Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #571 of 6,090
^ +1

Jul 1, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #573 of 6,090
Quote:
Ah murphy's law huh. But how can I lose 1 pair if they're on my earphones?? :O

I've had to go searching a few times for my R1 tips that fell off of the Bassos. They fit on and stay on well enough, but I clip the cable to my shirt, and let the bassos hang on my chest when not in use, and I have a bad habit of folding my arms on top of them which occasionally pops them off. So that's why I bought 3 pairs! 

Edit: another reason to get 3 pairs is because the M6 tips seems to work for me pretty well on various iem's. For instance, they also sound pretty good on the cheapo monoprice 8320's - I'm actually surprised how good they sound - there's even some bass happening!

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #575 of 6,090
Edit: another reason to get 3 pairs is because the M6 tips seems to work for me pretty well on various iem's. For instance, they also sound pretty good on the cheapo monoprice 8320's - I'm actually surprised how good they sound - there's even some bass happening!

Very true!

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #576 of 6,090

Aww man my Bassos are busted. Right side audio quieter than the left.

Quick update on this. Turns out they're not busted. Confused though; I plugged them into my phone and one side was basically dead. Woke up the next day and tried again and they work and have been for the past week, so not quite sure what happened there? 

I need to try and sort a problem I have though; when I plug them into my computer, the wire keeps getting caught sort of under the arm on my chair so I have to be careful that I don't turn to the left too quick as the wire gets stuck and could end up ripping the IEMs out of my 3.5mm port. I'm not quite sure how I can get them to stop getting stuck?

Also, what tips are recommended for the Carbo Bassos now? Are there any that improve the sound?

Jul 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #577 of 6,090
Quick update on this. Turns out they're not busted. Confused though; I plugged them into my phone and one side was basically dead. Woke up the next day and tried again and they work and have been for the past week, so not quite sure what happened there? 

I need to try and sort a problem I have though; when I plug them into my computer, the wire keeps getting caught sort of under the arm on my chair so I have to be careful that I don't turn to the left too quick as the wire gets stuck and could end up ripping the IEMs out of my 3.5mm port. I'm not quite sure how I can get them to stop getting stuck?

Also, what tips are recommended for the Carbo Bassos now? Are there any that improve the sound?

It could be just that you didint plug the jack into the source fully when you had only got one side working.

Best tips are the MEElec M6 bi-flanges as described in the OP and discussed over the last few pages.

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #579 of 6,090
Quote:
Hmm, it doesn't mention what size the double flanges are? I guess they are medium sized?

Not too sure whether to go for clear or black..

There is only one size.  People said clear are softer than black, but no difference in sound.

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #580 of 6,090
Jul 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #581 of 6,090
Quote:

Maybe driver flex and it got stuck for a while?

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #583 of 6,090
Quote:
Maybe driver flex and it got stuck for a while?

Fwiw, that hasn't happened for me with the Bassos (or the H-200's yet), but it happens all of the time with the right driver of my VSD1's. Often when I insert it, the driver  produces no sound until I jiggle it around or shift it a bit, and then presto - sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back