ZMF Headphone Cable Poll - What do you use?

ZMF Headphone Cable - What do you use?

• ZMF Stock

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • ZMF OFC (Stock Upgrade)

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • ZMF 2K Copper

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • ZMF Lektrik C

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • ZMF Lektrik S

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • 3rd Party Copper - Please Name

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • 3rd Party Silver - Please Name

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • ZMF Verite Silver

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
Feb 2, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #16 of 58
I use Forza Audioworks Noir HPC for my Aeolus, Auteur, and Verite. It's flexible, soft, well-made, and looks great. Matt at FAW is one of the most responsive and kind vendors I've seen in this industry. I have two cables, one for work and one for home. Highly recommended.

Feb 2, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #17 of 58
LQi cable. Great sound, not too expensive and it comes sleeved. I don't like the exposed bare wire look. There's less strain relief and more microphonic noise when there's no sleeve.

May 31, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #18 of 58
2k Copper - very sweet, agile, good attack and fun sounding bass.
the stock OFC - Cable too slow and dark veiled for me.
Anyone have compared 2k Copper with Verite Silver Cable?

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #21 of 58
Forza Noir HPC mK-2 a pure copper cable and Norne Draug pure copper one I use with my ZMF

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #23 of 58
• Forza Audio Works Noir Hybrid (TRS, XLR)
• Norne Audio Vykari (TRS)
• Norne Audio Vygarde (TRS, XLR)

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #24 of 58
Audiophile Ninja - Good construction, but nothing exotic. I'm just not ready to commit to high end boutique cables yet, especially when I need a 12-15' length. Those get pricey quick. I wanted a dedicated cable instead of having to contend with the extra connection of an extension. I do use a short pigtail to go from XLR to 1/4" for my SE amp though.

Jun 2, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #25 of 58
Auteur Classics with the Forza Audio Noire Hybrid cable (silver and copper hybrid design, not silver-plated copper). I find it strikes a really nice balance between warmth and resolution. Soft, sleek, a little understated, I just love it.

My Aeolus (currently on my head) is wearing the ZMF OFC cable for that awesome bass slam and texture :sunglasses:

IMG_7375.jpeg

Jun 2, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #26 of 58
Atrium with a stock Audeze cable. The stock ZMF OFC cable is a bit too stiff for me. I'll likely get a ZMF 2K copper cable at some point.

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #29 of 58
Lektric C (Unsleeved) right now. Superb cable in every way. Looks great with Coffee Gold connectors, and it feels amazing.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #30 of 58
I’m using a 2K Copper with my Auteur and Verite Silver with my Meze Elite. Both cables look and sound great with their respective headphones. Before I got the Verite Silver, I used to swap the 2K Copper cable between both headphones, but I was always worried I’d wear out the connectors over time. I know this is an exceedingly expensive solution, but we’re all a little crazy here, so I don’t feel too bad about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back