ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Jan 2, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #1,036 of 2,357
It looks to me like he just wants a phone number and email address with the order, since he ships with DHL from Ukraine. Yurii, the seller/creator, is also a SUPER nice guy. You could just write him a question directly about the order process.
Thanks - I was clearly overthinking it. You are absolutely right!

Jan 2, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #1,037 of 2,357
The ad says customization is required before placing the order… I don’t see in the page linked any options to select from. Would you mind sharing what you did?
I know when I ordered mine, I asked for a little wider stand than normal so the earpads would fully fit on it. Yurii was very accommodating.

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #1,038 of 2,357
1704128519172.pngThese cherry wood demos earlier shown earlier in the thread are especially tempting... !
Those look like my babies! :) They are quite beautiful looking, and way better in person than the pics show. They're a bit darker in normal light, with a lovely honey like chatoyance.

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #1,040 of 2,357
Well I haven't had the Bokeh for that that long, but in a short time it's quickly become one of my favorite headphones. How good? I purchased my demo unit! Hats off to Zach for this one, it's special.

I've had about 2 weeks with mine and I have to agree, I'm sort of smitten with these headphones. I didn't even hear about the Bokeh until the day before launch, the definition of an impulse buy, and I expected to use them as a secondary "for fun" pair (if I even liked them at all). Well now they're on my head every minute possible, I can't get enough lol

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #1,041 of 2,357
Well I haven't had the Bokeh for that that long, but in a short time it's quickly become one of my favorite headphones. How good? I purchased my demo unit! Hats off to Zach for this one, it's special.
Definitely agree.

I think I've settled on the hybrid + solid mesh combo. Mainly been using it at work with Nitsch Piety. Sound very fun and its light enough to be comfortable for all day wear. My ears do get a tad hot from time to time but that's more a me thing. I run warm with most headphones.

It's also crazy how well the Bokeh scales with gear. Running it thru the Aegis tube amp it sounds amazing! Could've sworn I was wearing my ACs, but nope, it was the Bokeh!

Jan 2, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #1,042 of 2,357
I've had about 2 weeks with mine and I have to agree, I'm sort of smitten with these headphones. I didn't even hear about the Bokeh until the day before launch, the definition of an impulse buy, and I expected to use them as a secondary "for fun" pair (if I even liked them at all). Well now they're on my head every minute possible, I can't get enough lol
That was a good impulse buy! I tend to impulse buy just about anything ZMF nowadays, i'm never disappointed.

Jan 2, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #1,043 of 2,357
Definitely agree.

I think I've settled on the hybrid + solid mesh combo. Mainly been using it at work with Nitsch Piety. Sound very fun and its light enough to be comfortable for all day wear. My ears do get a tad hot from time to time but that's more a me thing. I run warm with most headphones.

It's also crazy how well the Bokeh scales with gear. Running it thru the Aegis tube amp it sounds amazing! Could've sworn I was wearing my ACs, but nope, it was the Bokeh!
So jealous of the Aegis. I almost started the kit but the kids just dominate so much of my time that I knew i'd be better off waiting for the built ZMF edition. I did run the Bokeh on my Stratus and that was a treat. My tube roll was a bit overly bassy but all in all the quality was amazing. I don't think the Bokeh gives up any scaling ability to it's higher ohm brethren.

EDIT - It's crazy how similar the AC and Bokeh are, isn't it? They even seem to respond similarly to pad rolling. Everything I've liked on one, I've liked on the other, and vice versa. Amps has been a bit different mainly because of the differing impedances. On my WA3 OTL the OI is a bit high for the Bokeh, but magic on the AC. But on my tube amps with low OI ability, it's been magic. I really love the Tuba with the Bokeh and AC. I brought them into work at the same time last week and would plug the AC into high z, then swap to the Bokeh and low z, and they both sounded phenomenal. The WA3/AC combo was pretty lights out too, I love that little amp.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #1,045 of 2,357
So jealous of the Aegis. I almost started the kit but the kids just dominate so much of my time that I knew i'd be better off waiting for the built ZMF edition. I did run the Bokeh on my Stratus and that was a treat. My tube roll was a bit overly bassy but all in all the quality was amazing. I don't think the Bokeh gives up any scaling ability to it's higher ohm brethren.

EDIT - It's crazy how similar the AC and Bokeh are, isn't it? They even seem to respond similarly to pad rolling. Everything I've liked on one, I've liked on the other, and vice versa. Amps has been a bit different mainly because of the differing impedances. On my WA3 OTL the OI is a bit high for the Bokeh, but magic on the AC. But on my tube amps with low OI ability, it's been magic. I really love the Tuba with the Bokeh and AC. I brought them into work at the same time last week and would plug the AC into high z, then swap to the Bokeh and low z, and they both sounded phenomenal. The WA3/AC combo was pretty lights out too, I love that little amp.
The Aegis was definitely worth building. And it was fun too! I hope for my sake that the ZMF edition will not be super out of this world that I would be tempted to get one :sweat_smile:
As long as they are sonically the same then I'm good.

Yeah at times I can't tell if its the Bokeh or the AC I'm listening to (unless its a song with a lot of sub bass)

Jan 2, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #1,046 of 2,357
The Aegis was definitely worth building. And it was fun too! I hope for my sake that the ZMF edition will not be super out of this world that I would be tempted to get one :sweat_smile:

Yeah at times I can't tell if its the Bokeh or the AC I'm listening to (unless its a song with a lot of sub bass)
And how different do they sound, in those cases?

Jan 2, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #1,047 of 2,357

I'm hoping they're the same as well. I doubt I could afford a supped up version like what they did with the Decware OTL.

Jan 2, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #1,048 of 2,357
And how different do they sound, in those cases?
In general I would say that the Bokeh has slightly more / better mid bass. But the AC resolves better and has that lovely sub bass.

I'm not super good at explaining the differences :sweat_smile: If you search back in this thread you'll see a few reviewers who explain the differences much better than I ever could.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zmf-bokeh-closed-back-semi-portable.969961/post-17856911
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zmf-bokeh-closed-back-semi-portable.969961/post-17854236
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zmf-bokeh-closed-back-semi-portable.969961/post-17853011

Jan 2, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #1,049 of 2,357
I'm hoping they're the same as well. I doubt I could afford a supped up version like what they did with the Decware OTL.
I was waiting for the Decware OTL but once it was announced I found that it was out of my price range. After that I decided to build the Aegis. In the end I'm glad I went with the Aegis as I ended up getting a Caldera so I can run both dynamics and planars on it.

Jan 2, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #1,050 of 2,357
Honeymoon period hasn't worn off. These are still the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back