Zhaolu 2.0 ARRIVED!!! IMPRESSION INSIDE!
Aug 2, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #781 of 858
This would probably be more entertaining if I didn't get such a terrible headache from trying to comprehend someone's posts...
redface.gif

Aug 2, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #782 of 858
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerWilco
But there was not proof if it really did anything or not.But for 45$ it is not like much money was lost if not.

LOL...nice save. I don't know about you, but $45 is a significant amount of money to me, and I'd sure as heck not appreciate paying $45 for something that doesn't work. Making it optional but still advertising it as an upgrade is still a problem if it's a farce. Trying to play it off as no big deal while trying to turn attention towards Ken doesn't make it any better.

Aug 2, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #783 of 858
Quote:

I have no dought that pro stormtroopers will appear and call it all lies and tell me to get the hell out.

LOL! I'm sorry but comments like this are just so side splittingly funny to me! Somebody in the current D02 thread had said something about the "zhaolu mafia", and now we have the stormtroopers!

Stormtroopers vs. the Zhaolu Mafia! Who will win?

Aug 2, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #784 of 858
Quote:

There ya go again trying to throw the light off of you.

You are the one that admitted you were connected to storm akwok.I did not hear the story later(well i was only relaying info to him).

So you say we take your word for it that you recieved nothing free from storm.I believe that like i beleive our politicians.

I wish i had recieved some free units.Hell i even asked eddie for an extra discount and he told me everyone gets the same price.

You know it is funny that you keep saying the same thing over and over again.You would think you had better things to come up with.

First off i never sold the units at one time.I sold off when i upgraded to a new mod.Just made sense.Now if i had 20 units that would have been another story.

Oh yeah. I have so many Storm D02s, that's why I'm still using the one without toslink, without cap upgrades, and without the new chassis. Excellent logic again!

Hmm. That's totally different than the story you told before. Last time, you said you were helping your friend sell their 2.0's. So what's the real deal?

I guess you had 4-5 speaker rigs, and you had to use them all concurrently, so when you upgraded to the 2.0 you had to sell all of the 1.3s at once. I am sorry for mistaking you, then. I forgot that a lot of people used 5 DACs at once, oops!

Aug 2, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #785 of 858
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Oh yeah. I have so many Storm D02s, that's why I'm still using the one without toslink, without cap upgrades, and without the new chassis. Excellent logic again!

Hmm. That's totally different than the story you told before. Last time, you said you were helping your friend sell their 2.0's. So what's the real deal?

I guess you had 4-5 speaker rigs, and you had to use them all concurrently, so when you upgraded to the 2.0 you had to sell all of the 1.3s at once. I am sorry for mistaking you, then. I forgot that a lot of people used 5 DACs at once, oops!

Akwok--you give idiots a bad name

You make so much stuff up.I really think you have some serious issues.

Aug 2, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #786 of 858
Sorry I was a little late I had to update my signature.

Aug 2, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #787 of 858
Quote:

Akwok--you give idiots a bad name

You make so much stuff up.I really think you have some serious issues.

LOL. Making stuff up? Shouldn't I be telling this to you?

Anyways, here are the clock mod posts you were requesting. Even your good friend Ori says the clock mod doesn't do anything.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...&postcount=632

Let me get some more, there's a lot of posts to sift through in that thread..

Did Eddie refund anyone yet by the way?

Aug 2, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #789 of 858
Sense i am not connected to eddie i do not know.I do remember so post where people had claimed eddie would refund there money on the upgrade if they decide against it.All $45 of it.Man thats alot of money

EDIT--i am amazed i have not been told to get the hell out of this thread yet by a storm trooper.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 2, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #790 of 858
Aug 2, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #792 of 858
Quote:

Sense i am not connected to eddie i do not know.I do remember so post where people had claimed eddie would refund there money on the upgrade if they decide against it.All $45 of it.Man thats alot of money

EDIT--i am amazed i have not been told to get the hell out of this thread yet by a storm trooper.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Why would they need to when you contradict yourself over and over again? You think of yourself too highly.

A $45 fake mod for a $150 DAC, is actually quite a bit of money, don't you think? Can you help me dig up those posts where people claimed Eddie would refund them?

It's kinda funny, actually. It wasn't very important back then, because there was just so much hype for the Zhaolu. But for some odd reason you decided to bring it back up again, right upfront to the public - I don't think your master Eddie is going to be too happy about that.

Aug 2, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #793 of 858
Quote:

Speculation

where are the facts

Ori posted the facts.

Unless you're saying Ori is wrong..

Aug 2, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #794 of 858
Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif

$45 might not be a lot to you, but let's break this down further. The DAC costs...let's say $200. $45 is 22.5% of the cost of the DAC. That's a lot of money to waste on a DAC that costs so little.

Here's another angle. Let's say Eddie performed 50 clock mods. That means he's $2,250 in the green while 50 unlucky customers are $45 in the red. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Aug 2, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #795 of 858
Quote:

Speculation

where are the facts

Where is the speculation? You can determine this simply by looking at the datasheets for the parts, as Ori noted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back