Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Sep 10, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #5,281 of 6,090
They finally arrived!!!

Wow, they are REALLY tiny, I love how tiny they are, I didn't know, even after watching pictures, that they were that small.

The cable is flexible and soft, I like it.

These are without a doubt the most comfortable in-ear headphones I've ever had, the tips are perfect, they fit perfectly and the headphones won't move even when running. Awesome. They also isolate a LOT, that's freaking useful when listening to music that has a lot of silence parts.

Also, the build quality and the assembly is great, they're so compact and tough.

The sound is great too, although I consider this point really difficult and subjective. As you can't compare headphones properly, the sound is pretty much a subjective opinion of how you thought the previous model was sounding compared to the actual model of headphones you're testing. I like it, but I can't really say: "Wow, brutal difference". My Denon's sounded good too.

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #5,283 of 6,090
  They finally arrived!!!

Wow, they are REALLY tiny, I love how tiny they are, I didn't know, even after watching pictures, that they were that small.

The cable is flexible and soft, I like it.

These are without a doubt the most comfortable in-ear headphones I've ever had, the tips are perfect, they fit perfectly and the headphones won't move even when running. Awesome. They also isolate a LOT, that's freaking useful when listening to music that has a lot of silence parts.

Also, the build quality and the assembly is great, they're so compact and tough.

The sound is great too, although I consider this point really difficult and subjective. As you can't compare headphones properly, the sound is pretty much a subjective opinion of how you thought the previous model was sounding compared to the actual model of headphones you're testing. I like it, but I can't really say: "Wow, brutal difference". My Denon's sounded good too.

I'm glad you're liking your Tenore. Enjoy your time with them!
smile.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #5,284 of 6,090
  Good to hear that everything is positive so-far.  Good luck with the sleep challenge!

Yeah, the best thing about them is that they are extremely comfortable, they are tiny, resistant, compact and won't move anywhere in your ear canal. That's pretty much what you are looking for when purchasing in-ear headphones for every day use, in the street, bus, train, home, walking, travelling... Plus they sound great too.

Also, the "sleep challenge", lol, is totally owned. I wrongly thought that when you side sleep, the earphone is perpendicular (90º) to the pillow/bed, but that's totally wrong. It's almost parallel, so I notice them even less than my previous Denon's.

By the way, I was lucky enough to order them like 2 weeks ago. Surprisingly, my actual Denon's started to working bad like 1 week ago. It's like the earphones were synchronized, and the Carbo Tenore's were like:

-Hey Denon's, time to break yourself. Let your left headphone die. Now. 
etysmile.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #5,285 of 6,090
I agree on the comfort obssrvation. I put on quiet music at night in bed with these

At times I think I am overloading the low end. I just play normal rock and sometimes the bass seems a bit congested. Not very loud either. Might be related to the poor mastering of oldies like Traffic that I was playing. I did not play the same cut on other headphones so not a very scientific observation

Overall I like these a lot

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #5,286 of 6,090
if taking a look on the pole, there is a very strong reason why most will choose the Tenore. I first bought the Tenore, the the Japanese eBay seller posted the title wrongly and shipped me the Basso. I've read any reviews I can find between both. I thought I can just keep the Basso. But something just not right. It is the bass. It is just way too bassy. I've heard comments some said Basso has good quantity of bass yet it is not bass head level. I can darely say these people who commented are bass head themselves. The eBay seller were kind enough to sell me the Tenore and ship to me for about half the price. So I made a move and bought from him again. I've just received it. I can confirm that Tenore is the real deal! It is seriously awesome. Everything is just right, yet for the price, it is simply shocking. Don't get me wrong, Basso is fun too, but the bass is just way too elevated to my personal taste!

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #5,287 of 6,090
  if taking a look on the pole, there is a very strong reason why most will choose the Tenore. I first bought the Tenore, the the Japanese eBay seller posted the title wrongly and shipped me the Basso. I've read any reviews I can find between both. I thought I can just keep the Basso. But something just not right. It is the bass. It is just way too bassy. I've heard comments some said Basso has good quantity of bass yet it is not bass head level. I can darely say these people who commented are bass head themselves. The eBay seller were kind enough to sell me the Tenore and ship to me for about half the price. So I made a move and bought from him again. I've just received it. I can confirm that Tenore is the real deal! It is seriously awesome. Everything is just right, yet for the price, it is simply shocking. Don't get me wrong, Basso is fun too, but the bass is just way too elevated to my personal taste!

Agree 100%

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #5,288 of 6,090
Sorry for repeating myself again, but I've been using them out there walking in my city and shopping and stuff, and I have to say again that these in-ear headphones are simply the BEST for every day use.

I can't say how comfortable they are. I've never experienced something like that using headphones. The thing I love the most is that they simply won't move, never, period. You don't know how awesome that is. I've been using them for 3h continuously, and I haven't re-fitted them or re-adjusted them any single time. Now you sum that plus their isolation is amazing, and you get a musical experience without stops or pauses. Even in the bus, that many times in my city they tend to be so noisy, it was perfectly fine. I had my volume all the way up though, although I could have lowered it 2-3 steps down without noticing any background bus noise.

They are "cheap", so you don't have to be extremely careful with them, and you don't mind if you accidentally drop them, if you save them in your pocket just like that... That's also a very important thing to me, cause it would be kind of uncomfortable "to your mind" to know you're wearing $300 headphones in the bus, train, street, walking, shopping, put them here, there, put your phone in the same pocket, your wallet, etc.

They sound great and are so tiny you can use them and bring them everywhere. I can't think about any weak point, even the cable is awesome, so soft and flexible, very, very little bit of memory effect, and long enough. The thing that I haven't touched them any single time in 3h doing a lot of different things, is worth it for me more than 30 bucks.

I gotta say the only one mistake of design I've found. The headphones are completely symmetrical, so you can't know which one goes on the left and which one goes on the right by touching them. That's actually annoying if you're in a "dark" room. This is a terrible design error, and I guess I will have to make a mark in the right headphone by cutting gently a tiny scar in the armature or pasting something like a little semi-sphere or something like that.

Any of you guys had dealt with this problem?
How you guys have solved it?
Any better idea about making a mark in one armature?

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #5,289 of 6,090
  I gotta say the only one mistake of design I've found. The headphones are completely symmetrical, so you can't know which one goes on the left and which one goes on the right by touching them. That's actually annoying if you're in a "dark" room. This is a terrible design error, and I guess I will have to make a mark in the right headphone by cutting gently a tiny scar in the armature or pasting something like a little semi-sphere or something like that.

Any of you guys had dealt with this problem?
How you guys have solved it?
Any better idea about making a mark in one armature?

With small housings like the Tenore's, I usually just cut a thin slice off some unused tip's stem and use it as a marker ring.

These are my Flare R2PROs, not the Tenores. But I think you'll get the idea:

Sep 16, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #5,291 of 6,090
OK, I was wrong, weak point fixed!

See that joint/grip right there with the 3 dots?

As you can see, those 3 dots are always on one side, the left one side. So yeah, you just have to touch that joint, determine where're the 3 dots, follow the cable to the top, and you get the left headphone.

Carbo Tenore's are awesome!

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #5,292 of 6,090
  OK, I was wrong, weak point fixed!

See that joint/grip right there with the 3 dots?

As you can see, those 3 dots are always on one side, the left one side. So yeah, you just have to touch that joint, determine where're the 3 dots, follow the cable to the top, and you get the left headphone.

Carbo Tenore's are awesome!

Wow, thanks man ! Never noticed that.

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #5,293 of 6,090

Wow, thanks man ! Never noticed that.

No problem!

After 2 weeks using them, my opinion about them has not changed at all. I really think this super tiny form factor is going to be the first feature I'm gonna look for in all my future in-ear headphones (for every-day use). I really love how tiny, compact and slim they are, and I'm not coming back to the regular/medium in-ear headphone size. I think the feature I'm noticing more impressive is their comfort and that they never ever move from where you put them. I also think that they still sound amazing and the build quality is simply perfect and beautiful, they are solid as screw, XD.

Nevertheless there's one big flaw: sensitivity. Although they isolate awesomely well and for now I've never faced a situation where background noise takes over my music, I sometimes still miss a little more juice, just for the sound's sake. You know, the louder, the better it sounds (without reaching distortion, obviously). So that's the only thing I think they have to improve.

Anyways... has anyone compared these headphones versus the Xiomi Pistons V2? Are the Xiomi's better in any aspect?

Sep 27, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #5,294 of 6,090
  No problem!

After 2 weeks using them, my opinion about them has not changed at all. I really think this super tiny form factor is going to be the first feature I'm gonna look for in all my future in-ear headphones (for every-day use). I really love how tiny, compact and slim they are, and I'm not coming back to the regular/medium in-ear headphone size. I think the feature I'm noticing more impressive is their comfort and that they never ever move from where you put them. I also think that they still sound amazing and the build quality is simply perfect and beautiful, they are solid as screw, XD.

Nevertheless there's one big flaw: sensitivity. Although they isolate awesomely well and for now I've never faced a situation where background noise takes over my music, I sometimes still miss a little more juice, just for the sound's sake. You know, the louder, the better it sounds (without reaching distortion, obviously). So that's the only thing I think they have to improve.

Anyways... has anyone compared these headphones versus the Xiomi Pistons V2? Are the Xiomi's better in any aspect?

you can add an amp to solve that. Fiio e6 must be good enough for that. If money isnt an issue, id say go for fiio e11k. enjoy.
L3000.gif

Sep 27, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #5,295 of 6,090

you can add an amp to solve that. Fiio e6 must be good enough for that. If money isnt an issue, id say go for fiio e11k. enjoy.
L3000.gif

Yeah, but I'm talking about every-day use headphones, so packing another little box in my pocket that even has battery (now you got to worry about the battery of 2 devices in your pocket) is not a solution at all. The solution is to stop listening to music using my smartphone and buy a "professional" music player like FiiO's X5ii. But I don't have the money. Yet... xD

I just wanted to point that out, cause it's the only flaw I can tell about them. All the rest is awesome.

Talking about the FiiO X5ii, like a month ago and before I thought it was the perfect music player for me. But now I think the UI and the device itself still has to improve, a lot. I think it should have a screen that covers all the device, just like smartphones are. A giant touch-screen and a refreshed UI is what it needs, cause right now... man, in 2015 using 5 bottons... that reminds me when I used my iPod nano 2nd gen. A touch-screen is way faster and it lets you do a lot of things. Also, enlarging the screen makes the device quite more beautiful and intuitive. Like a month ago, if I had the money, I would had bought it, but right now, nope. I really hope it gets updated with a 4-5" touch-screen in the next updates of the device.

Nothing about the Piston's V2 vs Carbo Tenore's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back