ZMF Headphone Cable Poll - What do you use?

ZMF Headphone Cable - What do you use?

• ZMF Stock

Votes: 27 19.3%
  • ZMF OFC (Stock Upgrade)

Votes: 37 26.4%
  • ZMF 2K Copper

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • ZMF Lektrik C

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • ZMF Lektrik S

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • 3rd Party Copper - Please Name

Votes: 37 26.4%
  • 3rd Party Silver - Please Name

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • ZMF Verite Silver

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
Jan 28, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #46 of 60
I've been using the FAW Noir Hybrid with my Atticus and the VO I've been demoing (should soon be purchasing my own VO!) I'm happy with the Noir except that it's a bit heavy, particularly the splitter that often gets caught on the edge of my desk. I've been looking at some other hybrid cables, namely:

ZMF Verite Silver
ZMF Grand Palladium
Norne Vygarde 2
Arctic Cables Vector

For anyone who has a Noir Hybrid and any of these others (hopefully you don't mind the call-out but if I'm not mistaken @jonathan c you have the Noir and Vygarde and @Honeypot you have the Noir and the Grand Palladium?) I'd appreciate any comparisons as far as how soft/flexible these cables are compared to the Noir, and also whether you feel the sonic differences are discernible, and if so, which you prefer. Appreciate any input!

Jan 28, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #47 of 60
I've been using the FAW Noir Hybrid with my Atticus and the VO I've been demoing (should soon be purchasing my own VO!) I'm happy with the Noir except that it's a bit heavy, particularly the splitter that often gets caught on the edge of my desk. I've been looking at some other hybrid cables, namely:

ZMF Verite Silver
ZMF Grand Palladium
Norne Vygarde 2
Arctic Cables Vector

For anyone who has a Noir Hybrid and any of these others (hopefully you don't mind the call-out but if I'm not mistaken @jonathan c you have the Noir and Vygarde and @Honeypot you have the Noir and the Grand Palladium?) I'd appreciate any comparisons as far as how soft/flexible these cables are compared to the Noir, and also whether you feel the sonic differences are discernible, and if so, which you prefer. Appreciate any input!
FAW Noir Hybrid, Norne Vygarde (and Norne Vykari) are equally flexible in my opinion. As for sound, they are all excellent. I enjoy 'rolling' their use across ZMFs. One note: I listen in a well-worn high-back easy chair - not at a desk.

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #48 of 60

ZMF Verite Silver
ZMF Grand Palladium
Norne Vygarde 2
Arctic Cables Vector

Hello @dbull12 yes I do own both FAW Noir Hybrid and Grand Silver palladium.
Regardless sonic performance, I haven't had the time to test. And I would like a/b them. Also got a pure copper cable all XLR.
Regarding the soft/flexible. The FAW is more flexible, less weight, more comfortable after all. The FAW is covered in cloth, and some people have complained transmitting noise to their earcups. Not my case. But sometimes it can stuck in your clothes depending on what you wearing.
The GSP is heavier, not so flexible, but no cloth. So no issues with that. Also the GSP looks gorgeous.
I have plans to test sonic differences, but with my limited time, I can't tell you when I will be able.

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #49 of 60
Hello @dbull12 yes I do own both FAW Noir Hybrid and Grand Silver palladium.
Regardless sonic performance, I haven't had the time to test. And I would like a/b them. Also got a pure copper cable all XLR.
Regarding the soft/flexible. The FAW is more flexible, less weight, more comfortable after all. The FAW is covered in cloth, and some people have complained transmitting noise to their earcups. Not my case. But sometimes it can stuck in your clothes depending on what you wearing.
The GSP is heavier, not so flexible, but no cloth. So no issues with that. Also the GSP looks gorgeous.
I have plans to test sonic differences, but with my limited time, I can't tell you when I will be able.
I've also been looking for some comparisons with the Grand Palladium Silver. Keep almost pulling the trigger on it because I know it will be amazing. I use a WyWire Platinum right now that I absolutely love.

Mar 12, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #50 of 60
Sometimes I use this 15’ extension cord from Amazon with my Atriums so I can sit across the room on the couch. Am I doing it wrong? 😂

https://a.co/d/hvAKlgs

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #52 of 60
For me, It came down to 2 cables and I landed on the Eletech Inferno!
This cable is WAAAAY more than I thought it would/could ever be.
It's insane copper ecstasy! Burned in for roughly 150-175 hours and never looked back.
Use it for both my VCs & AO! (Swapping with my Arctic Talos V2, which is fantastic as well)
I hate to sound cliche...
but is really does bring out the best qualities in a headphone x5. Expensive, thick AF but worth every dime.
Best copper cable on the market... hands down.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 7.16.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 7.16.30 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 17, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #53 of 60
Can we add to the poll the zmf grand palladium cable?

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #54 of 60
I’m very excited to try the ZMF Palladium. I recently had an issue with my beloved WyWire Platinum. It was just from constant use not below average cable durability. Just wanted to say how great Alex at WyWire was about it. He fixed it up and sent it back better than ever. It’s so nice when people stand by their products. I really do like this Platinum.

Apr 17, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #55 of 60
ZMF Headphone Cable Poll

With all the choices nowadays with headphone cables, thought it would be interesting to create a poll to share info on what ZMF Headphone owners are using. Listed are all the current ZMF cable choices from their website.

Some additional poll thoughts:
  1. Reference the ZMF Headphone Model you own (ex. Verite, Auteur)
  2. For 3rd Party Cables, reference which manufacturer / type
Of course, photos are welcome!
I’m using Hart Copper cables with my Auteur, Verite Closed, and Caldera

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:54 AM Post #56 of 60
Any suggestions for ac stabilized cables?
I've got a few. I'm wondering if getting a pure silver with single ended or getting another pure copper se too.
Ty!

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #57 of 60
I got ZMF's new "The Pro" cable in the mail. We'll see how it is.

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #58 of 60
Got The Pro 2024 cable in today. Feels REALLY nice, soft, flexible, and light. It's a good looking match for my zebrawood Auteur OGs.

I don't have any balanced gear currently but I got it terminated with 4.4mm for future proofing. They don't make an adapter from the same cable so I had to get a Lektrik C adapter to 6.3mm, as that was the closest match.

Attachments

• 20240428_150003.jpg
    20240428_150003.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240428_150127.jpg
    20240428_150127.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240428_150140.jpg
    20240428_150140.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240428_150232.jpg
    20240428_150232.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240428_151020.jpg
    20240428_151020.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
May 5, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #59 of 60
Can we add to the poll the zmf grand palladium cable?
Yes, can we please? Would like to hear people’s experiences with that one…

May 5, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #60 of 60
I use Forza Audioworks Noir HPC for my Aeolus, Auteur, and Verite. It's flexible, soft, well-made, and looks great. Matt at FAW is one of the most responsive and kind vendors I've seen in this industry. I have two cables, one for work and one for home. Highly recommended.
+1 for AO and Bokeh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back