ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Aug 19, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #2,446 of 6,245
New amp build for muh Atriums.

PXL_20220819_124608847-2.jpg

Aug 19, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #2,449 of 6,245
Is it better than the Airmid?

Hmmm it is a drastically different design, so I would just say different. I'll leave the better vs. worse comparisons to the people who demo it! I will say it has a larger soundstage than Airmid and I prefer it, personally.

Not available right now though, I've explained it to death on my DIY thread, but I am hoping to get it released in some capacity in the future. This is the prototype, so to speak.

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #2,450 of 6,245
Aug 19, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #2,451 of 6,245
Hmmm it is a drastically different design, so I would just say different. I'll leave the better vs. worse comparisons to the people who demo it! I will say it has a larger soundstage than Airmid and I prefer it, personally.

Not available right now though, I've explained it to death on my DIY thread, but I am hoping to get it released in some capacity in the future. This is the prototype, so to speak.
Exciting news and cool looking new amp! I would absolutely love to own one of your amps in the future. I still want to add an OTL to the mix and one of your's is number one on my wishlist.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #2,452 of 6,245
Late night listening to my Connemara Atrium and the lush amplification of 300B tubes...SUBLIME! I can't get enough of this album to showcase the Atrium's jazz capabilities.

tempImagelF3D2S.jpg

Thanks for sharing this! I own the LCD3, and a Lars Danielsson song came on (Across the Sun) and I was so blown away by the sound that I checked out his others, Cloudland included. Those albums sound incredible on the LCD3s. Thinking of getting an Atrium now, too. Have you heard the LCD3 at all? I'm wondering how it compares to the Atrium.

Aug 19, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #2,453 of 6,245
One more song that I think really shows the way the Atrium present an image and instrument cohesion...

Last one of the night...

Great album. Must sound amazing with Atrium.

Aug 19, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #2,454 of 6,245
Great album. Must sound amazing with Atrium.
I agree, fantastic album. Yes, sounds incredible on the Atrium. As does Sea Change. Without a doubt my two favorite Beck albums.

Aug 19, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #2,455 of 6,245
I agree, fantastic album. Yes, sounds incredible on the Atrium. As does Sea Change. Without a doubt my two favorite Beck albums.

Thanks for the Beck post. It reminded me of his orchestral tribute to David Bowie's "Sound and Vision"
At the beginning they goof around with the instruments. Skip ahead to the 3:00 min mark.

Fun to listen to on the Atriums. Beck's father is a composer and assisting as the orchestra's conductor.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #2,458 of 6,245
I love how y'all talk about music in this thread. Must be a cultural thing with ZMF. There's another thread I follow that has gotten totally off track from the headphone in the topic and divulged into arguments over power supply and USB noise. A lot of folks there are fed up.

I have an Atrium on order, but I can't wait to hear it with this album. Masterful guitar playing and fun music--it really sounds fantastic on headphones.

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #2,459 of 6,245
I love how y'all talk about music in this thread. Must be a cultural thing with ZMF. There's another thread I follow that has gotten totally off track from the headphone in the topic and divulged into arguments over power supply and USB noise. A lot of folks there are fed up.

I have an Atrium on order, but I can't wait to hear it with this album. Masterful guitar playing and fun music--it really sounds fantastic on headphones.

Nice suggestion! I've been listening since you posted and it sounds great on the Atrium. The strings have a wonderful tactile feel/sound, like the performer is here in person. I like the recording, simple and dynamic. The reverb on the lower notes are wonderful. The beginning of the track Sigui really shows it off. The drum they start using around 0:25 has nice heft and punch to it. Great recording!

Aug 19, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #2,460 of 6,245
Nice suggestion! I've been listening since you posted and it sounds great on the Atrium. The strings have a wonderful tactile feel/sound, like the performer is here in person. I like the recording, simple and dynamic. The reverb on the lower notes are wonderful. The beginning of the track Sigui really shows it off. The drum they start using around 0:25 has nice heft and punch to it. Great recording!
Yes, it does sound like a high quality recording. He was also in a band that's fun called the Rail Band or Super Rail Band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back