ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Dec 28, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #976 of 2,348
After spending more time with the pads/mesh options, I can't recommend getting the tuning kit enough. Especially at the introductory price. It really allows you fine tune the BOKEH to your chain and preferences.

Dec 28, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #977 of 2,348
I know in my story I said the bass was the star of the show with the Bokeh, however I need to amend that statement. The bass is awesome no doubt, however the mids truly are magical with this headphone and have become the real star of the show for me. The balance and layering in the mids is absolutely fantastic. The euphonic texture is incredible and I feel like I can reach out and touch the notes as they float all around my head. The decay is so natural and lifelike as well, and images/notes are heard in their entirety.

I freaking love this headphone!
I'm coming around to your point of view, though it's tough not to say the bass steals the show! But man those mids and lower treble are expressive and engaging. I'm having such a hard time today working, I happened on Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet, and I just cannot concentrate! The guitars and growling vocals are just perfect for metal. Forward enough to excite, without excess to fatigue. And that foundational bass just adds to the excitement. A truly exceptional headphone, especially for metal. IMO the Bokeh is the most exciting/engaging headphone in the lineup. I feel so amped up listening, no way I'm getting much done today hahaha.

Dec 28, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #978 of 2,348
Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #979 of 2,348
After spending more time with the pads/mesh options, I can't recommend getting the tuning kit enough. Especially at the introductory price. It really allows you fine tune the BOKEH to your chain and preferences.
I really should have grabbed the kit, stupid me trying to save a few bucks.

Dec 28, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #981 of 2,348
Ooooh that's actually one of the few combos I have not tried yet. Right now, pretty happy with hybrid + burst with lots of Jazz, blues, and electronic, and don't like any of the combos without any mesh and have not even tried the titan mesh yet on any combo.

I do often long for the punch that the protein pads provide on certain genres, so my long term plan is to have a 2nd Bokeh so I would no longer have the pleasure of swapping out pads on a regular basis. :)
Now I understand why those darn ear pads are so hard to change! "Make 'em purchase two!" :beerchug:

Dec 28, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #982 of 2,348
Just a note we have 32 units left at the release discount.
Well my first ever pair of ZMFs arrived yesterday, VOs in redwood burl. They are unbelievable!!!!! I had been listening all day yesterday when I had a small accident involving my keyboard and mouse. I’m ok though but in a fair amount of pain. I’m just lucky my wallet took the brunt of the impact. I’m now one of those 32…………😳😂

Dec 28, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #983 of 2,348
Well my first ever pair of ZMFs arrived yesterday, VOs in redwood burl. They are unbelievable!!!!! I had been listening all day yesterday when I had a small accident involving my keyboard and mouse. I’m ok though but in a fair amount of pain. I’m just lucky my wallet took the brunt of the impact. I’m now one of those 32…………😳😂
Let's hear how the little gift dwarf performs on the Ultimate amp.
I would be interested as I also have one,✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️
I hope your mouse and keyboard are still intact?
Did you fall on it or were you annoyed by the game?

Dec 28, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #984 of 2,348
You know if like VO a lot then VC is a must…just saying :imp:

Dec 28, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #985 of 2,348
Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread and I wish I had never stumbled upon this. I resisted going to SoCal CanJam. I have never listened to any ZMF headphones. I never had any interest in the brand, until I started reading this forum that is. Having successfully trimmed down my toys to just a HE1000se, I gave in and ordered the Bokeh on Xmas day. While I was shuffling things around in anticipation of its arrival, I found myself mentally figuring out where to put a couple more headphone stands. I'm already planning on adding a Caldera and Atrium if I found the Bokeh to my liking. HeadFi is definitely detrimental to my financial health and you guys aren't helping.:ksc75smile:

Dec 28, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #986 of 2,348
Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread and I wish I had never stumbled upon this. I resisted going to SoCal CanJam. I have never listened to any ZMF headphones. I never had any interest in the brand, until I started reading this forum that is. Having successfully trimmed down my toys to just a HE1000se, I gave in and ordered the Bokeh on Xmas day. While I was shuffling things around in anticipation of its arrival, I found myself mentally figuring out where to put a couple more headphone stands. I'm already planning on adding a Caldera and Atrium if I found the Bokeh to my liking. HeadFi is definitely detrimental to my financial health and you guys aren't helping.:ksc75smile:
Welcome to our world!
Sorry for your wallet.

Dec 28, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #987 of 2,348
Cat avatar + ZMF Owner = You'll fit in just fine around here

Dec 28, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #989 of 2,348
Let's hear how the little gift dwarf performs on the Ultimate amp.
I would be interested as I also have one,✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️
I hope your mouse and keyboard are still intact?
Did you fall on it or were you annoyed by the game?
Haha-Gday mate!!!! I haven’t been over the Mcchanson section for a while. It’s funny you say that. I had a mate over last night testing my cans and gear and guess what???? He preferred the ultimate out of my 3 amps!!! The VOs sound magnificent on it!!!! And I’m sure the bokeh’s will too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back