ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Mar 22, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #2,026 of 2,351
Been listening with my VC's and HA300mk2 all week, and just jumped over to the Bokeh and RU7 powered by my iMac, and damn the Bokeh just grab me immediately and don't let go. :grinning: I jumped from a $13,000 dollar system with my VC's, to a $1,300 dollar setup with the Bokeh and I am just as engaged and maybe even more with the latter.

The Bokeh are so freaking good it's insane. The value is just nuts, and I really can't wait to hear the Open version.

Long live the Bokeh!
I'm quite looking forward to the release of the Bokeh Open. Feeling conflicted now as my plan was to save for an Atrium Open

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #2,028 of 2,351
Switched over from hugo2>wa8 to just a questyle m15 dongle out of my phone. Bokeh still sounds great. Definitely scales with better gear though.

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #2,029 of 2,351
Been listening with my VC's and HA300mk2 all week, and just jumped over to the Bokeh and RU7 powered by my iMac, and damn the Bokeh just grab me immediately and don't let go. :grinning: I jumped from a $13,000 dollar system with my VC's, to a $1,300 dollar setup with the Bokeh and I am just as engaged and maybe even more with the latter.

The Bokeh are so freaking good it's insane. The value is just nuts, and I really can't wait to hear the Open version.

Long live the Bokeh!
Love your enthusiasm and agree that they are a phenomenal value!! With that being said, I must admit that while the Bokeh are great with my Woo Audio WA8, my Burson Playmate, and my ifi Go Bar - the magic of my ACs and Decware Tube Amp are simply sublime and maybe not a fair comparison! And yes, I too want an open version.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #2,030 of 2,351
Switched over from hugo2>wa8 to just a questyle m15 dongle out of my phone. Bokeh still sounds great. Definitely scales with better gear though.
They are portable as in they do work with portable gear, tho I’d really only suggest a decent DAP.

The R6 III work them well, but they step onto another level with the 3X GT.

Have tried the Mojo 1 and even an old Fiio Mount Blanc amp and the Bokeh changes with all of them.

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #2,031 of 2,351
I'm quite looking forward to the release of the Bokeh Open. Feeling conflicted now as my plan was to save for an Atrium Open

Right?! I currently have an Atrium Closed and the Bokeh, and now I'm like ahhh I want the Bokeh Open.

Mar 22, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #2,033 of 2,351
Right?! I currently have an Atrium Closed and the Bokeh, and now I'm like ahhh I want the Bokeh Open.
I know right?? I too have the AC and I love using the Bokeh at work. Doesn't help that I heard the Bokeh Open at CanJam NYC and it sounded really good. Like a mini Atrium Open.

Mar 22, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #2,034 of 2,351
Love your enthusiasm and agree that they are a phenomenal value!! With that being said, I must admit that while the Bokeh are great with my Woo Audio WA8, my Burson Playmate, and my ifi Go Bar - the magic of my ACs and Decware Tube Amp are simply sublime and maybe not a fair comparison! And yes, I too want an open version.
I can't go mad on a valve amp, but the Cayin HA-3A and Feliks Elise are possible and I can audition them back to back easily.

Mar 22, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #2,035 of 2,351
I just can't make a decision. I have AC, my favorite headphones. I should get Caldera Open very soon and will definitely buy CC (when they do). Do I need Bokeh? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Mar 22, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #2,036 of 2,351
It's also a testament to how good the Bokeh are, when people with different preferences still both enjoy them.

Mar 22, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #2,037 of 2,351
I know right?? I too have the AC and I love using the Bokeh at work. Doesn't help that I heard the Bokeh Open at CanJam NYC and it sounded really good. Like a mini Atrium Open.

that's my exact setup, lol. WA22 into the AC at home, and the Tube Mini or my Walkman into the Bokeh. I haven't heard the Bokeh Open but I expect they are spectacular

Mar 22, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #2,038 of 2,351
I just can't make a decision. I have AC, my favorite headphones. I should get Caldera Open very soon and will definitely buy CC (when they do). Do I need Bokeh? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Eventually yes. I started with saying that I just need 1 headphone. Now I'm 3 ZMF's in.

Mar 22, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #2,039 of 2,351
Yes. :grin:

Mar 22, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #2,040 of 2,351
that's my exact setup, lol. WA22 into the AC at home, and the Tube Mini or my Walkman into the Bokeh. I haven't heard the Bokeh Open but I expect they are spectacular
Curious, how is the noise floor with the Tube Mini and Bokeh?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back