ZMF Atrium Closed - the latest closed back headphone from ZMF
Apr 23, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #3,106 of 3,119
I asume caldera suedes and caldera suedes perf are the same? Because I just asked for an order upgrade and I wouldn't like to mess too much with support.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #3,107 of 3,119
I asume caldera suedes and caldera suedes perf are the same? Because I just asked for an order upgrade and I wouldn't like to mess too much with support.
Yes, correct. Caldera Suede perf

1713884199049.png

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #3,108 of 3,119
Perf. Added caldera suede and bokeh suede too. Thanks everyone ☺️

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #3,109 of 3,119
+6 for Caldera Suede pads..
Oddly, the Caldera Suede pads give the headphone's bass a smidge more linearity. Generally I never use suede as I think it slows down the headphone and adds too much mid bass for my tastes. But with the AC it has the opposite affect. I also have gigantic ears so the thinner the pad the less likely I am to use them. My ears bump up against the inside padding and hurt me, or get too warm on my ears. I have since put the Lambskins back onto the AC and love them with my AC again. Right now, I am 100% lambskin on all of my ZMFs. I have a boat load of suede pads still sitting in my cases probably never to be used. I also have a few pair of BE2's, which I absolutely love, but they cause the headphone to get a little warm on my ears. My first world pad problems.

Use whatever is best for you! But, there is a lot of cumulative advice in this thread from people who have a ton of experience with AC. Start there....

Apr 23, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #3,110 of 3,119
Oddly, the Caldera Suede pads give the headphone's bass a smidge more linearity. Generally I never use suede as I think it slows down the headphone and adds too much mid bass for my tastes. But with the AC it has the opposite affect. I also have gigantic ears so the thinner the pad the less likely I am to use them. My ears bump up against the inside padding and hurt me, or get too warm on my ears. I have since put the Lambskins back onto the AC and love them with my AC again. Right now, I am 100% lambskin on all of my ZMFs. I have a boat load of suede pads still sitting in my cases probably never to be used. I also have a few pair of BE2's, which I absolutely love, but they cause the headphone to get a little warm on my ears. My first world pad problems.

Use whatever is best for you! But, there is a lot of cumulative advice in this thread from people who have a ton of experience with AC. Start there....

yea, I normally don't use suede either, this is an exception. with the AC specifically I found out it offered a "cleaner" bass; still very elevated but less bleed and more clean transition into the mids, which I really love. but can completely see folks loving the stock thin lamb; it was a bit too much for me (I listen mostly to jazz, vocal, acoustic music; and a bit of everything else beyond).

Apr 29, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #3,119 of 3,119
Today i received my custom cable from Rotmann's Cables and i am completely thrilled by the color matching and the build quality :k701smile:

ZMF-Atrium-Closed.jpeg

ZMF-Atrium-Closed-3.jpeg

Very beautiful combo HP+Cable! One of the best I can remember. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back