1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by smodtactical, Oct 5, 2018.
First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last
  1. SLC1966
    Excellent review. Easy to read and still with detail. Kudos.

2. heliosphann
    Which pads did you use for you review??? I prefer the Verite pads on the Aeolus by a fair margin compared to the Universe pads.

3. ahmedie
    I heard aeolus and verite today. I prefered aeolus by big margine bcz fun sound is my preference. Verite only sound good with good recording and sound bad with lower quality music. Aeolus have taller sound stage, big bass, and render insturment bigger than real size. Verite have Utopia like speed which make everything overly detailed and quit bright compare to aeolus, insturment have more texture. But really only 2 of 10 song will sound good bcz of unforgiving tuning.

4. gLer
    I suspect your post just made a lot of critical listeners and ‘purists’ very excited about the Vérité!

misericorde88, ahmedie and zach915m like this.
  5. mysticstryk
    I used the Universe pads.

zach915m likes this.
  6. heliosphann
    When you want to listen to the Aeolus and you have a head cold...

[​IMG]

jinxy245, ProfFalkin and Bern2 like this.
  7. ProfFalkin
    That's when you take a Mucinex and Sudafed, put on the Eikons and some EDM and pound that phlegm loose.

Wes S, Impulse, Bern2 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Pharmaboy
    This post belongs in the phlegm thread. What were you thinking?

jinxy245 and heliosphann like this.
  9. ProfFalkin
    You're right. I'll cross post to the phlegm thread.

Wes S likes this.
  10. jinxy245
    Wow...harsh.

Funny as hell....but harsh.

ProfFalkin likes this.
  11. heliosphann
    Sounds like we've got us a Sour Sally... :grinning:

And also kinda ironic as Zach has said in the past he's tuned several of his headphones on his Master 11.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  12. jinxy245
    Not even a little! Neither sour nor Sally :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

I hesitate to call gear Phlegm though. Since I haven't heard the item in question it may very well be though....

13. heliosphann
    Whoops, I forgot to add the quote you were replying to. That's who I was referring to.

jinxy245 likes this.
  14. ProfFalkin
    The Master 11 must be the Unicorn of the AGD line up, because all of the other stuff off theirs I've heard was warm, goopy, audio phlegm. Ymmv

Wildcatsare1 likes this.
  15. lentoviolento
    i don't know what phlegm means but i had nfb11, nfb 11 r2r, nfb1 and c2. the nfb1 is the most balanced and neutral amp i had. as neutral as gilmore lite mk2 but with more power and better volume control.

First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last