Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Apr 21, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #4,951 of 6,090
My understanding is that there are variations of the Tenore due to QC issues.

Still, I think they both have good bass but the big difference or noticeable difference is that Tenore has a 'thump' to its bass.  Not to say that they're too bassy, but that when there is bass, there is a thump whereas with B3s, the bass is still there but minus the thump.  Overall I do feel that Tenore is a slightly warmer sound.

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #4,952 of 6,090
I don't think foams will be good with Tenore, because it will make the treble even less.  Is anyone out there using foam eartips with Tenore and loving them?

Is there a reason you want to use foam?

Comply s200 sounds great on the Tenore

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #4,953 of 6,090
Recently bought Carbo Basso and enjoying this little gem a lot .. The bass is awesome and it responds well to the Eq if needed..  I find myself preferring Bassos over my Hippo Vb and HSA Wooduo2 for the bass heavy songs. Anyone here has both ZA DuoZa and Basso ? - pls compare the bass performance ..

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #4,954 of 6,090

Right, but unfortunately the outer vent has little to no influence on sound.

You'd need to mod the driver back vent inside to change them to bass heavy or bass light:

I see....well that is more complicated isn't it. That definitly makes more sense though when you said depending on how much g;ue they use it could get covered up or not.....Im not sure Im ready to take them apart yet...then again they were only 40 bucks and if I could get the bass right they would nearly be the perfect headphones.....I still think Im going to see how much the sound changes from burn in though......

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #4,955 of 6,090
These have become my favorite earbuds over the last four months, they go well with everything and the vocals of everyone sound eerily natural to me. Way more natural voice reproduction than my desktop Sennheisers, though those are cold/analytical for gaming purposes haha, these are warm and cozy :3
And they've taken a BEATING, I have not given a damn handling these, before and after I started loving them. Using stock tips, and I try to insert to not create a vacuum, they don't sit that snugly but they sound very nice and airy this way. Also I don't get fatigued listening to these at all it seems, right compromises made for a 40$ IEM. Almost want a backup now xD

Apr 24, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #4,957 of 6,090
I got my Tenore in the mail today. Impressive sounding IEM for the money. Loved them!

Tenore next to Etymotic MK5. So small 
blink.gif

Apr 24, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #4,960 of 6,090
  I got my Tenore in the mail today. Impressive sounding IEM for the money. Loved them!

Great! 
I noticed improvement in details after 40hr mark and significant improvement in sub bass at >100hr mark.

It may differ for others but Tenores do need burn in, that's for sure.

Apr 24, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #4,961 of 6,090
  Great! 
I noticed improvement in details after 40hr mark and significant improvement in sub bass at >100hr mark.

It may differ for others but Tenores do need burn in, that's for sure.

Thanks. Btw, I'm using JVC spiral dots tips on them. Imo, the stock tips are not good. They do muffle the sound a lot and tame the treble too much. 

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #4,962 of 6,090

Tenore next to Etymotic MK5. So small 
blink.gif

Congrats.  Will be interesting to see whether you prefer Tenore over IM50 and IM70.

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #4,963 of 6,090

Yes, definitely! How long do I need to burn these in? 

I didn't burn them in at all. Just started using them from the get go. Don't think much has changed since I bought them in January. Could be psychological, but I think the bass has tightened up a little since I first started using them.

Enjoy your Tenore! Hope to hear your impressions concerning the Tenore and the IM50.

Apr 24, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #4,965 of 6,090
Was giving Tenore a go through the Pono player earlier this evening. These IEM still got what it takes.
wink.gif

How's the Pono compared to the DX90 in overall refinement, detail and musicality? Say with the Tenore. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back