ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Dec 23, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #916 of 2,357
I've had my Bokeh for a few days now. I'm not much of a reviewer, maybe I'll write something up in a few weeks, but I just wanted to echo what everyone else in the thread has been saying: these are great headphones.

IMG_0835.jpeg
Gorgeous! I’d personally love any thoughts you can write out especially if you experiment with any pad and mesh swaps!

Dec 23, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #917 of 2,357
I've had my Bokeh for a few days now. I'm not much of a reviewer, maybe I'll write something up in a few weeks, but I just wanted to echo what everyone else in the thread has been saying: these are great headphones.

IMG_0835.jpeg
What cable?

Dec 23, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #918 of 2,357
Gorgeous! I’d personally love any thoughts you can write out especially if you experiment with any pad and mesh swaps!
Yup, have to experiment with that more. Right now I'm running hybrid/no mesh and it sounds great.

What cable?
Stock! It's pretty nice. Mine didn't come with the fancy sleeving, just plain black, but I don't mind.

Dec 23, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #919 of 2,357
Been using the Bokeh paired up with my Cayin RU7 (powered by my iMac 27") the past two days, and I got to say this combo really is incredible. It sounds better than many full sized desktop systems I have heard, and I am not exaggerating. There is some very special synergy going on between the RU7 and the Bokeh, and I just can't get enough! :grin:
I am experiencing the same. But admittedly, I think some of the love for this RU7 synergy, at least for me, is certainly influenced by its portability in at least being able to walk around the house or even out on the deck or patio to enjoy it all. And if anything, this setup adds to the musicality by being more forgiving than even a WA22 or similar colored chain. I think the discrete 1-bit DAC thing it has going for it perfectly softens whatever sharp edges the Bokeh bring to the table, but not in a bad way, with no appreciable loss of resolution. None that matters at least :)

I've enjoyed the RU7 pairing so much that I looked into trying out the N7 DAP that I believe has the same 1-bit DAC setup but with a bit more gain headroom and selectable A/AB amping. zach915m happened to have an extra one NIB lying around he offered to part with, so now I'm giving that setup a go. Sounds fantastic so far, very similar sounding to the RU7, at least with the Bokeh, except now there's less stuff to carry in that It's only an N7 in my pocket with cable running directly to Bokeh while I wander about the home. Doesn't get any better than this.

IMG_8678.JPG

The N7 does start to show its weakness with higher impedance headphones like my AO. It still sounds great, and I'm certainly thrilled for the ability to walk around the house with a pair of Atriums on, but it's no surprise that the AO is better suited for desktop rigs to really shine. Bokeh on the other hand, does not hold much back with driven by just the RU7 or N7. Wonderful synergy indeed.

Also got my grubby hands on a set of bokeh gaming cables with integrated mic boom. So far, just having tested them on nothing else other than my daughter's old iPad as the the source, which still has an audio jack, the audio is great, and microphone voice quality is excellent. I have an Audeze Maxwell gaming headset, which is well-regarded as having very good mic quality, and just a quick A-B between the Maxwell's boom mic vs the Bokeh + gaming cable boom mic, I'd say they are very comparable in quality, though the ZMF mic is a little more sensitive to distance of mic placement than the Audeze mic. Not an issue as the arm articulates and holds its position well. I give these a big thumbs up so far. Perfectly functional and well above average in fact. A no brainer if you want to use the Bokeh for gaming, calls, or even work meetings. My wife plans to use for a few work meetings next week, so we'll see how she feels about it.

IMG_8676.JPG

IMG_8677.JPG

Dec 23, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #920 of 2,357
Yup, have to experiment with that more. Right now I'm running hybrid/no mesh and it sounds great.

Stock! It's pretty nice. Mine didn't come with the fancy sleeving, just plain black, but I don't mind.
That's stock? Wow I love it.

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #921 of 2,357
Dec 23, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #922 of 2,357
Dec 23, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #923 of 2,357
Nope. Those have mini xlr. They work for the other ZMFs. The Bokeh uses 3.5mm and not xlr.

There’s supposed to be a gaming cable for the Bokeh releasing soon.
Thank you!

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #924 of 2,357
You guys are terrible, terrible people. I’m about to drop some money on a pair of Bokeh’s now….😍 just purchased some used Aeolus’s last night, and with everything yall have been saying, I feel the Bokeh is the headphone I’ve been needing. I’m falling in love with the ZMF community.

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #925 of 2,357
You guys are terrible, terrible people. I’m about to drop some money on a pair of Bokeh’s now….😍 just purchased some used Aeolus’s last night, and with everything yall have been saying, I feel the Bokeh is the headphone I’ve been needing. I’m falling in love with the ZMF community.
It’s a force that you can’t resist. Give in, struggle is futile 👿

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #926 of 2,357
It’s a force that you can’t resist. Give in, struggle is futile 👿
Oh I’m letting it happen. Thank the lord for affirm 😂 let’s just say the Aeolus and Bokeh are my Christmas gifts to myself for the next 2 years….just got them in advance lol.

Dec 23, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #928 of 2,357
stop lying to yourself. You gonna end up buying two more next year.
Once I get the Aeolus and Bokeh, that’ll let me know if I need to sell some other cans to find more ZMF’s. Everything I’ve been reading just points to me loving those two headphones like it’s my long lost love

Users who are viewing this thread

Back