ZMF Headphone Cable Poll - What do you use?

ZMF Headphone Cable - What do you use?

• ZMF Stock

Votes: 27 19.3%
  • ZMF OFC (Stock Upgrade)

Votes: 37 26.4%
  • ZMF 2K Copper

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • ZMF Lektrik C

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • ZMF Lektrik S

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • 3rd Party Copper - Please Name

Votes: 37 26.4%
  • 3rd Party Silver - Please Name

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • ZMF Verite Silver

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
Oct 3, 2023 at 12:19 AM Post #31 of 60
Verite silver does great on Caldera, Atrium, and 2k copper does great on Verite, and Auteur.

Nov 8, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #32 of 60
Question for the group: I have The ZMF Vèritè Closed (African Darkwood) and am looking to potentially upgrade my cable>
Amp input would be a 4.4mm balanced into a N30LE. Here are the choices I've narrowed things down to:

Arctic Cables Talos V2 - Grand Series(Pure Copper)
Forza Noir Hybrid HPC(Copper/Silver)
Forza Noir HPC Mk2(Pure Copper)

Meze Copper PCUHD Premium Cable (Pure Copper)

Choice(s) and why would be appreciated.

Nov 8, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #33 of 60
Question for the group: I have The ZMF Vèritè Closed (African Darkwood) and am looking to potentially upgrade my cable>
Amp input would be a 4.4mm balanced into a N30LE. Here are the choices I've narrowed things down to:

Arctic Cables Talos V2 - Grand Series(Pure Copper)
Forza Noir Hybrid HPC(Copper/Silver)
Forza Noir HPC Mk2(Pure Copper)

Meze Copper PCUHD Premium Cable (Pure Copper)

Choice(s) and why would be appreciated.
ZMF 2k copper is slightly softer and robust.

ZMF Verite silver is faster, energetic, and precise.

No one can tell you what to use, it's really based on your preferences.

I prefer the silver cables on more bassy headphones to tweak up the treble slightly.

I prefer copper on headphones that need a little treble trimming, or sets that sound a bit hot.

Nov 8, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #34 of 60
ZMF 2k copper is slightly softer and robust.

ZMF Verite silver is faster, energetic, and precise.

No one can tell you what to use, it's really based on your preferences.

I prefer the silver cables on more bassy headphones to tweak up the treble slightly.

I prefer copper on headphones that need a little treble trimming, or sets that sound a bit hot.
Thanks. A "consensus" is what I'm seeking here and maybe, just maybe, someone has had experience with one or more of these selected cables and their VCs. Agree with the copper vs. silver. I'm curious about the "hybrid" application and what that could do?

Nov 8, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #35 of 60
The Verite Silver cable is a hybrid cable. It has silver and copper, though the name would make you think it has only silver.

I own the 2K Copper and Verite Silver cable and have used both with the VC. It may be in my head, but I do get the impression that the Verite Silver cable is a little more detailed sounding. Both are very well made and nice to look at. I personally feel amps, DACs, and pads all play a larger role than cables in how a headphone sounds. I never get a cable hoping for a big change in sound.

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #36 of 60
The Verite Silver cable is a hybrid cable. It has silver and copper, though the name would make you think it has only silver.

I own the 2K Copper and Verite Silver cable and have used both with the VC. It may be in my head, but I do get the impression that the Verite Silver cable is a little more detailed sounding. Both are very well made and nice to look at. I personally feel amps, DACs, and pads all play a larger role than cables in how a headphone sounds. I never get a cable hoping for a big change in sound.
Thanks... and Yes, I agree, Those elements do make the bigger difference. I am looking for something a bit elevated over the stock cable. Funny, I considered the ZMF 2K and they say it is like 3-4 week delivery ??
Seems a bit nutty to me but hey, maybe they are slammed? I have a sliver/copper mix cable on my Z1Rs and after a rather lengthy burn in, I can totally tell a difference in details (Micro & macro) and the bass is still very much there but tamed just enough so there is no bleed anywhere else. it actually made a TON of sense!.

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #37 of 60
I recommend keeping an eye on the Classifieds. I almost always buy my nice cables used, or they have come bundled with headphones I purchased used.

Dec 26, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #39 of 60
I recently received the Auteur Classic. I purchased a Custom Cans Litz copper cable as I have them on my other headphones. 4 pin XLR end, and choose from a nice variety of colors. Got purple for these. For the money (about $100) they’re really well made and a good value. Always opens up the sound and adds a little more clarity.
IMG_3389.jpeg
For about $100 you can’t go wrong

Dec 26, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #40 of 60
I recently received the Auteur Classic. I purchased a Custom Cans Litz copper cable as I have them on my other headphones. 4 pin XLR end, and choose from a nice variety of colors. Got purple for these. For the money (about $100) they’re really well made and a good value. Always opens up the sound and adds a little more clarity.IMG_3389.jpegFor about $100 you can’t go wrong
Looks awesome, and that grain on the ambrosia maple is something special!

Dec 26, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #41 of 60
Looks awesome, and that grain on the ambrosia maple is something special!
The grain is cool thanks. I got it at the November B stock sale. Looks like first quality to me.

Jan 4, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #43 of 60
I currently use one of either of the following cables:

Plussound X8 SPC
Meze Silver PCUHD

Both are silver plated copper and work well with all of my ZMF's. I'd add a Lektrik C or Lektrik S if I could find one at 6ft on the second hand market for a good price.

Jan 28, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #44 of 60
I am currently using Zmf's Grand Silver Palladium cable with Caldera.
I also got Noir Hybrid HPC from Forza Audioworks and a pure copper from Cable Corpse.
Didn't have the time to test the last two with the caldera yet, as I am trying to burning the zmf cable.
Will post impressions when I get the time.
For now very happy with Grand Silver palladium. At the beginning the caldera was a bit spicy in upper treable, specially some cymbals. Right now its taming down with headphones/cable burning.

Jan 28, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #45 of 60
I am currently using Zmf's Grand Silver Palladium cable with Caldera.
I also got Noir Hybrid HPC from Forza Audioworks and a pure copper from Cable Corpse.
Didn't have the time to test the last two with the caldera yet, as I am trying to burning the zmf cable.
Will post impressions when I get the time.
For now very happy with Grand Silver palladium. At the beginning the caldera was a bit spicy in upper treable, specially some cymbals. Right now its taming down with headphones/cable burning.
Yes… would love to hear your impressions on all mentioned cables once burned in. Thanx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back