Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 5, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #619 of 6,090
I hope Im happy with mine!
Driver flex was not mentioned before..so kinda worrying lol
Maybe I should have gone for AT CKN70s!

Dude stop acting so uncertain.

Sounds like this is gonna be the only iem purchase of your life lol

No one got driver flex from Basso's before, maybe Quarter is just unlucky that only his got it.

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #621 of 6,090
Quote:
ha ha

true

maybe at xmas I will upgrade again!

Dont think of it as an upgrade, think like you're expanding your collection. :wink:

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #622 of 6,090
Quote:

Dont think of it as an upgrade, think like you're expanding your collection. :wink:

At the point where it becomes a collection, you pretty much have no choice but to start thinking that way lol!

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #623 of 6,090
Quote:

At the point where it becomes a collection, you pretty much have no choice but to start thinking that way lol!

Yeah, and then comes the point when all your friends start thinking you're crazy...

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #625 of 6,090
Jul 5, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #626 of 6,090
Quote:

You should mate!!

Having an IEM collection makes you feel as powerful as superman!

You are right! I'm becoming stronger as my collection is getting bigger and bigger :wink:

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #627 of 6,090
Quote:
I dont want  acollection! ha ha
I dont use any IEMS I replace.
Basso's will be my third proper IEM.
Before that I used cheap £10 Sony ones and before that free ones bundled with MP3s.

Well, they will cost you $65, and they are really great. Nobody can tell you if they will be the perfect iem for you, so at some point you just have to take your chances. But based on the overwhelming positive feedback, you can feel fairly safe about starting your collection and getting them lol.

As far as driver flex is concerned, I have it to varying degrees with various iems. The worst is with the R1's - somewhat irritating crackling. The next worst is the VSD1 - the right driver stops producing sound, so I have to adjust it a bit to get sound coming out again. I hear it slightly with my H-200's sometimes - a very like crinkling noise when manhandling the one of the drivers in my ear (but it happens rarely when adjusting it, and when it does happen, it's barely noticeable to me so inconsequential). I don't get any with my Bassos though (maybe it's because the R1/M6 bi flanged tips reduce it). I think it has a lot to do with your ear canal size and shape, and the tips used, and the iems, and your tolerance.

In summary: do NOT hold back on getting the Bassos due to fear of driver flex, that's for sure.

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #628 of 6,090
Quote:

Well, they will cost you $65, and they are really great. Nobody can tell you if they will be the perfect iem for you, so at some point you just have to take your chances. But based on the overwhelming positive feedback, you can feel fairly safe about starting your collection and getting them lol.

As far as driver flex is concerned, I have it to varying degrees with various iems. The worst is with the R1's - somewhat irritating crackling. The next worst is the VSD1 - the right driver stops producing sound, so I have to adjust it a bit to get sound coming out again. I hear it slightly with my H-200's sometimes - a very like crinkling noise when manhandling the one of the drivers in my ear (but it happens rarely when adjusting it, and when it does happen, it's barely noticeable to me so inconsequential). I don't get any with my Bassos though (maybe it's because the R1/M6 bi flanged tips reduce it). I think it has a lot to do with your ear canal size and shape, and the tips used, and the iems, and your tolerance.

In summary: do NOT hold back on getting the Bassos due to fear of driver flex, that's for sure.

Cheers :)

Jul 6, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #629 of 6,090
Quote:
I personally wouldn't use foam tips unless you want them to sound more darker. The trick with the Bassos is you have to make them sound more airy and brighter which is what the meelec bi-flanges do.

If foam tips are your only option, go for the Ts version for the least dark sounding result.

Ah I see thanks. I ordered some clear meelec bi-flanges. They should actually be coming in today or tomorrow. Meh I wish my ear canals were symmetrical. For now I'm using a small tip on the right earphone and a medium tip on the left earphone lol

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #630 of 6,090
Ah I see thanks. I ordered some clear meelec bi-flanges. They should actually be coming in today or tomorrow. Meh I wish my ear canals were symmetrical. For now I'm using a small tip on the right earphone and a medium tip on the left earphone lol

Just do whatever works for you mate. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back