ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Mar 21, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #5,942 of 6,245
First ZMF in the house. Should go nicely with the rest of the stable. Really impressed with the quality and craftsmanship! Definitely won’t be my last. Now break in time.
IMG_9404.jpeg
Beautiful wood!

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #5,943 of 6,245
Thanks! Will do, I am patient and have done my research. Definitely a bit bright right out of the box. I’ll break them in then pop the caldera ultra pref on 😎
Break in will do wonders. That Caldera Ultra Perf sounds brighter to me than the Universe perf lamb.

Mar 21, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #5,944 of 6,245
Delete

Mar 22, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #5,946 of 6,245
Hi guys. Im curious about what's the diameter of the Atrium biodynamic driver, but can't find any info on the ZMF website. Is it 50mm?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, 50mm.

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #5,949 of 6,245
DSC_0275.jpg

People weren't joking when they said ZMF and OTL's are a great pairing. Still in the early days and stock tubes but Atrium sounds pretty incredible on this amp. Hits like a truck when called for. I've never actually heard an OTL before so this is a breath of fresh air.

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #5,950 of 6,245
DSC_0275.jpg

People weren't joking when they said ZMF and OTL's are a great pairing. Still in the early days and stock tubes but Atrium sounds pretty incredible on this amp. Hits like a truck when called for. I've never actually heard an OTL before so this is a breath of fresh air.
Yeah ZMFs and tubes just go together. Since going to tube amps with my ZMFs I've stopped listening to solid state. That's a really nice looking amp! I've been intrigued by Eufonika, the price is nice and everyone who's used one has nothing but great things to say.

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #5,951 of 6,245
DSC_0275.jpg

What is the output impedance on this amp (H5?)?

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #5,953 of 6,245
Yeah ZMFs and tubes just go together. Since going to tube amps with my ZMFs I've stopped listening to solid state. That's a really nice looking amp! I've been intrigued by Eufonika, the price is nice and everyone who's used one has nothing but great things to say.
I really love my Eufonika H5 with my VCs. Haven’t had the chance to try it yet with my new Atrium, but your post tells me I need to get on that :)

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #5,954 of 6,245
I really love my Eufonika H5 with my VCs. Haven’t had the chance to try it yet with my new Atrium, but your post tells me I need to get on that :)
Definitely! I love the Atrium on tubes, especially my OTLs. It seems to give them a bit more air, allows the drivers to breathe. Listening to my AC on my OTL at work and it's magic.

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #5,955 of 6,245
First ZMF in the house. Should go nicely with the rest of the stable. Really impressed with the quality and craftsmanship! Definitely won’t be my last. Now break in time.

Wow, those are gorgeous! Welcome to the club! I actually ordered the Atrium Ash LTD, similar to yours, a couple of months ago because my Atrium Cocobolo was a bit too heavy for me. Just got the tracking number yesterday, so they'll be here sometime next week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back