ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Apr 1, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #2,176 of 2,357
Do the BE2 pads fit?

As my first ZMF I wasn’t sure as there is a separate section for Bokeh pads

I made the mistake of ordering the BBB suspension strap (in red to suit) that doesn’t fit. Reading more carefully it does say full sized headphones, but it doesn’t specifically say it doesn’t fit the Bokeh so I do think some better labelling wouldn’t be a bad thing for Bokeh compatible accessories

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #2,177 of 2,357
IMG_4778.jpg

These headphones never fail to blow me away. Honestly, my favorite pair of headphones.

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #2,178 of 2,357
Do the BE2 pads fit?

As my first ZMF I wasn’t sure as there is a separate section for Bokeh pads

I made the mistake of ordering the BBB suspension strap (in red to suit) that doesn’t fit. Reading more carefully it does say full sized headphones, but it doesn’t specifically say it doesn’t fit the Bokeh so I do think some better labelling wouldn’t be a bad thing for Bokeh compatible accessories

they fit, why not?🤔

The Bokeh has the damping system and with the damping system you can try any ZMF Pads.

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #2,180 of 2,357
Putting a plug in for the BE2 solid pads. Very very nice refined sound. Separation of instrumentation is excellent, but the presentation remains cohesive and reminds you why these cans kick WAY above their freight. Lovely.
My 12-year-old had emergency hip surgery and is limited mobility. So, I let him ride the day out with a DAP and the Bokeh. His assessment: “dad you have a lot of headphones, but these are *chef’s kiss.” My kid is dope and will have a mean headphone game throughout his life.

Apr 3, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #2,181 of 2,357
Putting a plug in for the BE2 solid pads. Very very nice refined sound. Separation of instrumentation is excellent, but the presentation remains cohesive and reminds you why these cans kick WAY above their freight. Lovely.

Are you referring to the BE2 suede solid pads? I've been wondering about other pads myself. What about the Caldera Lambskin thick? My ears touch the driver so I've been wanting a thicker pad.

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #2,183 of 2,357
I've been using the Caldera Suedes with the Bokehs recently (still with the solid mesh). The pads seem to keep the same general sound of the Bokeh Suedes, but with the added benefit of the slightly thicker/denser foam. I happened to have spare paracord lying around to help too. The one word I would use to describe the Bokehs with this combo is "comforting." It feels like a middle ground between the midrange smoothness of an HD 600 series and the spaciousness of an HD 800. It makes them a really nice complement to headphones that sound more intense/energetic.

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #2,184 of 2,357
I've been using the Caldera Suedes with the Bokehs recently (still with the solid mesh). The pads seem to keep the same general sound of the Bokeh Suedes, but with the added benefit of the slightly thicker/denser foam. I happened to have spare paracord lying around to help too. The one word I would use to describe the Bokehs with this combo is "comforting." It feels like a middle ground between the midrange smoothness of an HD 600 series and the spaciousness of an HD 800. It makes them a really nice complement to headphones that sound more intense/energetic.

The Caldera suede has holes in them. Isn't it supposed to be solid pads for closed back and perforated for open backs?

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #2,185 of 2,357
The Caldera suede has holes in them. Isn't it supposed to be solid pads for closed back and perforated for open backs?
The Caldera Suedes add perforations to the outside of the pad (the Bokeh Suedes are solid there), but they're still solid on the inside. I'm not sure if I notice any reductions in isolation yet, and certainly no degradation of sound. :)

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #2,186 of 2,357
That used to be the golden rule, but that's slightly changed since the ADS system was introduced. Like @GarlicBiscuit mentioned, the Caldera pads (which are technically hybrids pads) have solid material inside the ear cavity, and are perforated everywhere else. Even the Bokeh pads are all perforated on the face of the pads.

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:01 AM Post #2,187 of 2,357
The Caldera Suedes add perforations to the outside of the pad (the Bokeh Suedes are solid there), but they're still solid on the inside. I'm not sure if I notice any reductions in isolation yet, and certainly no degradation of sound. :)

Oh okay cool. I'm still curious about the Caldera lambskin thick.

That used to be the golden rule, but that's slightly changed since the ADS system was introduced. Like @GarlicBiscuit mentioned, the Caldera pads (which are technically hybrids pads) have solid material inside the ear cavity, and are perforated everywhere else. Even the Bokeh pads are all perforated on the face of the pads.

What is the ADS system? I have the tuning kit with my Bokeh. I still have a set of pads left to try out. Not sure which is which though. I also have not yet changed the driver mesh.

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #2,188 of 2,357
What is the ADS system? I have the tuning kit with my Bokeh. I still have a set of pads left to try out. Not sure which is which though. I also have not yet changed the driver mesh.
Atrium Dampening System.

It was first introduced in the Atrium Open, and has been integrated into all preceding ZMF headphone releases, including the Bokeh Closed.

https://www.zmfheadphones.com/atrium-patent

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #2,189 of 2,357
Did anyone say Bokeh?

IMG_3093.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back