ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Dec 24, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #5,221 of 6,741
Thanks for the advice. I'll wait for the new headband then. But since the strap doesn't actually touch the headband when I'm wearing it, can the crescent band make any difference?

I don't have the stock leather one. I ordered mine with suede strap. Can I order the stock strap? I only see the suede strap on ZMF website:
https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/collections/pads/products/suede-strap
Here you go https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/collections/pads/products/zmf-cowhide-band

Dec 24, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #5,222 of 6,741
Dec 26, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #5,224 of 6,741
I have installed the new mesh and I think that the aeolus now is more airy, a little more open and precise. Also the bass seens more firm and the all sound more crisp. At the monent I have the universe perforated suede pads but, with these new grilles, I think that the Aeolus original pads could have a new life.
Strange that Zach said that the new grilles should be equal to the old ones…..

How can I buy this new mesh? Also I have seen comments here and on Reddit of an updated head band? It is possible to buy these and swap them on my existing Aeolus??

Dec 26, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #5,226 of 6,741
Yes, you can buy and swap them yourself. Go to ZMF website and they are under DIY PARTS.

Cool. Thanks. I don't see the head band there though. The mesh has two different options. Has anyone tried the Auteur mesh on the Aeolus or vice versa?

Dec 26, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #5,228 of 6,741
I

The Crescent headband isn't listed yet. January maybe? I believe Zach had said it would be user replaceable.

Oh okay cool. Is this the full headband or just the strap on the underside of the metal/leather covered band? It would be nice to see some photos if anyone has some.

Dec 26, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #5,229 of 6,741
it is the headband,the strap is „normal“ leather

Attachments

• E082D29E-849C-4117-AB53-774EE8229506.jpeg
    E082D29E-849C-4117-AB53-774EE8229506.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Dec 26, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #5,231 of 6,741
I self applied the Aeolus mesh replacement. I had some challenges getting it to feel taut but I don’t think that ultimately matters too much. It was easy otherwise, an dim super clumsy. I did not notice a huge change in the sound, though I *think* I did. Cleaner and clearer. But the big difference was the lack of audible mesh flex that the Bopp filter was giving me, so it’s a win win.

I haven’t updated the thread since I got it, but my upgraded and serviced BH Crack is back in and it’s a perfect tubey complement to the cleaner SW51. Comparing tubes to to tubes, but both are so wonderful yet so different.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #5,232 of 6,741
How does the crescent band feel compared to the regular?

the inside of the headband is softer and you have more comfort,the weight from the VC on the pic has 590 grams, after 3 min it doesnt feel u have the VC on your head,for me it feels much better, but i think you only need it for massiv weight ZMFs like Ironwood or Blackwood

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #5,233 of 6,741
I self applied the Aeolus mesh replacement. I had some challenges getting it to feel taut but I don’t think that ultimately matters too much. It was easy otherwise, an dim super clumsy. I did not notice a huge change in the sound, though I *think* I did. Cleaner and clearer. But the big difference was the lack of audible mesh flex that the Bopp filter was giving me, so it’s a win win.
The older filter on my Aeolus also scratches the earpad cloth so I can't rotate it easily. I'll wait for crescent band so I can order both the headband and the new mesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back