ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Apr 29, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #526 of 5,965
FedEx is playing with my feelings. Got an email saying expected arrival was 4/28/22. That got updated to 4/29/22 before 4:30PM and no luck 😖. It got “delayed.”
That was me with my Woo Audio WA5-LE all week....

Apr 29, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #527 of 5,965
The image on the site is the result of lighting. Lighting plays a huge role wrt hue/tone of the cherry sets
Very true, the Cherry color can shift at different angles. Mine appear a lighter color looking perpendicular and shifts to a more mocha brown looking to the sides. My photo earlier with my phone does not represent it well.

Apr 29, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #528 of 5,965
We just sent Germany/The Headphone Company some Atriums, whether or not yours is in this shipment is hard to say. They should have them in next week.
Thanks Zach for the info.👍
A bird told me that one of the last Auteur models is supposed to be included in the delivery.😇
These are my first Zmf headphones that start with the Auteur and not the Atrium, so I'm looking forward to them.😉😊

Apr 30, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #529 of 5,965
this thing slams harder, noticeably harder. that's with the stock universe lambskin pads. i haven't even tried the warmer auteur pads. the bass hits hard but is incredibly nimble, with a very natural decay. makes rock music...rock!
Yep this was my initial experience with the demo unit as well. It hits as hard and is as responsive to dynamic swings as some of the best I've heard like Utopia and Verite but with a more sustained decay which gives it a more natural feel. It doesn't feel over shot nor does it feel dragged out, it simply sounds natural. Not as snappy and quick as the other flagship dynamic driver headphones but definitely feels fuller and heftier. I'm tempted to say it works better than both Verite and Utopia with rock for the fact that it makes kick drums sound so natural courtesy of it's decay, slam and timbre of biocell. For my taste the Utopia is a benchmark for rock so I'm mightily impressed with how the Atrium works with that genre.

Apr 30, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #530 of 5,965
Smooth jazz fans will love the Atrium paired with the Burson Soloist 3X/Composer 3X. Listening to Chris Standring's "Ten" this morning out of the balanced connection. How sweet it is! Can't believe that I haven't turned the tubes on for four days.

Apr 30, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #531 of 5,965
Smooth jazz fans will love the Atrium paired with the Burson Soloist 3X/Composer 3X. Listening to Chris Standring's "Ten" this morning out of the balanced connection. How sweet it is! Can't believe that I haven't turned the tubes on for four days.
Just listened to Chris Standring's "Ten". Very nicely mixed album!

Apr 30, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #532 of 5,965
Just listened to Chris Standring's "Ten". Very nicely mixed album!
"Blue Bolero" is another interesting listen. A bit of a more classical feel.

May 1, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #533 of 5,965
Putting the Atrium through its paces
atrium1.jpg

May 1, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #534 of 5,965
I prefer the Auteur pads, which in my ears/gears, slams harder and the staging is more impressive.

When you get a chance, regardless of pads you're using, notice that the bass doesnt impede on the rest of the sound in any way.

Thats the most impressive thing to me.
Are you using the Auteur perforated pads? Lamb, Suede, Hybrid? I'm still swapping pads trying to find my favorite, but I don't have any Auteur perf.

May 1, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #536 of 5,965
Sunday afternoon, enjoying some sweet funk and soul on the Atriums from these guys from Melbourne, Australia: Cookin' on 3 Burners

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #538 of 5,965
Sunday afternoon, enjoying some sweet funk and soul on the Atriums from these guys from Melbourne, Australia: Cookin' on 3 Burners:

I found them on Tidal- great album!
Check out Mama’s Gun- similar type groove-
Soul
also on Tidal.

May 1, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #539 of 5,965
I’ve only had the atrium for a day and a half but I’m actually really liking the way these sound. I’m not much of over ear user(most reviews are IEMs) but after having tested the Hedd heddphone, Meze elite and lcd-5 recently, I can say the atrium was the first headphone that I instantly liked on first listen. I did have a chance to listen to a friends VC while checking out the atrium for an hour or so and I definitely like the sound of the VC over this but I’m a sucker for full sized closed backs.

May 1, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #540 of 5,965
FedEx was playing games so I went to get my set yesterday and I still need to burn in, but the reviewers who said these have big impact and depth were NOT lying. I look forward to getting them burned in and the comparing to my VO and VC. While I LOVE my VC, I am in the small camp of ZMFers who prefers the VO.

Also, I don’t tend to mind the weight of my VO or VC too much, but the new headband is so comfortable, I didn’t think it was necessary but I miiiight have to invest in one for my VC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back