ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Nov 5, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #106 of 2,348
Correct
96-99 dB/mW vs. 103 dB/mW and 80 ohm vs. 300 ohm. The Bokeh is noticeably easier to drive than the Verité or Atrium.
Correct

Nov 5, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #107 of 2,348
Nov 5, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #108 of 2,348
Can any recent UK buyers of ZMF headphones advise on taxes/customs etc when buying direct from ZMF please?

Also, if Zach is reading, are you hoping to be at next year's London CanJam again?, and if so, would you likely have any Bokeh's for sale on the day? I didn't ask you about purchases on the day this year as my show money was already spent on some Meze 109's, but if I knew you were going to have some Bokeh's for sale next year at show then I'd be prepared for some delayed gratification and purchase then :)

Nov 5, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #109 of 2,348
Can any recent UK buyers of ZMF headphones advise on taxes/customs etc when buying direct from ZMF please?

Also, if Zach is reading, are you hoping to be at next year's London CanJam again?, and if so, would you likely have any Bokeh's for sale on the day? I didn't ask you about purchases on the day this year as my show money was already spent on some Meze 109's, but if I knew you were going to have some Bokeh's for sale next year at show then I'd be prepared for some delayed gratification and purchase then :)

UK got 20% VAT from what I remember, just add 20% on your purchase price combined with the shipping cost and some DHL customs handling fee of 10-15 pounds.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #110 of 2,348
Don't forget, Caldera closed are coming at some point.
I think I heard the Caldera, among others in the ZMF room at CanJam, but the one that stood out from the selection I heard was the Bokeh and Verite Closed.
In all honesty though that may have been because I was specifically comparing closed backs at that point and also because I'd already heard the Meze Elites earlier in the day and no open back I heard after that came close to it. They very quickly became my 'end game' headphone, lol.
Would be very interesting to hear a closed back Caldera though. From the video, Zach suggests its release is very close :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #111 of 2,348
I think I heard the Caldera, among others in the
Would be very interesting to hear a closed back Caldera though. From the video, Zach suggests its release is very close :thumbsup:
Aaaaa- nooooo! My wallet is already terrified of my coming Atrium Closed purchase! 🤣

Nov 5, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #112 of 2,348
Aaaaa- nooooo! My wallet is already terrified of my coming Atrium Closed purchase! 🤣
Lol.
It's quite interesting to see the budgets different people have. My gob is truly smacked when I see the gear some people are able to collect.
For my wallet the Meze 109 this year was a big purchase but a fantastic one in terms of what I was after and the bang for the buck. I wouldn't have bought the Liric even at half it's price for example. The Elites blew me away and fully justified their 'TOTL' status. If ever I'm lucky enough to own a set it'll only ever be secondhand.

The ZMF room was great because I knew nothing of the individual models or price points before I started listening. To discover then that the Bokeh was my favourite listen, with the VC a very close second, came as a massive relief!:smile:

Nov 5, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #115 of 2,348
1699239676555.png

two are indeed very similar....i always consider kennerton to be the ussr version of zmf:disappointed_relieved:

Nov 5, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #116 of 2,348
Aha!, I've finally found the name (and now thread) of this new ZMF headphone.

Regarding where this fits in, in terms of portability. I've no idea, I won't be buying it for portable use, but the 3.5mm cup connectors are a big plus as it'll mean using easy to source custom cables.

I heard a set of these at London CanJam. I listened to quite a selection of ZMF headphones there, for the very first time, and I preferred the Verite Closed, but second to these!
Yes, it felt like the VC's had a slightly wider soundstage (both incredible btw for a closed back!), but there was something about this new set that just clicked with me straight away, and that was before I found out about any pricing or that they weren't released yet.
It's THE headphone I want to complete my collection.
Unless it's weird in UK/EU the standard mini XLR ZmF uses on everything is just as easy to source lol

Nov 6, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #118 of 2,348
Lol.
It's quite interesting to see the budgets different people have. My gob is truly smacked when I see the gear some people are able to collect.
For my wallet the Meze 109 this year was a big purchase but a fantastic one in terms of what I was after and the bang for the buck. I wouldn't have bought the Liric even at half it's price for example. The Elites blew me away and fully justified their 'TOTL' status. If ever I'm lucky enough to own a set it'll only ever be secondhand.

The ZMF room was great because I knew nothing of the individual models or price points before I started listening. To discover then that the Bokeh was my favourite listen, with the VC a very close second, came as a massive relief!:smile:
Don't rush it. Took me a very long time before I was successful enough to afford TOTL headphones. Years in fact. Enjoy the ride, makes you appreciate it even more.

Nov 6, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #119 of 2,348
Don't rush it. Took me a very long time before I was successful enough to afford TOTL headphones. Years in fact. Enjoy the ride, makes you appreciate it even more.
Good advice. I took a year of reading and watching endless Meze 109 reviews and then only bought it after hearing it at Canjam and getting a good show discount. That's why I'd be prepared to wait another year before jumping in on the Bokeh. I really enjoy the journey, and limited finances help with that too, lol.

Nov 6, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #120 of 2,348
Unless it's weird in UK/EU the standard mini XLR ZmF uses on everything is just as easy to source lol
Yes, I think you're probably right. However, I have a nice custom 3.5mm to 4.4mm cable from skyaudio that I use for the Meze 109. It would be nice to be able to use that in the first instance before perhaps buying another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back