ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Mar 18, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #5,926 of 6,183
I know this is off topic, but I described by Atrium setup to Chat GPT and this was the initial result. Too funny not to share. Atrium AI.jpeg

Best transconductance of any headphone on the market.

Mar 18, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #5,928 of 6,183
Mar 18, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #5,929 of 6,183
I've heard some users have had issues with hotspots though.
Problem spotted... :smile:

1710810142854.png

(I'd still 100% buy a pair)

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #5,930 of 6,183
Mar 18, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #5,931 of 6,183
Mar 19, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #5,932 of 6,183
IMG_1409.jpeg

Very excited to get the Caldera ultra perf suede pads today! Went through all the open ZMFs comparing to my favorite current pads, which on the Atrium have been the Auteur suedes. Really only compared with a few favorite songs and I think these are my new favorites. The biggest differences are that these aren't quite as expansive sounding as the Auteur suedes, but female vocals are a bit more forward and clarity is maybe up a notch.

On the Auteur Classics though they came across as too bright and robbing the mid-bass too much vs Auteur suedes so am sticking with those on the Auteur.

If you like suede pads give these new pads a try.

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #5,933 of 6,183
IMG_1409.jpeg
Very excited to get the Caldera ultra perf suede pads today! Went through all the open ZMFs comparing to my favorite current pads, which on the Atrium have been the Auteur suedes. Really only compared with a few favorite songs and I think these are my new favorites. The biggest differences are that these aren't quite as expansive sounding as the Auteur suedes, but female vocals are a bit more forward and clarity is maybe up a notch.

On the Auteur Classics though they came across as too bright and robbing the mid-bass too much vs Auteur suedes so am sticking with those on the Auteur.

I just tried these out on the Auteur Classic as well (posted some impressions in that thread) and I definitely agree they lean brighter and more intense but bass was better than I expected (I found quantity still quite good and it was tighter). I find them fun as a changeup but they make the Classic a bit too intense for long-term use from what I want out of that headphone.

I need to pick up a pair of Auteur Suedes but I've spent way too much on random pads to test out lately...

Mar 19, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #5,936 of 6,183
ANYONE here lookin to sell their aged copper Atriums?
Only from my cold, dead hands! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I guess there is buyer's remorse, and then there is seller's regret... :rolling_eyes:

Edit: I feel the pain though; I was scouring the internet for a pair at the end of last year / earlier this year and came up empty-handed (at one point last year I felt like all I was seeing was aged copper for sale...until I finally decided to purchase one), so I just bought a pair directly from Zach!

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #5,937 of 6,183

I need someone to compare the Caldera ultra perf suede with the lambskin! I love the way the lambskin sounds, buuut I've spent way too much money on pads already lol. It seems like they would lean brighter than the lambskin counterpart so I might skip this one, for now!

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #5,938 of 6,183
I need someone to compare the Caldera ultra perf suede with the lambskin! I love the way the lambskin sounds, buuut I've spent way too much money on pads already lol. It seems like they would lean brighter than the lambskin counterpart so I might skip this one, for now!
Just ordered me a pair of these ultra perf caldera suedes. I will definitely do a comparison with my Lambskin ultra perfs that i use exclusively with my atriums. I hope the suedes pair well with my VO as i would like to try some non universe pads on my VO for a change.

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #5,940 of 6,183
First ZMF in the house. Should go nicely with the rest of the stable. Really impressed with the quality and craftsmanship! Definitely won’t be my last. Now break in time.
IMG_9404.jpeg
Gorgeous set! Congrats! Have patience with the burn-in, the magic is on its way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back