Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jun 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #541 of 6,090
@cloudyday seems to me you'll need either double flange tips or the Sony hybrid tips that D's suggested. They are the best tips I've tried that seem to provide the best seal. Congrats on the Bassos, they are amazing.

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #543 of 6,090
Just startin to play with tips, so far i have a monster gel type sounds pretty good. But my favorite so far is the vsonic with the light blue core. Enjoyin these so far, also playin with the eph100. They seem pretty similar so far, i think eph stage and seperation are above. Coming from clip+ they sound the same, ck4 the eph100 seems to really shine with more power. Come o. Bh2, cant wait.

You're gonna love the EPH100 on the BH, amazing clarity and definition!

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #545 of 6,090
Quote:
@cloudyday seems to me you'll need either double flange tips or the Sony hybrid tips that D's suggested. They are the best tips I've tried that seem to provide the best seal. Congrats on the Bassos, they are amazing.

Yeah if my dad can find the pair of meelecs I got him I could try the double flange. I have every other tip but the double flange haha. I'm assuming they're on the sport fi s6 right now... Will definitely try them when I find them. Also I just realized that my ear canals are asymmetrical. The left earphone of the basso goes in further than the right earphone 
size]

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #546 of 6,090
WIll the meelec double flange for the M9s fit the Basso?
I know people on here say they fit the Tenore but as Basso is bigger would it still fit ok without SQ drop?

I'd suggest getting the M6 bi-flanges mate, anything else is likely to fail.

I tried the M11 tips on the Tenore and it absolutely killed them lol

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #548 of 6,090
Damn it lol 
that one guy on here told people to get the M9 tips as you said the M6s did not sound too good.
So thats what I ordered. 

I never said that.

I said that the M11 did not work at all after I tried them.

Then we discovered with kova4a that the Brainwavz R1 tips are in fact the same as the M6 bi-flanges, so that's the one we recommend to use.

Jul 1, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #550 of 6,090
Jul 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #552 of 6,090
Quote:
Then we discovered with kova4a that the Brainwavz R1 tips are in fact the same as the M6 bi-flanges, so that's the one we recommend to use.

@Lifted and Wayne
The M6 bi-flanges have finally arrived! They are perfect for the Bassos because the soundstage is definitely more wider. Aside from that, those tips allow the high end to sparkle a bit more making the Basso sound slightly U-shape which I like heaps! Definitely the perfect tips, even better than the H200 clear silicone tips that I've been using prior to the M6 bi-flanges.

I tried the tips on the H200 but sibilance becomes an issue.

Tried them on the XBA 3, and they are wonderful paired with my new filter mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back