ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 9, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #526 of 1,497

I also wouldn't wait till 100 hours to see if it gets better, i am pretty sure your return window is shorter than that. So keep that in mind. 

Definitely agree. 

On another note, could anyone recommend a good (comparable SOUND quality to the original cable) cable that can be worn down? I am not a fan of over-ear cables and this one seems pretty uncomfortable to me. I'll replace the cable if I can get these sounding good. 

-Collin-

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #534 of 1,497

I should sell mine? The defective ones?! :)

-Collin-

I would a day or two at most, then get a replacement or refund. Its a manufacturing defect and you shouldn't have to pay return shipping for a product this expensive. I am sure you can work something out with the vendor. A new replacement unit perhaps. 

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #536 of 1,497
  Give it some time and tinkering, at least a day or two's worth plus burn in. If all else fails I'll walk you through the Aliexpress "dispute" process. I'm sure they'll be very helpful in getting a replacement.

I hope more units aren't like this where you have to tinker with the cables  
eek.gif
  I would be scared of accidentally messing up the MMCX socket. I hope they fix this in a new batch or something. Seems pretty ridiculous for something in this price range...

Hopefully he gets his issues sorted out :)

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #537 of 1,497
I hope more units aren't like this where you have to tinker with the cables  :eek:   I would be scared of accidentally messing up the MMCX socket. I hope they fix this in a new batch or something. Seems pretty ridiculous for something in this price range...

Hopefully he gets his issues sorted out :)

I would guess they're racing to get them made to keep up with the unexpected demand and quality might suffer in some cases

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #538 of 1,497
  Give it some time and tinkering, at least a day or two's worth plus burn in. If all else fails I'll walk you through the Aliexpress "dispute" process. I'm sure they'll be very helpful in getting a replacement.

This! Contact the Shenzin HCK about any concerns they are awesome and will take care of you.  As your QT5s sound like they are beginning to come out and play  I would consider asking him to give you 4-5 days or so  to decide if there is manufacturer issue or not. Am sure he will think this is reasonable. Then I highly recommend letting your QT5s run overnight and pop then on your ears each morning the gage SQ. Unless you find they are cutting out intermittently on multiple sources I think your going to be happy :) 

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #540 of 1,497
Thank you guys for all the helpful suggestions. Some good news: that FiiO DAC is the only one that cuts in and out. iPhone is fine, S7 + Dragonfly is fine, Oppo HA-2 is fine. 

The sounds seems to be getting better. The treble and bass are much more noticeable now, but the mids still sound very veiled to me. I'm burning them in now as we speak and will let that run overnight if I can figure out how. Either way, I voiced my concern to HCK and we will see what he says (Jim I think). I think I may be in the clear after the burn-in. I cannot believe how different they sound already from just a few hours ago. I never heard a drastic difference from twisting the cable, though. They just seemed to slowly improve hour by hour of music playback. I know burn-in is important and more so on some, but I have never had a pair that sounded like complete crap and then came alive after a few hours. Odd. 

Will report back ASAP. 

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back