ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Mar 12, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #1,816 of 2,348
Mar 12, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #1,817 of 2,348
Are there still lots of people who haven’t received email or cans? I’m about 215 or so and still waiting. Won’t be long now-I was thinking this week, as I ordered on 28/12. I read and live vicariously……😂

Mar 12, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #1,818 of 2,348
I think many who listen at low levels, will think the RU7 is a bit so so. However for those that like to crank the volume and rock out, once you get around 60 on the volume things come alive.

Curious what volume level range do you use with the RU7 and Bokeh?
Yep that’s me-metal at deafening levels haha 😛 !!!!

Mar 12, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #1,819 of 2,348
Just got my shipping notification! (I ordered 16/12 but had to delay shipment due to a move across town)

Mar 12, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #1,820 of 2,348
I have heard great sound from both. I try not to get all caught up in the architecture, as it's always about how well it's implemented anyways. As long as it sounds good. . .
In a small device like the RU7 1bit SDM would be easier to implement physically than R2R and cheaper. 1bit ladder you don't have to worry about the quality of the components as much as you do in R2R ladder. For 1bit it's about the digital processing algorithm.

Which one is easier to implement in such a small device is kinda up in the air. On one hand you have R2R and the quality of components that make up the ladder. On the other hand, you have 1bit SDM and that takes some serious noise shaping and math for the up sampling to get good resolution while keeping jitter to a minimum.

Mar 12, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #1,821 of 2,348
Got ya, and perhaps it just ain't your thing.
Wes, if you get a chance to borrow an ifi Go Bar, would be curious how you would compare it to the RU7. I am finding it quite dynamic with the Bokeh.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #1,822 of 2,348
Are there still lots of people who haven’t received email or cans? I’m about 215 or so and still waiting. Won’t be long now-I was thinking this week, as I ordered on 28/12. I read and live vicariously……😂

Just got my shipping notification! (I ordered 16/12 but had to delay shipment due to a move
thumbnail.jpeg

Here is a screenshot of tracking my package. FedEx keeps coming up with innovative ways to reaffirm their stronghold on being the worst shipper in my book. My Bokeh was due for delivery today, but it has been stuck in Navajo Nation, AZ for the last fifty plus hours. Maybe the wagon train or stagecoach they're using got ambushed. I suppose it's different than sitting on your front porch all day waiting for your delivery, and receive a notification saying "delivery attempted but business is closed".

Sorry for the rant!

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #1,824 of 2,348
thumbnail.jpeg
Here is a screenshot of tracking my package. FedEx keeps coming up with innovative ways to reaffirm their stronghold on being the worst shipper in my book. My Bokeh was due for delivery today, but it has been stuck in Navajo Nation, AZ for the last fifty plus hours. Maybe the wagon train or stagecoach they're using got ambushed. I suppose it's different than sitting on your front porch all day waiting for your delivery, and receive a notification saying "delivery attempted but business is closed".

Sorry for the rant!
Haha-just about every American says the same thing. It’s funny, I’ve ordered stuff from USA to Australia through fed-ex and had it within 4 days!!!!! That’s insane!!! It takes 2-3 days from Sydney to Melbourne ***……😂

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #1,825 of 2,348
In my experience, Fedex tends to be the lesser of all the evils. :p

Pick your poison. hehe
It costs $108 aud ($65 usd approximately) to send an amp to USA from oz. I just paid $276 usd ($440 aud approximately)………????????? Well the seller was kind enough to offer 1/2 but I felt bad so I paid $200 usd and he paid the remainder.. can’t believe postage in USA……🤬

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #1,826 of 2,348
I will not likely use a ZMF as a portable unit since the wood is so nice. I don't want to scuff them on-the-go but it is good to know the Bokeh sounds lovely on the M11 DAP out of the 4.4 port. Again, nice job on the development and glad ZMF made an accessible HP without compromising much on the ZMF dynamic qualities. It has played nicely with all my DAC/amp combos.
20240312_175424.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #1,827 of 2,348
I will not use a ZMF as a portable unit since the wood is so nice. I don't want to scuff them on-the-go but it is good to know the Bokeh sounds lovely out of the M11 DAP on the 4.4 port. Again, nice job on the development and glad ZMF made an accessible HP without compromising much on the ZMF dynamic qualities. It has played nicely with all my DAC/amp combos.
20240312_175424.jpg
Just love those cups!!!!!

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #1,828 of 2,348
Hey just curious, how much was the Bokeh running if you got it at the show?
Just jumping in to touch on this one. We knew we would need to bring Bokeh demos to CanJam, so we had a couple demos to pass around and a collection of the “hold-back” B-stock units.

Only a handful or so to fulfill the needs of the room.

Was great to see so many ZMF owners at CanJam btw. What a wild event this year. Some people we barely got to say hi to as the (merry) chaos of the weekend unfolded. Hope everyone who went had fun and was great to at least see familiar faces even if the chance to chat was brief.

Anyways— while we were in NYC we had a determined crew back in Chicago hard at work on Bokeh and now we are all back full force and pumped to ship out the remaining sets.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Mar 12, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #1,829 of 2,348
Just jumping in to touch on this one. We knew we would need to bring Bokeh demos to CanJam, so we had a couple demos to pass around and a collection of the “hold-back” B-stock units.

Only a handful or so to fulfill the needs of the room.

Was great to see so many ZMF owners at CanJam btw. What a wild event this year. Some people we barely got to say hi to as the (merry) chaos of the weekend unfolded. Hope everyone who went had fun and was great to at least see familiar faces even if the chance to chat was brief.

Anyways— while we were in NYC we had a determined crew back in Chicago hard at work on Bokeh and now we are all back full force and pumped to ship out the remaining sets.
Can’t wait Bevin!!!😁

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #1,830 of 2,348
Don't kill me for saying this, but with my short time demoing Caldera closed back at noisy CanJam, I much prefer the sound of my Bokeh.

Love this headphone so much. Thank you ZMF for making such an amazing headphone affordable, but still keep the same top notch quality of your brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back