ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 9, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #541 of 1,497
  Thank you guys for all the helpful suggestions. Some good news: that FiiO DAC is the only one that cuts in and out. iPhone is fine, S7 + Dragonfly is fine, Oppo HA-2 is fine. 

The sounds seems to be getting better. The treble and bass are much more noticeable now, but the mids still sound very veiled to me. I'm burning them in now as we speak and will let that run overnight if I can figure out how. Either way, I voiced my concern to HCK and we will see what he says (Jim I think). I think I may be in the clear after the burn-in. I cannot believe how different they sound already from just a few hours ago. I never heard a drastic difference from twisting the cable, though. They just seemed to slowly improve hour by hour of music playback. I know burn-in is important and more so on some, but I have never had a pair that sounded like complete crap and then came alive after a few hours. Odd. 

Will report back ASAP. 

-Collin-

which fiio dac u are using? cause i tested with fiio x3k so far ok..but the sound is a lil bit veil using fiio. When use with iphone 6 plus or cayin n6 it is much more better..

and i think the output from chord mojo provide the best sq

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #542 of 1,497
  which fiio dac u are using? cause i tested with fiio x3k so far ok..but the sound is a lil bit veil using fiio. When use with iphone 6 plus or cayin n6 it is much more better..

and i think the output from chord mojo provide the best sq

The E17 gave me trouble (and just realized my prior post had a typo of E18 which I also have but have not tried it yet). 

-Collin-

Jun 10, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #549 of 1,497
So you kept DQSM over QT5? Or those are also going when Andromeda comes.

Jupiter and coming Andromeda will be collection IEMs he he
6EBAEC14-3405-4749-ACEB-7B44079B011D_zpspmygh9vf.jpg

Jun 10, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #550 of 1,497
Thank you guys for all the helpful suggestions. Some good news: that FiiO DAC is the only one that cuts in and out. iPhone is fine, S7 + Dragonfly is fine, Oppo HA-2 is fine. 

The sounds seems to be getting better. The treble and bass are much more noticeable now, but the mids still sound very veiled to me. I'm burning them in now as we speak and will let that run overnight if I can figure out how. Either way, I voiced my concern to HCK and we will see what he says (Jim I think). I think I may be in the clear after the burn-in. I cannot believe how different they sound already from just a few hours ago. I never heard a drastic difference from twisting the cable, though. They just seemed to slowly improve hour by hour of music playback. I know burn-in is important and more so on some, but I have never had a pair that sounded like complete crap and then came alive after a few hours. Odd. 

Will report back ASAP. 

-Collin-

Thats great news! Out of the 14 or so IEMs purchased over the past three months Ive never experienced such a dramatic improvement from burn as with the QT5s ! Its a pity YhinZin doesnt provide info with the QT5s explaining they require a timeline of burnin / or their manufacturer QC performs at least 24hours burn in.. might prevent the odd customer sending them back dissapointed. I was impressed by mine OOTB but also new thx to bhazard , Paulus and Carlsan what to expect OOTB.

Am finally past the 100 hour mark now and noticing more warmth , clarity and refinement , the mids more fluid and detailed. .trebles always been a marvel . really phenomenal !:k701smile:

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #553 of 1,497
Maybe some one fall in love with these :D
QT5 are prefect to me, just slightly heavy than what I can't expected

QT5s definately have density ..
Really enjoyed and admired the Shozy Zeros for their comfort and lightness inear.. am finding QT5s comfortable for extended listening but have to wear them over ear as they fall out with cable hanging down .. an issue I had with the Fidue A83s was that after several hours my ears got sore. still the A83s have been my go to reference to gage burn in progression with these QT5s.. :tongue_smile:

Jun 10, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #554 of 1,497
Been researching sources in particular smart phones with decent audio output , turns out my ageing note 4 (Exynos version) has been granted a Wolfson WM5110E Audio Hub CODEC which explains why it sounds so good especially through Neutron running quality IEMs . Will skip the S7 and see what the Note 6 has in store in October.. or perhaps jump ship entirely to HTC 10 or something :ph34r: :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back