ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Oct 30, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #106 of 6,734
13D1 driver 6080 output sounds really good to me driving the Auteur.

Agreed - I've been using 6080's primarily. The 6336 is nice but I like my amperex 6080 pair by a hair.

Whats the approximate weight on these? Do they use the new magnesium chassis?

490g. Updated the site to show that too. Do you guys want an option to add the magnesium chassis for LTD editions that might be heavier? We won't be able to do it on STD woods because we don't want to add SKU's and all that, and the weight is already less, but we can save those 33g's on the heavier woods. The cost is significant for magnesium though.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 30, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #107 of 6,734
Agreed - I've been using 6080's primarily. The 6336 is nice but I like my amperex 6080 pair by a hair.

490g. Updated the site to show that too. Do you guys want an option to add the magnesium chassis for LTD editions that might be heavier? We won't be able to do it on STD woods because we don't want to add SKU's and all that, and the weight is already less, but we can save those 33g's on the heavier woods. The cost is significant for magnesium though.

Omigod...I was already obsessing over this HP, and now the possibility of magnesium pops up. Intriguing!

What exactly does polished magnesium look like? I'm thinking sorta like a shiny version of titanium...? Or do you finish it in some other manner?

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #108 of 6,734

Zach, the amount of detail and voice you give to the customers is amazing.... I would love the option for the magnesium chassis on the LTD editions. Hoping that pre prod grill you had at rmaf will be available as well :)

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #109 of 6,734
dang. . i'd pay extra if I could get an Aeolus with Sapele and a magnesium chassis!

(i'm sensitive to weight) That color and texture gives off a rice cracker/umami feeling to it that I really love!

Oct 30, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #110 of 6,734

Options are always nice, but honestly the suspension system hides the weight so well, I don't think I'd buy magnesium frames myself.

Unless they looked amazing. Did I miss something? Is there a photo of these on somewhere?

Oct 30, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #111 of 6,734
Well, we don't know how much magnesium frames cost, so there's that. + we really need to see how this metal looks when finished.

Zach pretty obviously has a terrific eye for matching woods & metal. My guess is magnesium + zircote (isn't that the upgrade wood?) would knock my eyes out...

Oct 30, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #113 of 6,734
I'm pretty sure it will look the same as the frame would be painted black. I was hoping that the magnesium frame would be the same price as what is listed :x

The cost is significant for magnesium though.

Reread Zach's post. I doubt it would be the price that's currently listed. Probably have to charge more.

Oct 31, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #115 of 6,734
Do we typically see reviews of ZMF headphones before they're in the hands of actual buyers? I'm really interested in the Aeolus which pre-order starts in about two weeks but information on them is scant.

Oct 31, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #116 of 6,734
Do we typically see reviews of ZMF headphones before they're in the hands of actual buyers? I'm really interested in the Aeolus which pre-order starts in about two weeks but information on them is scant.
Some should be coming soon, Zach sent review sets out to a few not long ago.

I'm anxiously looking forward as well.

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #117 of 6,734
Hmm... I wonder what's in the box.

IMG_20181031_193225.jpg

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #118 of 6,734
Oct 31, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #119 of 6,734

Users who are viewing this thread

Back