ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Aug 24, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #1,666 of 6,741
Going to be putting an order in for these soon (not sure if i'm jumping on the LTD or not yet). Does anyone have any experience with the various upgraded cables ZMF offers? Considering getting the Michanikos, so I'm wondering if it ads anything other than pure aesthetic.

Aug 24, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #1,667 of 6,741
Going to be putting an order in for these soon (not sure if i'm jumping on the LTD or not yet). Does anyone have any experience with the various upgraded cables ZMF offers? Considering getting the Michanikos, so I'm wondering if it ads anything other than pure aesthetic.
I ordered the Michanikos, and enjoy them from pure aesthetic/construction prespective. Cannot tell a difference in sound quality.

Aug 24, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #1,668 of 6,741
I ordered the Michanikos, and enjoy them from pure aesthetic/construction prespective. Cannot tell a difference in sound quality.
From my personal experience: in general, cables make very small difference in sound quality. It is there, but not nearly as big as the difference an amp or the pads would make!

Aug 25, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #1,671 of 6,741
I'm sorry if I caused harm! Just a little joke. Some people aren't in tune with each other when it comes to humour.

Anyways, has anyone got any information on how the aeolus compares to Zach' t50 mods - specifically the ori? The nice man named @Wes S has helped me with this but I need someone else to push me over the edge. Thanks!

Aug 25, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #1,673 of 6,741
I've now had my Aeolus long enough to worry about care. I've been using Martin guitar cleaner for the wood due to a recommendation on here, but what about the pads and headband? Is there a product that works especially well, or should I just use whatever I'd use on my car's interior?
I use leather protection cream on my leather earpads which helps to keep them in tip-top condition - like this www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Protection_Cream?si=500&gclid=CjwKCAjw44jrBRAHEiwAZ9igKGWw50RsXt9ZjzPXARhqvXBbFo57-REVjWW8e0gSS-HU7jdx0Yi70hoCIZYQAvD_BwE

It's expensive but you only need a tiny bit every now and then and it smells really, really good.

I think you can also use standard leather conditioner like used in cars et cetera, so I think you should be fine.

Aug 25, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #1,674 of 6,741
Ok, as a fellow whiskey and audio lover, I feel obligated to jump in... RB15 is a nice treat! Try the RB12 cask strength if you havent... well worth the extra $20-$30 over the standard RB12. I found a deal on a bottle of RB21 a year ago that I couldn't pass up, but waiting for an extra special occasion to crack it open. Back to the RB15... if you enjoy that, Yellowspot is another fantastic irish pour at a similar price. Enjoy!

One picture and we can now return to our scheduled programming :p
IMG_20190824_220431005.jpg

Enjoy!
Kelvin

Aug 25, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #1,676 of 6,741
One picture and we can now return to our scheduled programming :p

Enjoy!
Kelvin

Nice! I have to say I'm liking this other program! Maybe it is time to create a thread for us whiskey connoisseurs so we don't muck up this lovely Aeolus thread too much.

Only thing missing from your line-up is the recently made available Redspot. I picked one up in PA a few months ago, but haven't cracked it.

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #1,677 of 6,741
Nice! I have to say I'm liking this other program! Maybe it is time to create a thread for us whiskey connoisseurs so we don't muck up this lovely Aeolus thread too much.

Only thing missing from your line-up is the recently made available Redspot. I picked one up in PA a few months ago, but haven't cracked it.
Reddit has a drunk Hi-Fi thread...maybe a similar thread here?

Aug 25, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #1,678 of 6,741

Back home we don't have many choices, so I'm mostly buying what I need when I travel.

Redspot and something from Teeling are my next buy :)

Kelvin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back