to a certain crowd and with it come certain limitations on what design aesthetic has potential to sell. For example, I kept my eye on a certain unit with a pink theme, curious as to how long it would take to sell: predictably it was one of the last units to sell. A custom shop would be a vehicle for what otherwise would be commercially unviable designs. My personal designs are in Procreate ready to be realized. Let's go!

For me the purposed custom shop is not about the ones the got away but the ones that haven't been born yet. This market caters to a certain crowd and with it come certain limitations on what design aesthetic has potential to sell. For example, I kept my eye on a certain unit with a pink theme, curious as to how long it would take to sell: predictably it was one of the last units to sell. A custom shop would be a vehicle for what otherwise would be commercially unviable designs. My personal designs are in Procreate ready to be realized. Let's go!
Surely it's for whatever people are willing to pay for?

Dec 23, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #1,907 of 2,414
Havn't participated on a forum in years and been lurking. Created an account as I jump down the rabbit whole that is ZMF. Super excited as these came in today, first of many more to come.

They look crazy in person, pictures don't do them justice. Great work over at ZMF!

Parden the amateur photo time, it's a bit overcast on the east coast today.

1NNiOEy.jpg

hKC1PZs.jpg

AytRGuv.jpg

Dec 23, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #1,908 of 2,414
Havn't participated on a forum in years and been lurking. Created an account as I jump down the rabbit whole that is ZMF. Super excited as these came in today, first of many more to come.

They look crazy in person, pictures don't do them justice. Great work over at ZMF!

1NNiOEy.jpg

hKC1PZs.jpg

AytRGuv.jpg
Those look awesome! Is that white gold or gunmetal grilles?

Dec 23, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #1,910 of 2,414

1NNiOEy.jpg

hKC1PZs.jpg

AytRGuv.jpg
Welcome to the club!

Dec 23, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #1,911 of 2,414
They are the gunmetal grilles. Its these for reference.

J47Ua3y.jpg
Hey congrats I remember spraying that set! We're going to be doing a lot more with gunmetal in 2024.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Dec 23, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #1,913 of 2,414

1NNiOEy.jpg

hKC1PZs.jpg

AytRGuv.jpg
ah so these are where the landfalls I had in my cart finally ended up 🤣

Dec 23, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #1,914 of 2,414
Hey congrats I remember spraying that set! We're going to be doing a lot more with gunmetal in 2024.
You did a great job on these! Super looking forward to what you and the team are brewing. Was interested how the gunmetal would look in person since the initial photos made it look dark due to how reflective they are compared to the matte looking gunmetal of the rods. Can definitely confirm and recommend it's use, pictures don't do it justice.

ah so these are where the landfalls I had in my cart finally ended up 🤣
Blame zach915m. Making one of a kind works of art, breaking the hearts of many :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #1,915 of 2,414

1NNiOEy.jpg

hKC1PZs.jpg

AytRGuv.jpg
Beautiful headphones! And one of my favorite amps lurking in the background :spy: , a great pairing.

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #1,916 of 2,414
IMG_0990.jpg

So I've never really considered my ears detailed enough to tell the difference between cables but this ZMF November I ended up buying a B-Stock Atmos cable since I thought it would at least look nice and be a lot more pliable. I've had the stock ZMF OFC cable for a bit and while it sounded perfectly fine, the cable sleeve is very stiff.

Truthfully I was pretty disappointed with the cable I received. The right headphone Mini-XLR jack had a loose clip and could be pulled out without depressing the button. Knowing it was a B-Stock unit I wasn't sure if ZMF would replace it but I shot their team an email and they sent me another cable no questions asked. This was a (welcoming) shock as I've seen people buy $3779 + shipping cables with the same defect and keep it.

Unfortunately the replacement cable also had an issue as the right Mini-XLR jack again had an issue, this time the contact would break whenever the wire was bent. I hadn't even shipped the first cable back so I talked with the ZMF team and they agreed to take both back.

At this point they said that they would either send another Atmos cable or something made of a different type of wiring. Upon further discussion they told me that they were planning to update the current OFC cable, and they were willing to send me a pre-production model for my troubles.

I hesitate to write too detailed a review of them since I can't hear any differences, but in terms of build I love them a lot more than the current OFC cable ZMF currently offers. They're a lot more pliable and look very cool coming from my Kenzie to my Stabilized Atticus.

And above all else, I'm just blown away by the customer service from ZMF.

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #1,917 of 2,414
Zach and team are true artists! Here are a few sets received recently. Happy Christmas eve everyone!

1000025067.jpg

1000025068.jpg

1000025069.jpg

1000025072.jpg

1000025073.jpg

Dec 24, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #1,918 of 2,414
Zach and team are true artists! Here are a few sets received recently. Happy Christmas eve everyone!

Gorgeous you just made my day better than how stressful and scary it has been already.

Dec 24, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #1,919 of 2,414

1000025067.jpg

1000025068.jpg

1000025069.jpg

1000025072.jpg

1000025073.jpg
Wow. That green set looks amazing! Love the different layers of green 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back