ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Apr 28, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #4,486 of 6,196
I'm not sure I understand the problem. FedEx collect the VAT/Duty on the value of goods on behalf of the Inland Revenue agency for your country. Entirely normal.
Yes, that's all clear to me too.
They pay in advance and I pay the rest.
It's more about the declaration.

They want from me:

Type of customs clearance requested
exact description of the goods and, if applicable, customs tariff numbers
Breakdown of the value of the goods by customs tariff numbers

I have confirmed by email that they are to represent me in customs matters and have sent the authorised payment from Paypal where everything is listed is this sufficient?

Apr 28, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #4,487 of 6,196
1682600722.jpg
1682600722 (1).jpg

I think there's a fake coming out of China.

The quality of the headband is poor, so it seems easy to distinguish. Please refer to it.

Apr 28, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #4,488 of 6,196
Yes, that's all clear to me too.
They pay in advance and I pay the rest.
It's more about the declaration.

They want from me:

Type of customs clearance requested
exact description of the goods and, if applicable, customs tariff numbers
Breakdown of the value of the goods by customs tariff numbers

I have confirmed by email that they are to represent me in customs matters and have sent the authorised payment from Paypal where everything is listed is this sufficient?
Oh. Apologies. That isn't normal. Usually the sender deals with all of that. E-Mail ZMF. They must complete that one hundred times a day. Good luck!

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #4,490 of 6,196
I used DHL and had no problems like that, all of that was handled by ZMF/ DHL. Was a straight forward process for me. Good luck!

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #4,491 of 6,196
Dhl is a little different for us.
You are notified and asked to pay X amount.
Otherwise, it remains in storage.
With Dhl Germany, you can only check it later and then complain.
Dhl likes to trick you with the exchange rate.

With Fedex, it used to be that you delivered it and later received a detailed invoice and paid.
And you can complain if you have used a different rate, for example.

The service providers are very happy to do this and very few people know that they have to use the exchange rate from the date of purchase.

The only thing I don't understand is why Fedex suddenly needs a declaration of representation and detailed proof of payment of what I actually paid.
I've never had this before, and it's not the first time that something arrived with Fedex, if it was only tubes that cost $200 - $400 from America.
Did they charge what was in the declaration.

Zmf has also declared it correctly, I have seen.
No idea where the worm is in it, maybe there is none in it who knows.

I'll keep you posted on how it turned out.

Apr 29, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #4,492 of 6,196
I took the Atrium for a stroll through 80s radio hits and the nostalgia was off the charts. There's an emotional component to it linking it to childhood memories but that was one of the most satisfying listening sessions I can remember having in a long long time. Boston, Whitesnake, Journey, Aerosmith, Starship, Van Halen, Depeche Mode, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Don Henley, Steve Winwood, Def Leppard, Foreigner, etc.

This is why I spend money on this stuff.

Same with me, atrium somehow make oldies track shines, i'm on different genre from your list though.

Apr 29, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #4,493 of 6,196
I’ve had Atrium since CJNYC in Feb. Since then, there have been so many instances where I’ve listened to an album and said I gotta post that Atrium was made for this. A partial list includes: Beck-Morning Phase, Peter Erskine-Live in Italy, Harry’s House-Harry Styles, Folklore-Taylor Swift, Darkness On The Edge of Town-Springsteen, Go Farther In Lightness-Gang of Youths, Motomami-Rosalia, When I Get Home-Solange, Laughing So Hard It Hurts-Mavi, Chronology Of A Dream Live At The Village Vanguard-Jon Batiste and anything by Lana Del Rey. Realize that the list is in Atrium's wheelhouse but wow it does excel to the point where I’m not eagerly awaiting for the release of any new headphone or IEM for that matter. If I do invest in another headphone, it will be a ZMF (Caldera/AC) thanks in large part to how enthralled I am with ZMF’s house sound. It simply feels good to finally in a place in this hobby where I‘m not focusing on what‘s missing or what can be improved sonically. Now I can tweak components such as DACs knowing that these are the headphones I’ll be listening with for the foreseeable future. :)

Apr 30, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #4,494 of 6,196
I’ve had Atrium since CJNYC in Feb. Since then, there have been so many instances where I’ve listened to an album and said I gotta post that Atrium was made for this. A partial list includes: Beck-Morning Phase, Peter Erskine-Live in Italy, Harry’s House-Harry Styles, Folklore-Taylor Swift, Darkness On The Edge of Town-Springsteen, Go Farther In Lightness-Gang of Youths, Motomami-Rosalia, When I Get Home-Solange, Laughing So Hard It Hurts-Mavi, Chronology Of A Dream Live At The Village Vanguard-Jon Batiste and anything by Lana Del Rey. Realize that the list is in Atrium's wheelhouse but wow it does excel to the point where I’m not eagerly awaiting for the release of any new headphone or IEM for that matter. If I do invest in another headphone, it will be a ZMF (Caldera/AC) thanks in large part to how enthralled I am with ZMF’s house sound. It simply feels good to finally in a place in this hobby where I‘m not focusing on what‘s missing or what can be improved sonically. Now I can tweak components such as DACs knowing that these are the headphones I’ll be listening with for the foreseeable future. :)
‘The World is a Ghetto’
‘Aqualung’

But really a huge slice of all my faves.

May 1, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #4,495 of 6,196
I can say exactly the same about Auteur Og, which I have had for a year.
Even if you go weeks without listening to music it's always a pleasure to put it on and sit back and enjoy.
This week the Atrium will arrive I think I can probably say the same about it.
And I'm excited to see what's in store for me after Burn in.
I'm really looking forward to listening to music from the 90s.

May 1, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #4,496 of 6,196
True, it is a fun journey. After I purchased the Atrium in Apr'22 I revisited much of my old collections and it was great listening how it brought new life to the memories. And with the quality of the imaging, staging and Zach's damping system I found things I never noticed before. For instance, in Def Leppard's "Bringin' on the Heartbreak" after the guitar intro and before the main vocals start, I hear someone jibbering in the background.
More fun with the Atrium!
Some classic 1980's tunes enhanced with symphonic orchestration:

https://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/49775

May 1, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #4,497 of 6,196
May 4, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #4,498 of 6,196
200+ hours of burn-in later, and suddenly the Universe Pads sounds absolutely amazing? Don't get me wrong, I liked them from the beginning but I really like them now. Probably the most "normal sounding" and with the more impactful bass out of the 4 pads I have on hand. I can see why they're the default pads.

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #4,499 of 6,196
200+ hours of burn-in later, and suddenly the Universe Pads sounds absolutely amazing? Don't get me wrong, I liked them from the beginning but I really like them now. Probably the most "normal sounding" and with the more impactful bass out of the 4 pads I have on hand. I can see why they're the default pads.
I feel like the Auteur leather pads have more bass than the Universe 🤷🏻‍♂️

May 4, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #4,500 of 6,196
I feel like the Auteur leather pads have more bass than the Universe 🤷🏻‍♂️
Just switched over to the Auteur pad that came with my Atrium after a year exclusively on Universe pads. Totally different presentation from what I'm used to with the Atrium. The larger cavity does seem to create a bit more space between my ears and the drivers. Difference in staging is most apparent. Auteur pads makes it more upfront with vocals but provide a slightly more 3d presentation than the universe pads. They also seem to have a bit more mid bass in my experience. Still trying to get used to the new presentation so will likely stay with these for a few weeks before switching back for comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back