ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Dec 7, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #301 of 6,741
Noticed there was not a product page here on Head-Fi for the Aeolus yet (was trying to find a place to put my review other than just in this thread). I decided to create a product page and put my review in there, if anyone else wants to add their impressions and reviews there so they are easy to find.

Link: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/zmf-aeolus.23472/
Excellent review. Easy to read and still with detail. Kudos.

Dec 7, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #302 of 6,741
Noticed there was not a product page here on Head-Fi for the Aeolus yet (was trying to find a place to put my review other than just in this thread). I decided to create a product page and put my review in there, if anyone else wants to add their impressions and reviews there so they are easy to find.

Link: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/zmf-aeolus.23472/

Which pads did you use for you review??? I prefer the Verite pads on the Aeolus by a fair margin compared to the Universe pads.

Dec 8, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #303 of 6,741
I heard aeolus and verite today. I prefered aeolus by big margine bcz fun sound is my preference. Verite only sound good with good recording and sound bad with lower quality music. Aeolus have taller sound stage, big bass, and render insturment bigger than real size. Verite have Utopia like speed which make everything overly detailed and quit bright compare to aeolus, insturment have more texture. But really only 2 of 10 song will sound good bcz of unforgiving tuning.

Dec 8, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #304 of 6,741
I heard aeolus and verite today. I prefered aeolus by big margine bcz fun sound is my preference. Verite only sound good with good recording and sound bad with lower quality music. Aeolus have taller sound stage, big bass, and render insturment bigger than real size. Verite have Utopia like speed which make everything overly detailed and quit bright compare to aeolus, insturment have more texture. But really only 2 of 10 song will sound good bcz of unforgiving tuning.
I suspect your post just made a lot of critical listeners and ‘purists’ very excited about the Vérité!

Dec 8, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #306 of 6,741
When you want to listen to the Aeolus and you have a head cold...

giphy.gif

Dec 8, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #307 of 6,741
When you want to listen to the Aeolus and you have a head cold...

giphy.gif
That's when you take a Mucinex and Sudafed, put on the Eikons and some EDM and pound that phlegm loose.

Dec 10, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #309 of 6,741
Dec 10, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #311 of 6,741
Wow...harsh.

Funny as hell....but harsh.

Sounds like we've got us a Sour Sally... :grinning:

And also kinda ironic as Zach has said in the past he's tuned several of his headphones on his Master 11.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #312 of 6,741
Sounds like we've got us a Sour Sally... :grinning:

And also kinda ironic as Zach has said in the past he's tuned several of his headphones on his Master 11.
Not even a little! Neither sour nor Sally :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

I hesitate to call gear Phlegm though. Since I haven't heard the item in question it may very well be though....

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #313 of 6,741
Not even a little! Neither sour nor Sally :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

I hesitate to call gear Phlegm though. Since I haven't heard the item in question it may very well be though....

Whoops, I forgot to add the quote you were replying to. That's who I was referring to.

Dec 10, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #314 of 6,741
The Master 11 must be the Unicorn of the AGD line up, because all of the other stuff off theirs I've heard was warm, goopy, audio phlegm. Ymmv

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #315 of 6,741
The Master 11 must be the Unicorn of the AGD line up, because all of the other stuff off theirs I've heard was warm, goopy, audio phlegm. Ymmv

i don't know what phlegm means but i had nfb11, nfb 11 r2r, nfb1 and c2. the nfb1 is the most balanced and neutral amp i had. as neutral as gilmore lite mk2 but with more power and better volume control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back