ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Oct 21, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #91 of 2,348

Lachlan talks a little about the BOKEH and the HOMAGE amp.

Oct 31, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #97 of 2,348
and its cherry....thx god for me not having a wood fetish
I'm jealous, as someone with a wood fetish and African Blackwood sets. :beyersmile:

When I owned it, I thought the cherry Atrium was extremely comfortable. Could also be that my Blackwood sets have been weight training my neck lol

The Bokeh does look very appealing as a nice pair of daily/work/gaming/etc cans, I have to agree with you on that.

Nov 4, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #99 of 2,348
Depends on the model. Some Atriums are near or under 500g and that's just fine for most people. But the denser woods and the fancy ones all the kids seem to like can get up there quickly, and few find 550g and up alright for hours of listening, nevermind the bravado.

From what I hear this new ZMF will start even lower, so I suppose very few units will have a real weight problem.

Nov 4, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #100 of 2,348
Maybe some neck exercises or training. Atrium isn't that heavy.

what is the weight of this bokeh headphone? atrium been killing my neck for a year now....
You heard the man. ZMF also stands for Zach's Masculine/Matriarchy Fitness. Don't skip neck day and get your Bokeh, even if you are sore when you awokeh.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #101 of 2,348
I struggle to see the practical value to be frankly honest, there are many top notch IEMs for mobile use, with some cheaper offerings outperforming headphones for 2-3k, not sure BOKEH can compete on the mobile market and considering the size of the headphone, IEMs remain much more practical solution. But yeah, nevertheless I am very intrigued. The design of the new gimbal and the cups is beautiful!
Aha!, I've finally found the name (and now thread) of this new ZMF headphone.

Regarding where this fits in, in terms of portability. I've no idea, I won't be buying it for portable use, but the 3.5mm cup connectors are a big plus as it'll mean using easy to source custom cables.

I heard a set of these at London CanJam. I listened to quite a selection of ZMF headphones there, for the very first time, and I preferred the Verite Closed, but second to these!
Yes, it felt like the VC's had a slightly wider soundstage (both incredible btw for a closed back!), but there was something about this new set that just clicked with me straight away, and that was before I found out about any pricing or that they weren't released yet.
It's THE headphone I want to complete my collection.

Nov 5, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #102 of 2,348
While these can be used for portable use due to how easy they are to drive and their lighter weight, I don't believe that's what their primary focus is. Zach mentioned they scale quite well, and their price is attractive for a wider range of consumers compared to a AC or VC.

I think it just depends on what someone is looking for out of them. Personally, I would utilize the Bokeh out of a DAP or Dongle in different rooms of my house where I don't want a full gear setup. I would also use them at work occasionally.
Maybe DAP use, rather than amp set up nails it? I only use DAP's as I don't have an headphone amp set up as use hifi separates and speakers for front room listening.

I tested everything at London CanJam, where I was able to, with my iBasso dx300 on balanced 4.4mm .
These headphones sounded gorgeous to me and the stand out closed back I heard on the day. Only the VC came close to it.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #103 of 2,348
Maybe DAP use, rather than amp set up nails it? I only use DAP's as I don't have an headphone amp set up as use hifi separates and speakers for front room listening.

I tested everything at London CanJam, where I was able to, with my iBasso dx300 on balanced 4.4mm .
These headphones sounded gorgeous to me and the stand out closed back I heard on the day. Only the VC came close to it.
Yea, there is certainly quite a number of DAPs out there that should be able to power the BOKEH quite well.

I've got a DX200 with one of the 4.4mm balanced AMPs, so I'll be testing it on that for sure.

Nov 5, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #104 of 2,348
Apparently there plenty of people running Verite and Atrium from DX300 with Amp11, so Bokeh really shouldnt be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back