ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Dec 17, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #811 of 2,432
Any special tips or insights, or is it just something we will have to muddle through first time?
What was your technique?
I always start with the “inside out” method. But toward the end the lip usually flips back into place, so I just push pad outward from the inside to make it fit.

Dec 17, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #812 of 2,432
Me reading all these posts about people struggling with changing Bokeh pads.

mj-michael-jordan.gif

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #813 of 2,432
No prob! The Bokeh actually didn't wow me at first listen this past CanJam Dallas, due to hearing them in show conditions and with the Protein Pads only. However, once I heard them with my own gear and the Hybrid Pads, they have since become my favorite headphone and new daily driver. I bet you just might love them too in your own environment, and with 3 pad options and 2 different types of mesh, one can really fine tune the sound to their liking.
What makes you prefer the Bokeh over your VCs?

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #814 of 2,432
Wow these are real head bangers. Really fun and full bass. Sound much more natural than the Meze 109 Pro already. Haven't changed pads or the mesh yet, but the treble and vocals are so smooth. Bass can be overkill on some songs though lol.

On the SE300 (R2R dap) I'm hitting 60/150 volume on high gain. Line out to the Homage amp sounds even better. Unfortunately, the included 4.4mm cable is faulty and wouldn't work correctly with the Homage. Left channel is just dead silent. Need to try with the HA-3A later, and then the RU7.
Yeah the 4.4's are more prone to errors because of the tight soldering, send us an email and we will get a new one out.
Bad news with my Bokeh. Seems to work fine when running straight from my Decware but as soon as I plug it into my Ferrum Oor running in bypass from my Decware the right driver stops working after a few seconds.

Plugging it out and back into the Oor brings the sound back momentarily before it dies again in a few seconds. Any ideas what might be causing this? Is it too much power/current? It's odd that the left driver stays working the entire time and the right driver is not permanently dead after it stops working.

Is this a design flaw or is my unit just faulty?
Likely it's a cable issue and the amp is protecting itself from that channel. Let me get another cable out to see if that helps. It'd be awfully weird for it to be a driver issue.
The Bokeh is def not a good introduction to pad rolling on a ZMF. I’m pulling my hair out and I still can’t get the pad to fit into the cup. 😤 this is not my first rodeo, I’ve done plenty of pad rolling on the Atrium.

And no the video with the lobster 🦞 doesn’t help. 😂
I have a couple vidoes I need to finish that I meant to have done by now. I'll upload them this week, one has pad rolling in it.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Dec 18, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #816 of 2,432
What makes you prefer the Bokeh over your VCs?
The Bokeh just have more impact and weight to the notes and euphonicly textured mids that are addictive. The VC's sound more neutral and open. I love them both, but for everyday/all day listening the Bokeh are just more fun, for my preferences.

Dec 18, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #817 of 2,432
I changed the Pads to BE 2 Lambskin solid, i am speechless, this is a whole different world for the Bokeh, for me this songs sound amazing and not from this world:

Ape Chimba - Amoriri (feat.Ebyän) - KWO
Joaquin Cornejo,Wabi Sabi - La Voz De La Nostalgia (original Mix) - The Dogon Orchestra

Have some fun with Bokeh!

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #818 of 2,432
image0.jpeg

Doing a bit of a portable blowout today. Curious to see which performs best!

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #819 of 2,432
image0.jpeg

Very interested. I have the exact same setup for portable and ordered the Bokeh. Is that an M11 Pro?

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #820 of 2,432
I always start with the “inside out” method. But toward the end the lip usually flips back into place, so I just push pad outward from the inside to make it fit.
@za
I changed the Pads to BE 2 Lambskin solid, i am speechless, this is a whole different world for the Bokeh, for me this songs sound amazing and not from this world:

Ape Chimba - Amoriri (feat.Ebyän) - KWO
Joaquin Cornejo,Wabi Sabi - La Voz De La Nostalgia (original Mix) - The Dogon Orchestra

Have some fun with Bokeh!
I’m curious, what are the BE pads?

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #821 of 2,432
Sitting here trying to mentally will my Bokeh shipment to leave the local facility and go out for delivery...

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #822 of 2,432
Very interested. I have the exact same setup for portable and ordered the Bokeh. Is that an M11 Pro?

The A&K SP3000. I am currently listening to Radiohead on the Cayin, so.

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #823 of 2,432
It is pain to swap, I kind of have it figured out though. The usual inside out method doesn’t work well on these.

The last time I changed the pads on the Atticus it took me 15 minutes.

No offense to ZMF, but I can’t think of a headphone manufacturer that makes it more difficult to swap pads.

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #824 of 2,432
image0.jpeg

Really looking forward to hearing your insights...just nabbed a Hiby FC6 on their 40% flash sale last week so looking forward to seeing if they pair well with my Bokeh when both arrive... Enjoy!

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #825 of 2,432
Really looking forward to hearing your insights...just nabbed a Hiby FC6 on their 40% flash sale last week so looking forward to seeing if they pair well with my Bokeh when both arrive... Enjoy!

The Cayin sounds gorgeous and smooth, if a teeny bit rolled off. The Woo Tube Mini just has that tube sparkle, for what it's worth. I'm gonna give all three another round with the Bokeh this afternoon on some metal, been going through some Radiohead this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back