Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Aug 21, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #5,222 of 6,090
Received my Tenore yesterday. They sound fine but I don't think they are blowing other IEMs in this range out of the water....viG​

Give it time mate, and burn in.

They are better than my EPH-100 now.

Aug 22, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #5,226 of 6,090
Received my Tenore yesterday. They sound fine but I don't think they are blowing other IEMs in this range out of the water....

i agree with you. Even to my ears, they are good.. but not ''Holy smokes, ive found nirvana" good. :) I usually use them during my relaxing sessions. :D They definitely are silky smooth to me. :)

Aug 22, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #5,227 of 6,090
I have the Tenore, and while the SQ and instrument separation of this IEM is outstanding, there is something on it that I feel it is not right. I cannot say if it is the sound stage, or perhaps the air pressure it creates when I use it (I get an almost perfect isolation and it seems that the air pressure in my ear after I put the headphone stays longer than other IEMs). 

This week I received an Ostry KC06A I had ordered some time ago (see this thread for more info), and I would say that the Ostry is as good or even better than the Tenore. Anyway, I will keep listening it so with more time I will be able to better evaluate it. But in two days of using the Ostry, I can say I am more than satisfied with it.

Aug 22, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #5,228 of 6,090
  I have the Tenore, and while the SQ and instrument separation of this IEM is outstanding, there is something on it that I feel it is not right. I cannot say if it is the sound stage, or perhaps the air pressure it creates when I use it (I get an almost perfect isolation and it seems that the air pressure in my ear after I put the headphone stays longer than other IEMs). 

This week I received an Ostry KC06A I had ordered some time ago (see this thread for more info), and I would say that the Ostry is as good or even better than the Tenore. Anyway, I will keep listening it so with more time I will be able to better evaluate it. But in two days of using the Ostry, I can say I am more than satisfied with it.

I looked at those and even though the sound quality looks promising, I think the fit and lack of isolation is a definite no no.

Aug 22, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #5,229 of 6,090

Well, even i was of the same opinion.. But its when i used the Yellow whirlwind tips from T1E that the KC06A clearly outclassed my tenore's. (These are just my impressions based on my hearing.. No offense meant to anyone.. :) )

Aug 22, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #5,231 of 6,090
Just got the Carbo Tenores today. They are excellent! Especially for the price! I love the sound stage, and the awesome bass impact. The mids are better than the Shure SE215, and that (to me at least) is saying something since Shure's house sound has everything to do with the mids...) I love them so far!

Also, carbon is pretty cool...

Aug 23, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #5,232 of 6,090

Here's an old trick for highly isolating IEMs, after you've inserted them, take a quick pull at your ear(lobe) to break the seal just for a split second and equalize air pressure.

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #5,233 of 6,090
Received my Tenore yesterday. They sound fine but I don't think they are blowing other IEMs in this range out of the water....

Out of curiosity, what other IEMs do you think the Tenore compares favorably with in this price range?

i agree with you. Even to my ears, they are good.. but not ''Holy smokes, ive found nirvana" good.
smily_headphones1.gif
I usually use them during my relaxing sessions.
biggrin.gif
They definitely are silky smooth to me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha. Well, I was just impressed with how good they sound, given its price tag. I paid only ~$30 for the Tenore, but it did so many things better than my Shure SE215, and matched even my Westone 3 in certain technical aspects (treble, for example). They certainly are a contender for a bang for the buck champion. I'd say that we're living in a good time now - there are so many affordable IEMs delivering quality that would have cost a few hundred bucks a few years ago.

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #5,234 of 6,090
Hopefully soon I'll be getting some new JVC FXH-30s to see how they compare to the Tenores.

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #5,235 of 6,090
  Hopefully soon I'll be getting some new JVC FXH-30s to see how they compare to the Tenores.

I'm quite sure they will be a few steps above Tenores.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back