Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #556 of 6,090
Jul 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #557 of 6,090
Quote:

@Lifted and Wayne
The M6 bi-flanges have finally arrived! They are perfect for the Bassos because the soundstage is definitely more wider. Aside from that, those tips allow the high end to sparkle a bit more making the Basso sound slightly U-shape which I like heaps! Definitely the perfect tips, even better than the H200 clear silicone tips that I've been using prior to the M6 bi-flanges.

I tried the tips on the H200 but sibilance becomes an issue.

Tried them on the XBA 3, and they are wonderful paired with my new filter mod.

Awesome d marc0! Glad they are working for you. 
size]

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #561 of 6,090
Quote:

@Lifted and Wayne
The M6 bi-flanges have finally arrived! They are perfect for the Bassos because the soundstage is definitely more wider. Aside from that, those tips allow the high end to sparkle a bit more making the Basso sound slightly U-shape which I like heaps! Definitely the perfect tips, even better than the H200 clear silicone tips that I've been using prior to the M6 bi-flanges.

I tried the tips on the H200 but sibilance becomes an issue.

Tried them on the XBA 3, and they are wonderful paired with my new filter mod.

Man I'm tempted to just buy the M6 tips off of ebay... but I could get them for free! If only I can find the lost earphones 
frown.gif

Did you get black or clear btw? If I do order I might get clear but not sure how it'd look. Although I suppose that it doesn't really matter as the tips are going into my ear anyway...lol

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #562 of 6,090
Im pretty sure the clear are actually a touch softer than the black.  Maybe just me but i prefer the clear, but ive also used one of each and couldnt tell difference honestly.  Sound wise, i dont think theres any difference

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #563 of 6,090
Im pretty sure the clear are actually a touch softer than the black.  Maybe just me but i prefer the clear, but ive also used one of each and couldnt tell difference honestly.  Sound wise, i dont think theres any difference

+1

I got both as well and the clear ones are definitely a tad softer on the ear. Sound signature remains the same.

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #564 of 6,090
Quote:

Man I'm tempted to just buy the M6 tips off of ebay... but I could get them for free! If only I can find the lost earphones 
frown.gif

Did you get black or clear btw? If I do order I might get clear but not sure how it'd look. Although I suppose that it doesn't really matter as the tips are going into my ear anyway...lol

I got a pair of M6s back at my folks house but lost the double flange too so just bought 3 pairs from ebay!
Chose clear ones, cant test em out on my GR06 as they dont fit right so waiting for my Basso!

Jul 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #565 of 6,090
Quote:
+1

I got both as well and the clear ones are definitely a tad softer on the ear. Sound signature remains the same.

How much would you say the SQ improves with the meelec tips? I can get a good seal with the stock tips now but I'm interested in trying out the meelec tips. Not sure if I'd want to spend 5 dollars just for some tips I possibly could find at home. Actually I'd probably go for 3 pair just in case one gets damaged or something so that'd be 8 dollars. I'm so cheap... :|

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #566 of 6,090
Quote:

How much would you say the SQ improves with the meelec tips? I can get a good seal with the stock tips now but I'm interested in trying out the meelec tips. Not sure if I'd want to spend 5 dollars just for some tips I possibly could find at home. Actually I'd probably go for 3 pair just in case one gets damaged or something so that'd be 8 dollars. I'm so cheap... :|

I got the black ones and wished I ordered the clear ones instead, I didn't know they were softer. They black ones are a bit difficult to insert in my ear canal because I got really small ears but once they're there, it's all good.

Compared to the stock tips, the Meelec M6 bi-flanges improves soundstage width drastically plus you get more sparkle in the high frequencies. I didn't notice any change in the Bass end unlike the M9 bi-flanges which I didn't like because they loosen the bass quite a bit.

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #567 of 6,090
Quote:

I got the black ones and wished I ordered the clear ones instead, I didn't know they were softer. They black ones are a bit difficult to insert in my ear canal because I got really small ears but once they're there, it's all good.

Get me some clear ones while you're at it, ok? 
size]

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #568 of 6,090
Quote:

Get me some clear ones while you're at it, ok? 
size]

I got 3 pairs in black... 'guess I won't be ordering more unless of course if I lose two 
redface.gif

Maybe someone in the forum would like a trade? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #569 of 6,090
Quote:

Compared to the stock tips, the Meelec M6 bi-flanges improves soundstage width drastically plus you get more sparkle in the high frequencies. I didn't notice any change in the Bass end unlike the M9 bi-flanges which I didn't like because they loosen the bass quite a bit.

Ah I see. Well guess I'm going to be ordering the clear tips. Idk if I should just get 1 pair of tips or 3 pairs... They don't break easily right? 

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #570 of 6,090
Quote:

Ah I see. Well guess I'm going to be ordering the clear tips. Idk if I should just get 1 pair of tips or 3 pairs... They don't break easily right? 

If you get 1 pair, you will lose them quickly and wish that you had bought 3 pairs. And if you get 3 pairs, then 1 of the pairs will last you forever and you'll never need the other two. 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back